Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dshawg1

Looking Ahead to the MLB FA Bonaza Next Year

10 posts in this topic

Wow. Some talent there for teams not named Orioles.

The Orioles will sign Steve Pearce in March, 2019 and tell us about the great off-season they had.

55 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.

Yeah I'm scratching my head on that one too. :confused:

For Orioles fans this list is like taking a poor kid to a toy store. The toys are nice but you know Mom and Dad are not buying any for you. 

As a Braves fan I want Craig Kimbrell back!

1 hour ago, mdrunning said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.

I think he's saying that some FAs might make themselves available on a one-year deal only considering the fact that a number of huge ticket items are hitting the market at the same time. Otherwise they might not have much of a choice as to where they land.

On 11/9/2017 at 6:49 PM, bmore_ken said:

Yeah I'm scratching my head on that one too. :confused:

Good agents will realize that not all these players hitting at once will help the market. They might take a year or 2 year deal to postpone, so to speak, their free agency.

14 hours ago, dshawg1 said:

Good agents will realize that not all these players hitting at once will help the market. They might take a year or 2 year deal to postpone, so to speak, their free agency.

I see what you're saying about a potentially flooded market, but a lot of the guys on that list, however, will be 30 and above by the time they hit free agency. The only way they'll accept pillow deals is if the market for their services simply never develops. 

Edited by mdrunning

39 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

I see what you're saying about a potentially flooded market, but a lot of the guys on that list, however, will be 30 and above by the time they hit free agency. The only way they'll accept pillow deals is if the market for their services simply never develops. 

Agreed