Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
watchfulreader80

MIAA playoffs

90 posts in this topic

It's all a big joke. Gilman as the second seed lost 50-0 against St Frances. What's that tell you about the upcoming playoffs? All of this is to further pad the ego of certain St Francis coaches who put hundreds of thousands of dollars into recruits (including out of state kids) to make sure that everyone else is humbled by their superior talent. Even the NCAA doesn't allow the recruiting tactics that this school uses --which is probably why that head coach left college football after one year and came back where money can guarantee wins.

My question is how is the sunpaper gonna handle giving out coach of the year this year. Is it gonna be co coach of the year. Somebody's ego gonna get hurt

The playoff format is bs imo but that’s what they voted for so what can I say . The leagues teams are pretty much evenly matched outside of SF and that’s only because they have the best players money can buy 

12 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

The playoff format is bs imo but that’s what they voted for so what can I say . The leagues teams are pretty much evenly matched outside of SF and that’s only because they have the best players money can buy 

Gooch,  I agree that they voted on it, think the pressure of the previous format being bs got to them. I do think SFA wins hands down but think it's nice for the 2 guys that stuck it out from the bad season a couple years ago,  Terrel Smith and Derry have had good careers at SFA. I think they are the only 2 left from that team

1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Stop crying damn

Did y’all make the playoffs ?

1 hour ago, jbmad said:

Gooch,  I agree that they voted on it, think the pressure of the previous format being bs got to them. I do think SFA wins hands down but think it's nice for the 2 guys that stuck it out from the bad season a couple years ago,  Terrel Smith and Derry have had good careers at SFA. I think they are the only 2 left from that team

Davon Williams was also on that team. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

57 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Davon Williams was also on that team. 

Yeah but he reclassed last year after making all MIAA the year before so I didn't count him

Do any other MIAA or Baltimore Catholic league high schools allow reclassifying? I thought these schools were above that nonsense and here give kids quality education, not game the system for wins. I'm not surprised St Frances does this, just curious if any others stoop the this low level. 

Don't know of any that allow it at the high school level anymore, but some with lower schools do before high school. You also have to blame the parents for doing it

12 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

SFA over MCD 3 scores

CH over Hounds by 2 scores 

SFA over CH 2scores 

Thanks, pretty much whenever you make picks against Gilman like this, they win. 

12 hours ago, Dub said:

Do any other MIAA or Baltimore Catholic league high schools allow reclassifying? I thought these schools were above that nonsense and here give kids quality education, not game the system for wins. I'm not surprised St Frances does this, just curious if any others stoop the this low level. 

11 hours ago, jbmad said:

Don't know of any that allow it at the high school level anymore, but some with lower schools do before high school. You also have to blame the parents for doing it

Could one consider the systematic act of lower school reclassing GAMING THE SYSTEM?

4 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

So how many are you up to saying who would predict Gilman losing are enabling Gilman to win?  Dude, Gilman is 4 and 7 ---- that's a loser Loser!

Edited by DayWalker

8 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Lol i wish it worked like this at the tables

4 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Could one consider the systematic act of lower school reclassing GAMING THE SYSTEM?

Absolutely 

On 11/6/2017 at 4:13 PM, Dub said:

The schools that go from K-12th grade all do the pre-first BS and yes, I know of many in both the A and B conference that hold back in 8th grade and even re-class in HS.  I think it is getting out of hand with the number of 19 year old seniors in HS.    

Well MSJ would have been the better match up. But hope McD can get something going.

48 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Hear it’s 14-7 SFA right now. Ellis is playing. 

That's the biggest problem right there, he's not a qb