Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoyinMudville

Trump's Latest Impeachable Actions

100 posts in this topic

Just now, VOSA said:

My claim:

Obama used the IRS to go after conservative organization.

Links I provided:

“Here's some background information about the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) scandal involving the targeting of certain groups. In May 2013, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration released a report indicating the targeting involved delaying the processing of applications by certain conservative groups and requesting information from them that was later deemed unnecessary.”

As

“The exhaustive report, which examined nine years worth of applications for tax-exempt status, comes after a similar audit in 2013 found that groups with conservative names like “Tea Party,” “patriot” or “9/12” were unfairly targeted for further review.”

“The controversy began in 2013 when an IRS official admitted the agency had been aggressively scrutinizing groups with names such as "Tea Party" and "Patriots." It later emerged that liberal groups had been targeted, too, although in smaller numbers.”

Congratulations, you can not add “functional illiterate” to your list of credentials.

Ask yourself this question:
WHY were they being targeted? Was it because they were conservative groups or maybe, just maybe it was because they were claiming to be not-for-profit but using their non-profits for political means.

Of course you make your opinion perfectly clear. Of course, you are wrong.

But thanks for repeating the lie. The ghost of Joseph Goebbels thanks you.

44 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Ask yourself this question:
WHY were they being targeted? Was it because they were conservative groups or maybe, just maybe it was because they were claiming to be not-for-profit but using their non-profits for political means.

Of course you make your opinion perfectly clear. Of course, you are wrong.

But thanks for repeating the lie. The ghost of Joseph Goebbels thanks you.

The organizations were "unfairly targeted".

Why is it you can't seem to accept that?

Just now, VOSA said:

The organizations were "unfairly targeted".

Why is it you can't seem to accept that?

"Unfairly" is an opinion. I will allow YOU to accept it.

6 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

"Unfairly" is an opinion. I will allow YOU to accept it.

It's the opinion of the Treasury Dept.'s Inspector General.

Now who do you think intelligent people are going to believe, you or the Treasury Dept.'s Inspector General?

1 minute ago, VOSA said:

It's the opinion of the Treasury Dept.'s Inspector General.

Now who do you think intelligent people are going to believe, you or the Treasury Dept.'s Inspector General?

It's still an opinion - an early opinion. After it was reviewed, no "unfairness" was found. But you still keep peddling the lie. I'm surprised you didn't add Hillary's emails and/or Benghazi to boot. While you are at it add in that Obama's birth certificate is fake as well. Man, you just need new material. The treads of these stories are long past their expiration dates. :D

1 minute ago, ncbirdfan said:

It's still an opinion - an early opinion. After it was reviewed, no "unfairness" was found. But you still keep peddling the lie. I'm surprised you didn't add Hillary's emails and/or Benghazi to boot. While you are at it add in that Obama's birth certificate is fake as well. Man, you just need new material. The treads of these stories are long past their expiration dates. :D

Has he said anything about Trump's actions or just trying to say Obama is as bad or worse?

2 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Has he said anything about Trump's actions or just trying to say Obama is as bad or worse?

I don't think he really knows.

13 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

The Civil War is long past it's expiration date too so should people no longer talk about that?

Why is it you feel uncomfortable when you can't control what subjects are being discussed? Why does free ranging debate scare you?

17 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

What Trump action would you like me to comment on?

1 hour ago, VOSA said:

My claim:

Obama used the IRS to go after conservative organization.

Links I provided:

“Here's some background information about the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) scandal involving the targeting of certain groups. In May 2013, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration released a report indicating the targeting involved delaying the processing of applications by certain conservative groups and requesting information from them that was later deemed unnecessary.”

“The exhaustive report, which examined nine years worth of applications for tax-exempt status, comes after a similar audit in 2013 found that groups with conservative names like “Tea Party,” “patriot” or “9/12” were unfairly targeted for further review.”

“The controversy began in 2013 when an IRS official admitted the agency had been aggressively scrutinizing groups with names such as "Tea Party" and "Patriots." It later emerged that liberal groups had been targeted, too, although in smaller numbers.”

Congratulations, you can not add “functional illiterate” to your list of credentials.

It later emerged that liberal groups had been targeted too.

speaking of functional illiteracy

3 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

It later emerged that liberal groups had been targeted too.

speaking of functional illiteracy

We covered that ground yesterday.

Do try to keep up.

