Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AugusteDupin

Life Saved!!!

77 posts in this topic

Since the anti-police crowd here doesn't want to talk about this life-saving incident, I'll post it for everyone's reading pleasure. Notice how BLM, the NAACP, et al remain silent on this? 

I think this happens more than you know. The police frequently get calls for suicidal people. This one, caught on body-cam, was basically SSDD. 

1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I think this happens more than you know. The police frequently get calls for suicidal people. This one, caught on body-cam, was basically SSDD. 

Yes quite often, however, my point was / is, the majority of folks typically are critical of police and will go all over social media to illustrate their aversions towards them. Here you have an Officer who very well could have discharged his weapon in defense of a person armed with an edged weapon and instead he took control of the situation. Had he discharged his weapon and mortally wounded the male, Deray Mckesson and his sycophants would have muddied the waters and NFL players would have been on their knees in obsequious unison. Happy for the Officer and also glad that the male will be getting the necessary treatment he needs (hopefully). 

10 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

...Notice how BLM, the NAACP, et al remain silent on this? 

what, exactly, do you want them to say?

8 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

Yes quite often, however, my point was / is, the majority of folks typically are critical of police and will go all over social media to illustrate their aversions towards them. Here you have an Officer who very well could have discharged his weapon in defense of a person armed with an edged weapon and instead he took control of the situation. Had he discharged his weapon and mortally wounded the male, Deray Mckesson and his sycophants would have muddied the waters and NFL players would have been on their knees in obsequious unison. Happy for the Officer and also glad that the male will be getting the necessary treatment he needs (hopefully). 

The officer did a good job.  Are people supposed to ignore police abuses because there are plenty of good officers?  :rolleyes:

Like anything else in Life. Do something Good and few people notice. "Well That's what you're Supposed to do!" Make a Mistake or do something Bad and Everyone jumps down your throat. That's the way it goes.

Edited by Bartman

Props to that cop.

I agree that this probably happens all the time, and it goes unnoticed. Glad this got some press.

Good job! People can be critical of poor police work and praise good police work simultaneously. It's not an either/or thing. I suppose it is for the simple-minded... -_-

This is a great story, the police officer did a good job and saved a life. 

5 hours ago, yeah said:

what, exactly, do you want them to say?

Ahhhh....how about a public statement....Like 'This officer did a great job....this is the way it could and should be done....ane we acknowledge that many police do similiar things day in and day out and don't get the credit they deserve. '

Something like that. But then.....that doesn't get contributions flowing.

4 hours ago, Bartman said:

Like anything else in Life. Do something Good and few people notice. "Well That's what you're Supposed to do!" Make a Mistake or do something Bad and Everyone jumps down your throat. That's the way it goes.

That cop did a great job at great risk. Kudos.

And what you said is absolutely true. And the media generally doesn't help. This positive cop thing will last maybe 1 day. We have been living with poor freddie... how long and similar things...due to media.

And in breaking news: Flacco throws a touchdown pass, an architect designed a building, a teacher reached a child, a doctor saved a cancer patient, a fireman put out a fire. People do the jobs they are supposed to do. It is when they do not that they make the news. If you make what this police officer did extraordinary you diminish the other police officers, by suggesting that they would not have done the same thing under the circumstances. 

The police officers are justly compensated for their work and they are worthy of all the respect any working man would get for a job well done. Let's not make them out to be more than that. 

2 hours ago, sparky1 said:

And in breaking news: Flacco throws a touchdown pass, an architect designed a building, a teacher reached a child, a doctor saved a cancer patient, a fireman put out a fire. People do the jobs they are supposed to do. It is when they do not that they make the news. If you make what this police officer did extraordinary you diminish the other police officers, by suggesting that they would not have done the same thing under the circumstances. 

The police officers are justly compensated for their work and they are worthy of all the respect any working man would get for a job well done. Let's not make them out to be more than that. 

Except the reputation of that teacher, doctor, and fireman are not being held in low regards by a some our population in the same way a police officer is.  Consequently, I think it is nice to illustrate examples where officers are able to apply intuition into not choosing lethal force even when they are legally justified in doing so.

12 minutes ago, microg said:

Except the reputation of that teacher, doctor, and fireman are not being held in low regards by a some our population in the same way a police officer is.  Consequently, I think it is nice to illustrate examples where officers are able to apply intuition into not choosing lethal force even when they are legally justified in doing so.

That's probably because good teachers, doctors and firefighters don't cover for the bad ones.

9 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

That's probably because good teachers, doctors and firefighters don't cover for the bad ones.

"Good" teachers don't.  And neither would a "good" cop; otherwise he/she is no good. :)

2 hours ago, microg said:

"Good" teachers don't.  And neither would a "good" cop; otherwise he/she is no good. :)

Don't even bother.....MM has a bug up his butt about cops ALL cops....... and you will never change that.

To me this post and the response is VERY telling.

A cop does exactly what some  want and expect a cop to do....which based on their previous posts is an exception to how they view cops.

At first I thought it was odd that there have been only 15 responses about this positive thing....but then that would go against the PROFILE that many here have about cops. So with that in mind....it no longer is odd to me just validation..

I would imagine....if the cop rightfully shot the guy.... I would bet my house there would be 15 PAGES dissing the cop.

Yup for sure...'The Eclipse Forum' has arrived.

Edited by Guido2

11 hours ago, ivanbalt said:

The officer did a good job.  Are people supposed to ignore police abuses because there are plenty of good officers?  :rolleyes:

Not at all, just pointing out the contrary.

19 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Don't even bother.....MM has a bug up his butt about cops ALL cops....... and you will never change that.

Please don’t dont speak for me. THanks. Some of my relatives and best friends are cops. 

2 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

If you truly believe that then you're much more credulous than I give you credit for. 

9 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Please don’t dont speak for me. THanks. Some of my relatives and best friends are cops. 

Wasn't speaking for you....I was relating observations. You are what you post after all. ;)

Hmmmm.....well that sure does sound like whan white people say some of my best friends are black. And you blow up about it.

Oh ohhhh I forgot....that is different. :rolleyes:

Your door only swings one way.....doesn't it.

How does it feel to be trapped with your own words.

Edited by Guido2

9 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

Good job! People can be critical of poor police work and praise good police work simultaneously. It's not an either/or thing. I suppose it is for the simple-minded... -_-

Good post MM. 

10 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

I'm not saying that people cant or shouldn't be critical of poor police work, however, there should be a balance.