Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ms maggie

You Might Be an Idiot (if you think Trump's tax plan helps you!)

16 posts in this topic

It does help me but I still think it is wrong-headed. I think we should pay down some debt so my grandchildren can have a chance at a decent life. Borrowing against our future is immoral. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, if you're rich and want a tax cut, you got real problems. The wealthy can easily handle a tax hike. Their greed is unparalleled and utterly immoral. Its bad for the country in a number of ways. But they've got the power to do it, if they want. If their representatives can figure it out. Politically, it doesn't seem very smart, but if Trump can goose for a while the general economy with his protectionist policies, maybe they'll get away with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rael said:

It does help me but I still think it is wrong-headed. I think we should pay down some debt so my grandchildren can have a chance at a decent life. Borrowing against our future is immoral. 

That’s where I am. We cannot afford any more tax cuts. I think tax hikes are inevitable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 You might be an idiot if..........your entire political philosophy is giving more money and power to politicians that every liberal at some time admit "all politicians lie to us". 

Here's a tip. Give a politician, d or r, a dollar and they'll spend 5 and say "Look what I did for you.".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rael said:

It does help me but I still think it is wrong-headed. I think we should pay down some debt so my grandchildren can have a chance at a decent life. Borrowing against our future is immoral. 

But companies like Apple can't compete without tax cuts.  They only have $268 billion in cash and it's hard to compete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The three richest men in the USA...Jeff Bezos ($95B), BIll Gates ($90B)and Warren Buffett ($79B)...have more wealth than more than half (56%) the USA combined!

These three have more money ($264 billion) than 178 million people combined.

All 3 are white liberals, all espousing leftistism and progressive activism and the problem with income inequality in America.

How about each of them contribute half their total net worth ($132,000,000,000) to the United States Treasury.  Bezos will still have $47 thousand million dollars, Gates will still have $45 thousand million dollars, and Buffett would still have $39 thousand million dollars, and all would remain in the upper 0.001% category of richest American.

Forget tax cuts!

Think what could be done by spreading around one hundred and thirty two thousand million dollars to the lower 56%!

Alas, progressive leftists like those three would never do anything like that, no liberal would.  Because they never want to spend their own money in their ridiculous SJW pursuits, only someone else's money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Glengarry said:

The three richest men in the USA...Jeff Bezos ($95B), BIll Gates ($90B)and Warren Buffett ($79B)...have more wealth than more than half (56%) the USA combined!

These three have more money ($264 billion) than 178 million people combined.

All 3 are white liberals, all espousing leftistism and progressive activism and the problem with income inequality in America.

How about each of them contribute half their total net worth ($132,000,000,000) to the United States Treasury.  Bezos will still have $47 thousand million dollars, Gates will still have $45 thousand million dollars, and Buffett would still have $39 thousand million dollars, and all would remain in the upper 0.001% category of richest American.

Forget tax cuts!

Think what could be done by spreading around one hundred and thirty two thousand million dollars to the lower 56%!

Alas, progressive leftists like those three would never do anything like that, no liberal would.  Because they never want to spend their own money in their ridiculous SJW pursuits, only someone else's money.

So are you against the tax cuts or for?  Or do you just like blabbering on about rich "liberals"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glengarry said:

The three richest men in the USA...Jeff Bezos ($95B), BIll Gates ($90B)and Warren Buffett ($79B)...have more wealth than more than half (56%) the USA combined!

These three have more money ($264 billion) than 178 million people combined.

All 3 are white liberals, all espousing leftistism and progressive activism and the problem with income inequality in America.

How about each of them contribute half their total net worth ($132,000,000,000) to the United States Treasury.  Bezos will still have $47 thousand million dollars, Gates will still have $45 thousand million dollars, and Buffett would still have $39 thousand million dollars, and all would remain in the upper 0.001% category of richest American.

Forget tax cuts!

Think what could be done by spreading around one hundred and thirty two thousand million dollars to the lower 56%!

Alas, progressive leftists like those three would never do anything like that, no liberal would.  Because they never want to spend their own money in their ridiculous SJW pursuits, only someone else's money.

The smart kids call them "billions" not "thousand millions".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite part of this:  your company moves its ops offshore, you lose your  job.  You have to re-locate to find another job.  Your moving expenses are not deductible (as they are now).  The company that fired you, and moved offshore?  Their moving expenses are all deductible.

Cuz Trump is draining the swamp and fighting for his working class voters.  

Jesus people are beyond stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

My favorite part of this:  your company moves its ops offshore, you lose your  job.  You have to re-locate to find another job.  Your moving expenses are not deductible (as they are now).  The company that fired you, and moved offshore?  Their moving expenses are all deductible.

Cuz Trump is draining the swamp and fighting for his working class voters.  

Jesus people are beyond stupid. 

We saw how stupid last November. I still don’t know how he got elected even with Russia’s help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need spending cuts, and taxes need to stay where they are, or possibly even increase. We *must* get the debt under control before it buries us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, acknowledged on Friday that the Republican tax plan might result in a tax hike for some working Americans, saying he “misspoke” days earlier when he said that “nobody in the middle class is going to get a tax increase” under the Senate bill.

source

For all the fuss over this it seems more like re-arranging the deck chairs than doing something meaningful like simplifying the tax code.  But if they did that then how would they hand out favors to their K Street boys?   So window dressing it is.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If McConnell was at all honest, he would admit this is trickle up economics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

We need spending cuts, and taxes need to stay where they are, or possibly even increase. We *must* get the debt under control before it buries us.

Agreed, been saying that we need spending cuts for years.  I would prefer to see taxes stay where they are.   But every time cuts are brought up, they are considered draconian. Every cut to any program affects somebody and is usually met with complaints.  Since votes and fund raising are tied to these complaints, politicians are reluctant to follow through with necessary cuts.  A nice place to start would be a 50% cut in pay for the president, all senators, representatives, and cabinet members.  We all know that will never happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0