soulflower

Mass Shooting near San Antonio

487 posts in this topic

Prayers for the deceased, injured and their families and friends.

With respect to the victims and their families, and in the hope that we can have a grown up conversation, how do we stop this from happening again?

8 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

With respect to the victims and their families, and in the hope that we can have a grown up conversation, how do we stop this from happening again?

Technically, we can't.

There will always be a confluence of mental illness and weaponry of one form or another.

We're stuck with what they call 'risk management'.

2 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

Technically, we can't.

There will always be a confluence of mental illness and weaponry of one form or another.

Sadly, I think you may be right.

10 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Well, we know that saying "our prayers are with the victims and their families" hasn't worked.

I was relatively close to the West Side Highway when that guy drove his truck down the bike lane. I remember thinking how much worse it would have been if he had been able to access a small arsenal like the guy in Vegas had. I don't know if New York and New Jersey's tough gun laws had anything to do with it but that guy, at least wasn't able to come out of the van gunning people down.

47 minutes ago, workerbee said:

Why!

It’s part of the demonic assault.  

20 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Sharp shooter security guards ...everywhere there are moderate to large crowds. If we can't predict who and where we just have to be super alert, prepared and able to react in seconds. 

That's about all I can think of. 

16 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

Technically, we can't.

So we just give up?  

15 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

So we just give up?  

If that's your opinion of 'risk management', then yeah, I guess you could just give up.

20 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

So we just give up?  

Yes. 

The cycle now starts again. We know there will be another one, we just don't know when or where. Only thing we can do is hope no one we know is a victim. Good luck! 

10 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

If that's your opinion of 'risk management', then yeah, I guess you could just give up.

Then please, explain in more detail.

Seems in Texas, a state easy to get a carry permit, there would be someone packing who could fire back at the low life.

The ownership of guns has been so successfully marketed as a desirable product when it's consequences are overwhelmingly undesirable, it is difficult to stop this sort of thing. 

Some public education on the deranged of these things might help. It helped with cutting back on smoking, of which gun ownership reminds me.

There is pure evil in the world that cannot be understood by the rational mind.

It's madness.

Just now, TheBaldGuy said:

Seems in Texas, a state easy to get a carry permit, there would be someone packing who could fire back at the low life.

This is a fantasy.

The often satirical Onion, will print the article tomorrow for the 6th time in the last 3 years. 

'No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens.

“This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,”

“It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep these individuals from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what they really wanted.”

https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1819580358 

Edited by naive

Another soft target that evil cowards seem to flock to.

Now you have to be armed in Church?