Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eastsider

More teen accusations of misconduct

40 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Eastsider said:

A group of teens is accused of pushing a runner into the Inner Harbor Monday night.

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/first-on-fox45-runner-pushed-into-inner-harbor-by-group-of-teens

Someone died when that happened a few years ago. The guy didn't know how to swim. Thankfully, this person was OK.

Something needs to be done about these little twerps. We're at code red. Obviously intramural sports aren't keeping them off the streets.

I've always hated that there's no barrier there. When my kids were little it scared me, I held their hands so tight!

This story is very scary. 

7 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I've always hated that there's no barrier there. When my kids were little it scared me, I held their hands so tight!

This story is very scary. 

Seems the problem isn't really the lack of barriers.

13 minutes ago, pepper said:

Seems the problem isn't really the lack of barriers.

Well, I've also thought how easily someone could shove you off the edge. You can ask my husband...I never walk near the edge.  

6 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Well, I've also thought how easily someone could shove you off the edge. You can ask my husband...I never walk near the edge.  

I don't disagree with you, but I stand by my point. The problem isn't a lack of barriers. 

I'm not a world traveler, but I've been to Newport RI, Annapolis, Boston harbor...barriers to keep people from being shoved into the water by groups of  kids isn't an issue. 

Baltimore is different. 

The incident wasn't at Harbor Place. 

I see no need for barriers where the incident actually happened but have often thought that Harbor Place should install them.

Regardless, these kids need to cut the crap. :mad:

2 hours ago, yeah said:

barriers definitely need to be installed.

No they dont.

3 hours ago, yeah said:

Agree... it's called birth control.

I saw on the news where the 10 juveniles arrested for Halloween attacks had 63 prior arrests amongst them?!? WTH?? Time to get tough on these repeat offenders. I don't care if they're supposed kids or not.  They're a menace. 

33 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

I saw on the news where the 10 juveniles arrested for Halloween attacks had 63 prior arrests amongst them?!? WTH?? Time to get tough on these repeat offenders. I don't care if they're supposed kids or not.  They're a menace. 

I never understood how on Tuesday, these kids are "minors" and on Wednesday, when they turn 18, they can be considered "adults". These kids are a Menace II Society. Lock them up! Keep them locked up! 63 arrests? Are you kidding me? And you're surprised they're out and raising hell on the streets?

delete

Edited by Guido2

43 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

I never understood how on Tuesday, these kids are "minors" and on Wednesday, when they turn 18, they can be considered "adults". These kids are a Menace II Society. Lock them up! Keep them locked up! 63 arrests? Are you kidding me? And you're surprised they're out and raising hell on the streets?

Well the rule of thumb is....you are a minor if you do something wrong.....but you are an adult when you get an adult privilege like driving....but revert back to minor when you have an accident and kill someone. 

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Are  you worried that your husband getting pushy? KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

1 hour ago, Marshan Man said:

They can't do that with felone shooters and drug retailers......you expect them to do it with kids.....in BC no less.

Get a grip.

If this lawlessness continues, a Bernard Goetze situation will happen. Here are some of his post incident quotes:

I would, without any hesitation, shoot a violent criminal again.

You can't let yourself be pushed around. You can't live in fear. That's no way to live your life.

This happened on the promenade behind the homes and condos on Boston Street.  That's a pretty nice area, or at least was a pretty nice area.

18 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

This happened on the promenade behind the homes and condos on Boston Street.  That's a pretty nice area, or at least was a pretty nice area.

I didn't realize that. Yeah thats worrisome.

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Still is with the exception it's not gated and secured to keep the zombies out.

That's a pretty big exception and would keep me out.

12 hours ago, yeah said:

To keep the predators from pushing people in, or due to the large number of people or their kids falling in accidentally? 

The harbor started being developed as a tourism spot around the mid 60's. I was there for the tall ships in 76, ate on the Nobska, and had school trips on the Port Welcome. I don't remember falling in the water as being an issue, and certainly never heard of teens pushing innocents in the water.

The lack of barriers isn't a problem, IMO, and never has been. 

9 minutes ago, pepper said:

To keep the predators from pushing people in, or due to the large number of people or their kids falling in accidentally? 

The harbor started being developed as a tourism spot around the mid 60's. I was there for the tall ships in 76, ate on the Nobska, and had school trips on the Port Welcome. I don't remember falling in the water as being an issue, and certainly never heard of teens pushing innocents in the water.

The lack of barriers isn't a problem, IMO, and never has been. 

I was there for all those things too. I  understand why there are no barriers...aesthetics and so boaters can disembark and climb up the ladders, which I've easily done a few times. 

But once you have kids you tend to see the danger you never saw before. 

I don't know if they still do it, but they used to rent Segways at the Science Center. I always thought that one day, someone that didn't know what they were doing was going to right off the edge. ;)

6 hours ago, mop said:

If this lawlessness continues, a Bernard Goetze situation will happen. Here are some of his post incident quotes:

I would, without any hesitation, shoot a violent criminal again.

You can't let yourself be pushed around. You can't live in fear. That's no way to live your life.

Charles Bronson took out some heavy duty scum in the "Death Wish" series of movies. The scum situation in Baltimore is looking more like those movie scum every day. :(

So where is the Bronson character when we need him...