Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnpolitics

Deshawn Watson and Andrew Luck out for the year!

13 posts in this topic

How big would not completely throwing away that Bears game (at minimum) be right about now.  Knowing you finish with 4 of the last 6 at home, and will face the Packers, Texans, and Colts with 2nd or 3rd string starting QBs?

This season set up great for a 12+ wins (especially with all the 2nd string QBs they have faced or will face) and maybe a bye, and contend for home field overall in the AFC... and Marty ball has already dug them an unnecessarily large hole to try to get themselve out of just to make it period.

Edited by Ravens2006

Dang....

Two young stars .....

NFL having a rough year ....

I think the Ravens have voodoo dolls.  I have never seen a team have an easier QB schedule in all of my years of watching football.  Oakland missing Derek Carr, Minnesota without Bradford, Miami with Moore instead of Cutler.  And in the second half, Houston without Watson, Green Bay without Rogers, and Indy without Luck.  Throw in rookies Kizer and Trubisky, along with Bortles and when it is all said and done the only decent QBs the Ravens will face all year long are Dalton twice, Roethlisberger twice, Marriota, and Stafford, assuming none of them get hurt.  That is an unbelievably favorable schedule.  

Edited by cprenegade

10 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

I think the Ravens have voodoo dolls.  I have never seen a team have an easier QB schedule in all of my years of watching football.  Oakland missing Derek Carr, Minnesota without Bradford, Miami with Moore instead of Cutler.  And in the second half, Houston without Watson, Green Bay without Rogers, and Indy without Luck.  Throw in rookies Kizer and Trubisky, along with Bortles and when it is all said and done the only decent QBs the Ravens will face all year long are Dalton twice, Roethlisberger twice, Marriota, and Stafford, assuming none of them get hurt.  That is an unbelievably favorable schedule.  

Makes second guess how good this defense really is. Shouldn't they be steam rolling teams consistently? I'm not sure- I guess as the season rolls on we will find out. Definitely they should be top 3 Defense or something is wrong imo - with all their talent. Although I do feel the two Safeties are too similarly skilled at the moment, and not complimentary to each other.

Edited by poefolks

11 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

Good post.....

I think Jacksonville wins the whole thing.  They'e built an awful lot like the 2012 Ravens, only their pass rush is arguably better and so is their secondary.

Run the ball and pressure the QB.  They do both very well.

1 hour ago, Slidemaster said:

I think Jacksonville wins the whole thing.  They'e built an awful lot like the 2012 Ravens, only their pass rush is arguably better and so is their secondary.

Run the ball and pressure the QB.  They do both very well.

Not with Blake Bortles as their QB.  If they get a QB after this season, they might be the best team in the AFC.  But with Bortles, no.  Too inconsistent and no ability to generate any kind of legitimate passing game.  

Watson is a crushing loss not only for the Texans, but for the league as a whole. The NFL desperately needs young stars who give the game a much-needed shot of "juice." Watson was instant excitement. Couple that with the fact that he doesn't have any baggage, doesn't have any domestic violence allegations against him, didn't do bong hits on social media, and actually graduated from college ahead of schedule. (A real student-athlete!) Just what the doctor ordered.

I was really looking forward to the Texans-Ravens game, not because I was all tingly over watching the Ravens, but because I wanted to see DeShawn Watson. I wish the guy a complete recovery and I hope he comes back better than he was before the injury.

First JJ Watt and now Watson. The Texans have to be wondering if the sports gods have conspired to make sure Houston doesn't have two championship teams in the same season.

Edited by mdrunning

42 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

Not with Blake Bortles as their QB.  If they get a QB after this season, they might be the best team in the AFC.  But with Bortles, no.  Too inconsistent and no ability to generate any kind of legitimate passing game.  

I agree. When a team has to essentially play around the most important position on the field, that's a formula which is ultimately doomed to fail.

Edited by mdrunning

They're missing their #1 WR, too.

Bortles is an enigma...but I do think he's not as bad as some people make him out to be.

And if Fournette is healthy, with that defense, they can definitely make some noise.

Pretty remarkable the lack of talent at QB the Ravens have seen so far this year, and will see...and that we're only 4-4 is pretty sad.

That Bears game is going to come back to haunt us.

Edited by Pickle20

Luck, although talented, seems to lack the durability needed for sustained greatness.

18 hours ago, cprenegade said:

Trent Dilfer says it's possible.

Granted this Jags defense isn't as good as the 2000 Ravens, but when your defense can make the opposing QB a non-factor, all you need to do is run the ball.