Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ravens2006

Titans game...

78 posts in this topic

That's because the Ravens usually have 0 points nearing halftime!

On 11/6/2017 at 10:33 AM, alienrace said:

Well, if I were going to rank those top 3 AFC teams it would probably be:

New England - because they're likely to get HFA throughout, and Brady is somehow defying all odds and playing at a very high level even at 40 years old.  Despite their poor defense, they've got enough offense and the HFA due to playing in the crap division is a free pass in many ways.

Kansas City - their pass rush is at times pretty impressive.  Alex Smith is playing well.  Honestly, they are the most complete team, if they could somehow get HFA, I'd put them ahead of the Pats, I don't see the Pats coming into KC and winning, though they'd have a shot.

Pittsburgh - Their defense has been better than expected, still wouldn't call it great.  Roethlisberger is very clearly on the downside and they have issues on an offense that was expected to be much better.  They could still turn it around, and make themselves the favorite if they get the passing game going the way it was expected.  They also are KC's kryptonite, so there is that, but then again, the Pats are the Steelers kryptonite.

IMO, you could probably interchange all three depending on how the season goes down the stretch.  I just don't think any of these three look like Superbowl teams other than they are the best of a really, really crappy AFC.  I wouldn't rule out any of them being upset in their first games.

I'd have to agree that NE has to be the favorite, mainly because they've earned that right over the last decade and a half.  But I would flip Pittsburgh and KC.  I was skeptical of KC even when they were 5-0.  Teams have figured out how to shut down Hunt and Hill over the last few games and 5-0 has quickly become 6-3.  The HFA might come down to the NE/Pittsburgh game.  Pittsburgh's remaining schedule is as easy as the Ravens.  They play 5 out of 8 at home and QB injuries have made their only tough game the New England game.  New England's defense sucked badly the first few games, but in typical BIlicheck fashion it has tightened up and over that last 4 games has actually been very good.  I still think it comes down to NE and Pittsburgh in the AFC championship game and it might depend on where it is played.  KC could be trouble, but the rest of the AFC is mediocre or worse.  And quite frankly I think all three of them could beat any of the NFC teams that might get there.  Philadelphia is the bandwagon favorite right now, but they have beaten only one team with a winning record at the time.  No doubt they look good, but I think Bilicheck especially would have a game plan that might change that.  It wouldn't surprise me if they don't get there at all.  I could see someone like a Carolina, Seattle, or Minnesota taking them out in the playoffs.  

Well certainly Philly is fully capable of blowing their load a little early.  Many teams have done that over the years.