Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soulflower

Democrats winning bigly in VA and other places

190 posts in this topic

Healthcare was a top issue for voters last night. 

Another signal that Republicans own healthcare now

Obamacare enrollment for 2018 reaches all time high

According to the latest reports, a record number of people in the U.S. have signed up for Obamacare or the Affordable Care Act (ACA) after it was announced that enrollments for the 2018 healthcare plan were open.

The sudden spike in traffic to the site where one can register for Obamacare was noticed after Nov. 1, the day former President Barack Obama posted the following tweet on social media:

"Starting today you can sign up for 2018 healthcare coverage . . ."

According to the New York Daily News, close to 1 million visitors browsed the site on Nov.1, compared to 750,000 who visited the site on Nov. 1, 2016.

Not only that, more than 200,000 have already enrolled for the plan, which is double the number of people who signed up for it a year ago.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/obamacare-enrollment-for-2018-reaches-all-time-high/

13 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Northam outperformed Hillary with White Women in VA

Only white women have college degrees in Virginia?   

2 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Only white women have college degrees in Virginia?   

Sorry for not qualifying

Overall though, it appears that Northam performed better than both Obama and Hillary in the VA suburbs. Good sign

1 minute ago, soulflower said:

Sorry for not qualifying

Overall though, it appears that Northam performed better than both Obama and Hillary in the VA suburbs. Good sign

My error, soulflower - -    I didn't notice that both tweets were about white turnout

I think the even bigger story  - - -  and Northam is a big story - - is the Democrats overcoming the 24 seat deficit in the legislature

Ouch!

Politician who joked about women's march defeated
The Associated Press

NOVEMBER 08, 2017 6:55 AM

MAYS LANDING, N.J. 
A New Jersey politician who shared a meme on Facebook during January's Women's March in Washington asking whether the protest would be "over in time for them to cook dinner" is eating his words.

A woman who was angered by Republican John Carman's remarks on Tuesday defeated his bid for a second term as an Atlantic County freeholder.

Democrat Ashley Bennett is a first-time candidate. The 32-year-old Egg Harbor Township resident works as a psychiatric emergency screener in the crisis department at Cape Regional Hospital.

Carman said the meme was "a bad choice" but said the women in his life were "strong and confident" enough to not be offended by his joke. He apologized a few days later.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article183398866.html

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

My error, soulflower - -    I didn't notice that both tweets were about white turnout

I think the even bigger story  - - -  and Northam is a big story - - is the Democrats overcoming the 24 seat deficit in the legislature

The story for me is the diversity.  Latinos, Blacks, Trans, Sikh, many women....many elected in places it's just never happened before.

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

The story for me is the diversity.  Latinos, Blacks, Trans, Sikh, many women....many elected in places it's just never happened before.

Amen! America’s still breathing. Now we gotta take it a step further and get her outta ICU. 

9 minutes ago, Norman said:

Trumpists won't accept this lying down.

Congratulations to Wilmot Collins.  What's up with a Confederate statue in Montana?

2 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Congratulations to Wilmot Collins.  What's up with a Confederate statue in Montana?

A black mayor in Montana?! :o Wow...

13 hours ago, soulflower said:

Also, the Democrat, Phil Murphy won Chris Christie’s seat in NJ. 

I guess the GOP will have to come up with some better ideas than fearmongering over Immigrants 

Also, VA elected a Transgender person to their House of Delegates

I fully expect the political pendulum to continue swinging back toward the Democrats given the absolutely awful performance of Trump, who is driving people away from him and the GOP in droves. 

10 minutes ago, Papi said:

I fully expect the political pendulum to continue swinging back toward the Democrats given the absolutely awful performance of Trump, who is driving people away from him and the GOP in droves. 

Hard to argue with that......

R's will run even further from trump in mid terms .....

27 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

The United Daughters of the Confederacy was prolific in the spread of Confederate monuments, even in weird places like Helena. They are key in the Lost Cause mythology that still grips the United States.

Congrats GOP, you've found something else you're good at.   Convincing people that you shouldn't be in charge in one years time.   Hell, you've even convinced some in your own party that you shouldn't be in charge.  Good riddance.  

With Northam winning the Republicans can't gerrymander Virigina districts in 2020 like they will want to, which is what they needed to offset the demographics that are starting to work against them.

It began just before 9 p.m. Almost immediately after host Tucker Carlson reported that the gubernatorial race in Virginia appeared close between Democratic candidate Ralph Northam and Republican candidate Ed Gillespie, Carlson’s enthusiastic tone turned somber when he was forced to report that Fox News was projecting Northam would win the race.

At 9 p.m., Carlson handed over Fox News’ coverage to colleague Sean Hannity, who said just 14 words about the election before moving on to other topics.

“Those results in Virginia, New Jersey, and New York — not states Donald Trump won,” Hannity said.

Hannity, who earlier Tuesday evening said he planed to cover the election results on his show, spent a total of six seconds on the subject during his hour-long program.

After that, Fox News would go more than 100 minutes before even mentioning the night’s elections again. Hannity spent a bulk of his show previewing and then airing Trump’s speech in South Korea, at one point defending the president’s use of the term “Rocket Man” to describe North Korea’s Kim Jong-un as an example of “strength.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/nj-virginia-governor-election-fox-news-hannity-20171108.html

So after this, if Moore somehow loses in Alabama next month, some panic will probably start to set it. And right before the 2018 primary ramp ups where Trumpish and other extremist candidates probably have a good shot at blowing up Republican incumbents. 

8 minutes ago, bmorepunk said:

So after this, if Moore somehow loses in Alabama next month, some panic will probably start to set it. And right before the 2018 primary ramp ups where Trumpish and other extremist candidates probably have a good shot at blowing up Republican incumbents. 

This also gives Congressional GOP members less reason to roll over for Trump's horrible tax bill.