Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naive

“Angry, White And American,”

65 posts in this topic

A documentary airing Thursday night on the British network Channel 4.

Gary Younge meets Richard Spencer, the self-styled leader of America's alt-right, and travels across the States to find out why Donald Trump resonates with so many people.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/richard-spencer-tries-explain-black-223910120.html

Proud to be an American. A nation of deplorables full of hate.

Glad Mr. Younge put **** Spencer in his place of stupidity.

Younge: “So slavery was good for them?”

Spencer: “Look, they benefited from being in a different nation than their own. No doubt. How can you deny that.”

Younge: “It’s such a ridiculous notion that people forcibly removed from their homes and taken to this country to work for nothing for a couple of centuries ― and that benefited them?”

“Why am I winning?” Younge said. “I’m living in the place of my birth. Just like you.”

Spencer smirked. “But that’s not really your home.”

Younge replied, “You don’t get to tell me where my home is.”

Spencer pushed more. “But you know it’s not your real home. ... Your ancestors didn’t build it.”

“Sorry! Listen, my ancestors built it tenfold ― and weren’t paid for it!” Younge said.

Spencer then argued that Younge’s argument was “like saying African-Americans built the United States.”

“They did!” Younge snapped back. “They literally built the White House.”

“Because we made them,” Spencer retorted.

Younge asked Spencer, “And you’re proud of that?”

Spencer conceded that slavery had bad consequences, “but, the fact is, yes, I am ultimately proud of it. I’m proud of slavery.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is a typical bs.com poster? I'll take "What else is new?" for 500 Alex. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always good to see America in a positive light.

We love our country that is full of bigotry, vile ignorance and hatred towards each other. Hopefully this documentary will have tourists clamoring to see the worlds largest insane asylum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, retired said:

Nobody said idiocy was exclusive to liberals.

How do you know Spencer's not liberal?

Edited by ncbirdfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

How do you know Spencer's not liberal?

Touche my friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, freed and enslaved African Americans built the White House.  And so did European immigrants.

We are an awful country filled to the brim will awful people.

Happy now?

So sick of this stuff.

 

Edited by Sprightly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Yes, freed and enslaved African Americans built the White House.  And so did European immigrants.

We are an awful country filled to the brim will awful people.

Happy now?

So sick of this stuff.

 

Sick of what stuff? Journalism? Sick of people proudly proclaiming how we made black people do things? Sick of being an embarrassment to the rest of the world's civilized nations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, naive said:

Sick of what stuff? Journalism? Sick of people proudly proclaiming how we made black people do things? Sick of being an embarrassment to the rest of the world's civilized nations?

I thought it was more of a sick of being forced to comment on threads I'm not interested in thing...but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, retired said:

Nobody said idiocy was exclusive to liberals.

Actually I can name three or 4 people who post here off the top of my head who express that sentiment every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sprightly said:

Yes, freed and enslaved African Americans built the White House.  And so did European immigrants.

We are an awful country filled to the brim will awful people.

Happy now?

So sick of this stuff.

 

How do you think we feel? 

You somehow feel that by you admitting it ...ends it.

Put it this way....if someone punched you in the face...... would it end there?

Would that person saying sorry suffice?

Would that person saying sorry but continue to hit you in other places be ok? He is sorry for hitting you in the face though.

Edited by EgyptKang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

How do you think we feel? 

You somehow feel that by you admitting it ...ends it.

Put it this way....if someone punched you in the face...... would it end there?

Would that person saying sorry suffice?

Would that person saying sorry but continue to hit you in other places be ok? He is sorry for hitting you in the face though.

This will sound stupid, but that's OK because it's well within character for me.

What would it take for you to call it even?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the only saving grace here is that the UK has its own strain of this malignancy--white nationalism, neo Nazis.

I hope this documentary is aired here.  The best antidote to this filth is sunshine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, naive said:

A documentary airing Thursday night on the British network Channel 4.

Gary Younge meets Richard Spencer, the self-styled leader of America's alt-right, and travels across the States to find out why Donald Trump resonates with so many people.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/richard-spencer-tries-explain-black-223910120.html

Proud to be an American. A nation of deplorables full of hate.

Glad Mr. Younge put **** Spencer in his place of stupidity.

Younge: “So slavery was good for them?”

Spencer: “Look, they benefited from being in a different nation than their own. No doubt. How can you deny that.”

Younge: “It’s such a ridiculous notion that people forcibly removed from their homes and taken to this country to work for nothing for a couple of centuries ― and that benefited them?”

“Why am I winning?” Younge said. “I’m living in the place of my birth. Just like you.”

Spencer smirked. “But that’s not really your home.”

Younge replied, “You don’t get to tell me where my home is.”

Spencer pushed more. “But you know it’s not your real home. ... Your ancestors didn’t build it.”

“Sorry! Listen, my ancestors built it tenfold ― and weren’t paid for it!” Younge said.

Spencer then argued that Younge’s argument was “like saying African-Americans built the United States.”

“They did!” Younge snapped back. “They literally built the White House.”

“Because we made them,” Spencer retorted.

Younge asked Spencer, “And you’re proud of that?”

Spencer conceded that slavery had bad consequences, “but, the fact is, yes, I am ultimately proud of it. I’m proud of slavery.”

Well, plenty of people, even today, view the war that ended it as a tragedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Well, plenty of people, even today, view the war that ended it as a tragedy.

Why wouldn't they. 620,000 Americans died in that war. Almost as many as all other wars combined.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EgyptKang said:

How do you think we feel? 

You somehow feel that by you admitting it ...ends it.

Put it this way....if someone punched you in the face...... would it end there?

Would that person saying sorry suffice?

Would that person saying sorry but continue to hit you in other places be ok? He is sorry for hitting you in the face though.

I never once owned a slave. 

And yet some people here have claimed over the last few weeks that, "Oh! We don't harp about slavery! We don't blame slavery!" "We blame racists, racist policies, attitudes, etc. but no, not slavery!"

Bull.

Edited by Sprightly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, naive said:

Sick of what stuff? Journalism? Sick of people proudly proclaiming how we made black people do things? Sick of being an embarrassment to the rest of the world's civilized nations?

We have been; and always will be; an embarrassment to the world's civilized nations.

Feel better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

I never once owned a slave. 

And yet some people here have claimed over the last few weeks that, "Oh! We don't harp about slavery! We don't blame slavery!" "We blame racists, racist policies, attitudes, etc. but no, not slavery!"

Bull.

Egypt is "we" now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Why wouldn't they. 620,000 Americans died in that war. Almost as many as all other wars combined.

 

4 million men, women and children were freed.

It's startling that it took so much to do it, but who can deny that its was a glorious outcome?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

We have been; and always will be; an embarrassment to the world's civilized nations.

Feel better?

I think it's much worse right now tho...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hst2 said:

4 million men, women and children were freed.

It's startling that it took so much to do it, but who can deny that its was a glorious outcome?

Yea, it was all rainbows and lollipops for them after that.:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

I think it's much worse right now tho...

Much worse than ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Much worse than ever.

 

57 minutes ago, hst2 said:

4 million men, women and children were freed.

It's startling that it took so much to do it, but who can deny that its was a glorious outcome?

I don't think anyone questions that. The problem is white nationalism is rearing its ugly head again. Trump certainly gives it oxygen, but it's always there. It wanes when the economy is growing but any economic stress, and boom, it's back.

And these people are dangerous. I don't give two ****s about slavery. I'm real concerned about the here and now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Yea, it was all rainbows and lollipops for them after that.:rolleyes:

Really, the nation was eager to push that glory under the rug in the name of white supremacy.

That is the real tragedy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0