Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scaggsville

Despite Low Approval Ratings, Trump Would Defeat Clinton In a November 2017 Election

39 posts in this topic

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/06/12-months-later-trump-would-probably-still-win-the-2016-election/?ICID=ref_fark&tid=sm_tw&utm_content=link&utm_medium=website&utm_source=fark&utm_term=.7733c802409f

 

It has been almost exactly one year since President Trump shocked the world by defeating Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election. And he might well do it again today.

Confronted with the events of the past 12 months and even Trump's unprecedented unpopularity — 59 percent disapprove of his presidency — a new poll shows that 2016 voters look as though they'd still pick Trump, albeit about as narrowly as they did before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't fix stupid.  Have those good paying jobs flooded the Rust Belt yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soulflower said:

Obama would’ve beaten Trump

Biden would have also, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Probably"
 

 

 

 

I would definitely still vote for somebody else.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scaggsville said:

Biden would have also, IMO.

Gas Station Sushi would’ve beaten Trump

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Obama would’ve beaten Trump

Totally irrelevant since he was ineligible to run against him.  Reagan would have beaten Obama, but what does that matter?  Personally, I still believe that Sanders would have beaten Trump.  The margin of victory in the swing states was so thin I believe the number of Sanders supporters that stayed home or voted third party would have easily eclipsed the number of independents/moderates who would have jumped off the democratic ticket because of Sanders.  Biden would have beaten Trump easily.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cprenegade said:

Totally irrelevant since he was ineligible to run against him.  Reagan would have beaten Obama, but what does that matter?  Personally, I still believe that Sanders would have beaten Trump.  The margin of victory in the swing states was so thin I believe the number of Sanders supporters that stayed home or voted third party would have easily eclipsed the number of independents/moderates who would have jumped off the democratic ticket because of Sanders.  Biden would have beaten Trump easily.  

Since there is no November 2017 POTUS election, isn't the whole thread irrelevant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Norman said:

Since there is no November 2017 POTUS election, isn't the whole thread irrelevant?

Ask the Wash Post ........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Norman said:

Since there is no November 2017 POTUS election, isn't the whole thread irrelevant?

Should serve as a wakeup call to the Dems. Flush the cancerous Clintons out of your system!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

Totally irrelevant since he was ineligible to run against  Reagan would have beaten Obama, but what does that matter?  Personally, I still believe that Sanders would have beaten Trump.  The margin of victory in the swing states was so thin I believe the number of Sanders supporters that stayed home or voted third party would have easily eclipsed the number of independents/moderates who would have jumped off the democratic ticket because of Sanders.  Biden would have beaten Trump easily.  

The premise of this thread is totally irrelevant 

There’s no Presidential election this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scaggsville said:

Should serve as a wakeup call to the Dems. Flush the cancerous Clintons out of your system!

We're back to the blame the Democrats?  The Democrats didn't give the Don the nomination in Cleveland.  When do the Republicans get some blame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Norman said:

We're back to the blame the Democrats?  The Democrats didn't give the Don the nomination in Cleveland.  When do the Republicans get some blame?

Dems lost the White House.

You asked about the relevance of the subject WashPo article.

I'm thinking about the relevance and what I come up with is the fact that there are lessons to be learned from failure.

Hard, uncomfortable lessons that should be examined.

If the Dems don't do an honest post-mortem, they will continue to lose, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obama and Sanders are more popular than Trump in counties Trump won

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, soulflower said:

The premise of this thread is totally irrelevant 

There’s no Presidential election this year

Theoretically yes, but they do this type of thing after every election as a way of gauging whether the election would be different if held today.  And it is a possibility that Trump and Clinton could meet in a rematch.   Barrack Obama vs. Donald Trump can never happen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Scaggsville said:

Dems lost the White House.

You asked about the relevance of the subject WashPo article.

I'm thinking about the relevance and what I come up with is the fact that there are lessons to be learned from failure.

Hard, uncomfortable lessons that should be examined.

If the Dems don't do an honest post-mortem, they will continue to lose, IMO.

No, I didn't ask about the relevance of the subject article.  Another poster poo-poo'd somebody else's post with another comparison as being irrelevant...I merely pointed out that this thread is irrelevant also (if that other one was.)   Another poster pointed that out as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

Theoretically yes, but they do this type of thing after every election as a way of gauging whether the election would be different if held today.  And it is a possibility that Trump and Clinton could meet in a rematch.   Barrack Obama vs. Donald Trump can never happen.  

Its a dumb Poll question.

Presidential elections are about binary choices. It’s very unlikely that anyone who decided they’d rather have Trump as President than Hillary would change their mind. 

The result doesn’t mean Trump is a good President or that he will win re-election

 

Edited by soulflower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soulflower said:

Obama would’ve beaten Trump

Obama could not run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Norman said:

No, I didn't ask about the relevance of the subject article.  Another poster poo-poo'd somebody else's post with another comparison as being irrelevant...I merely pointed out that this thread is irrelevant also (if that other one was.)   Another poster pointed that out as well.

I see. You want to argue semantics of whether or not you wondered about the relevance of the article.

That BIG ELEPHANT in the room is the GOP and it will continue to eat your lunch. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scaggsville said:

I see. You want to argue semantics of whether or not you wondered about the relevance of the article.

That BIG ELEPHANT in the room is the GOP and it will continue to eat your lunch. :)

Lame.  I'm sorry you don't want to (or can't) understand the point I was making to another poster.  Maybe you should go back and and re-read my post and the one I quoted.  I thought you were better than this.  My bad.  Won't happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Norman said:

Lame.  I'm sorry you don't want to (or can't) understand the point I was making to another poster.  Maybe you should go back and and re-read my post and the one I quoted.  I thought you were better than this.  My bad.  Won't happen again.

No need to apologize, sir. It's all good...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scaggsville said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/06/12-months-later-trump-would-probably-still-win-the-2016-election/?ICID=ref_fark&tid=sm_tw&utm_content=link&utm_medium=website&utm_source=fark&utm_term=.7733c802409f

 

It has been almost exactly one year since President Trump shocked the world by defeating Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election. And he might well do it again today.

Confronted with the events of the past 12 months and even Trump's unprecedented unpopularity — 59 percent disapprove of his presidency — a new poll shows that 2016 voters look as though they'd still pick Trump, albeit about as narrowly as they did before.

The Only way he would win against Clinton is if Bernie supporters voted for Harambe or stayed home. I believe they have learned their lesson and trump would lose.

 

Edited by EgyptKang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Norman said:

Lame.  I'm sorry you don't want to (or can't) understand the point I was making to another poster.  Maybe you should go back and and re-read my post and the one I quoted.  I thought you were better than this.  My bad.  Won't happen again.

I see your point. But don't you think the larger point is/should be: How can the Democratic Party move forward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0