2 minutes ago, VOSA said:

We covered that ground yesterday.

Do try to keep up.

You're the only one who seems to be having difficulty grasping this basic concept.

1 hour ago, JoyinMudville said:

You're the only one who seems to be having difficulty grasping this basic concept.

He has a hard time distinguishing fact and opinion. I remember learning that in fourth grade. Apparently he skipped class during that time. ;)

Edited by ncbirdfan

11 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

Because the Republicans were trying to discredit Obama and called it that so that when it failed it would make him look bad.

Supporters call it that as well. It become the "term of art" for healthcare discussions (sort of like Kleenex is used to describe any brand of tissue). :D 

11 minutes ago, Papi said:

Supporters call it that as well. It become the "term of art" for healthcare discussions (sort of like Kleenex is used to describe any brand of tissue). :D 

But Trump owns it now

35 minutes ago, Papi said:

Republicans started it but when the Dems realized that more people liked it than didn't like it, they called it that too. 

45 minutes ago, Papi said:

It's a back atcha taunt because after SCOTUS upheld it, the Republicans started calling it the "ACA" or "Affordable Care Act" :lol:

On 11/3/2017 at 7:35 PM, VOSA said:

The IRS researching political groups is not the problem. The partisan manner in which they did it is the problem.

And if you believe the Obama would come out publicly and announce that he was going to have his IRS target conservative groups then you've been reading the same fairy tales JIM has been reading.

On 11/4/2017 at 3:54 PM, Cameron said:

Why do you think that Obama would not come out publicly and announce that he was going to have the IRS target conservative groups?

6 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

He hasn't answered my question.

On 11/4/2017 at 3:54 PM, Cameron said:

Why do you think that Obama would not come out publicly and announce that he was going to have the IRS target conservative groups?

Sorry for not answering before, I didn't think you were serious.

Q: Why would Obama not come out and announce he was going to have the IRS do something that would make him look bad politically?

A: Because it would make him look bad politically and politicians don't want to look bad politically.

I hope this helps you understand politics a little better.

1 hour ago, VOSA said:

Sorry for not answering before, I didn't think you were serious.

Q: Why would Obama not come out and announce he was going to have the IRS do something that would make him look bad politically?

A: Because it would make him look bad politically and politicians don't want to look bad politically.

I hope this helps you understand politics a little better.

I hope this helps you to understand a bit about the  history and law of my country:

"He misused the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Secret Service, and other executive personnel, in violation or disregard of the constitutional rights of citizens, by directing or authorizing such agencies or personnel to conduct or continue electronic surveillance or other investigations for purposes unrelated to national security, the enforcement of laws, or any other lawful function of his office; he did direct, authorize, or permit the use of information obtained thereby for purposes unrelated to national security, the enforcement of laws, or any other lawful function of his office; and he did direct the concealment of certain records made by the Federal Bureau of Investigation of electronic surveillance."

http://watergate.info/impeachment/articles-of-impeachment

How the Democrats choose to conduct their elections is not "related to national security, the enforcement of laws or any other lawful function of his office."

Obama, not being as stupid as Trump, did not come out publicly and announce an abuse of power

If you're still confused, I'm happy to take questions.

Edited by Cameron

On 11/3/2017 at 3:54 PM, JoyinMudville said:

We get a pretty view of Trumps disdain for justice in his pardoning of a law enforcement officer who willfully disregarded a court order.

He isn't alone, though. Many in his party now support a man running for Senate who, as a judge willfully violated the Constitution.

6 minutes ago, hst2 said:

We get a pretty view of Trumps disdain for justice in his pardoning of a law enforcement officer who willfully disregarded a court order.

He isn't alone, though. Many in his party now support a man running for Senate who, as a judge willfully violated the Constitution.

For a big part of the GOP, power is more important than principal, law, or constitution. You see it daily with their hissy fits over the tightening Russia investigation.

17 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

For a big part of the GOP, power is more important than principal, law, or constitution. You see it daily with their hissy fits over the tightening Russia investigation.

Oh the irony.

Why are none of you concerned about real,proven lawbreaking?.....Hillary

"tightening Russia investigation" Ha! Good one.

The only thing tightening is your collective panties.

I must say, it’s 11/06/2017; 6:27Pm central time Us on the MSNBC news I heard a statement from Trump that actually sounded sincere and it was about the latest mass shooting.

Wow, maybe even a Trump can change.

(:-