Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ms maggie

Roy Moore accused of sexual misconduct with 14 year old

544 posts in this topic

IMO Moore was unfit as a judge, not just for this office.  He's gotta go.  He's either guilty or mentally unfit if he doesn't remember if he kissed or dated teen girls when he was in his 30s and claims he had their mothers' permission if he did.

At the risk of being raked over the coals for this, I will say that some of his terminologies are rather "old and southern."  The use of the word "girls" is not always a reference to little girls, and, in the south, at least way back when, men did ask fathers/mothers permission to date daughter.

He just needs to take a rocker and live out his days.

Edited by Sprightly

Good sign. Hopefully Alabama doesn’t let Roy Moore become their next Senator and embarrass them anymore than he already has

1 hour ago, Glengarry said:

It seems the standard of proof is quite different depending on the political beliefs of the accused.

Paula Jones, Juanita Broderick, Katherine Wiley, Gennifer Flowers, etc are lying golddiggers without an ounce of credibility (even referred to as "tramps" by left wing daytime talk show host Joy Behar) while the statement of anyone who accuses Roy Moore (or any Republican for that matter) is beyond reproach.

Not that I agree with that but you just rattled off a list of adults. Roy Moore was molesting children!

FWIW, I hope Democratic Senator Bob Menendez steps aside too

His alleged crimes haven’t gotten much attention in the Press. 

33 minutes ago, soulflower said:

There was something in the news where one of the jurors blabbed about the case when she wasn’t supposed to and that could lead to a mistrial. That might actually be a good thing because that may allow Murphy to appoint a replacement if he’s ultimately convicted, instead of Christie. 

Edited by Heisenberg

6 hours ago, soulflower said:

Being that he did the same thing as McDonell he will probably win on appeal if convicted at all.

6 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

There was something in the news where one of the jurors blabbed about the case when she wasn’t supposed to and that could lead to a mistrial. That might actually be a good thing because that may allow Murphy to appoint a replacement if he’s ultimately convicted, instead of Christie. 

They had to dismiss one because she had a cruise and the judge promised if it went that long they would recess or she would be dismissed so they had to start deliberation over!

Moore says he’s gonna sue the Post. Straight from Donny’s playbook!

16 hours ago, jtowne-swim said:

Being that he did the same thing as McDonell he will probably win on appeal if convicted at all.

There’s some stuff involving Menendez and underage prostitutes too. 

It has been a underplayed part of the case. 

It may end up a mistrial.

I don’t have a problem with him waiting til January but it’s really past time Menendez resigns

Edited by soulflower

36 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

Why NY ..???

Couldn't do it from Alabama. All this will do is make the voters still support Moore.

They're (Alabama conservatives) are going to support Moore regardless. They view having a pedophile in office as preferable to a Democrat.

43 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

They're (Alabama conservatives) are going to support Moore regardless. They view having a pedophile in office as preferable to a Democrat.

"At first, I really wasn't sure how I felt about the situation," said Dottie Finch, "but then I look at it this way: I don't have the best past, and to have it be brought up after years of speculation and never anything being said about it, I don't know just because he's trying to prove himself that now people want to come out of the closet and accuse him of things.

"And if it has happened, I believe the good Lord has forgiven him and he has the right to continue to prove himself."

She said that she stands by him "100%" and that she will continue to support him even if the allegations are true.

"I think that would just be between him and his good Lord," she said. "Even if they prove to be true, I still would support Roy Moore because I feel as if that happened in the past."

She added, "I would power forward and keep on supporting him, just like I have with Donald Trump as our president."

:rolleyes:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/10/politics/roy-moore-alabama-reactions/index.html

I could be proved wrong, but a guy who had to be thrown off the court twice is not going to bow out.

Having the GOP establishment attack him only strengthens his support with the base. Still hard for me to see bright red Alabama electing a Democratic Senator, even if the opponent is an accused pedophile.

1 minute ago, michiganjoe said:

Having the GOP establishment attack him only strengthens his support with the base. Still hard for me to see bright red Alabama electing a Democratic Senator, even if the opponent is an accused pedophile.

And clearly the key word in your post is accused. Since the statute of limitation has long since passed in this case, there is no way for there to be evidence or testimony in a court of law that would either convict or vindicate Moore.

If he were to be elected to the Senate and then the accusations were to be verified by some other means he could be removed, but absent evidence to verify the accusation all we have is the accusation, and nothing to substantiate it. If he really did this with a 14 year old all those years ago I sincerely hope that it can be proven, so that he is removed from any position, elected or otherwise. But if we are going to follow the rule of law in this country an accusation that cannot be proven should not be used to punish anyone, even someone we dislike. 

3 minutes ago, Papi said:

And clearly the key word in your post is accused. Since the statute of limitation has long since passed in this case, there is no way for there to be evidence or testimony in a court of law that would either convict or vindicate Moore.

If he were to be elected to the Senate and then the accusations were to be verified by some other means he could be removed, but absent evidence to verify the accusation all we have is the accusation, and nothing to substantiate it. If he really did this with a 14 year old all those years ago I sincerely hope that it can be proven, so that he is removed from any position, elected or otherwise. But if we are going to follow the rule of law in this country an accusation that cannot be proven should not be used to punish anyone, even someone we dislike. 

Therein lies the problem with any cases like this. It is very hard to prove...beyond a reasonable doubt and many times there is no evidence and the guilty go free for lack of evidence. It doesn't mean they didn't do anything. It just means they got away with it because the victim didn't have a video of it and there were no other witnesses. And of course, even with DNA the perpetrator could claim it was consensual or were somehow led on. This is why women/girls often do not go to authorities. In many ways the victims become the accused.

20 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

Jones could win if:

- Lots of AL Republicans stay home on election day

- The GOP encourages AL voters to write-in ‘Luther Strange’

Moore has a single-digit lead in the polls so it’s close enough that low turnout for Republicans or a Write-In campaign could tip the election to Doug Jones

5 hours ago, soulflower said:

There’s some stuff involving Menendez and underage prostitutes too. 

It has been a underplayed part of the case. 

It may end up a mistrial.

I don’t have a problem with him waiting til January but it’s really past time Menendez resigns

Never read the underage prostitution piece. Do you have a link to that. If so he needs to go.

1 hour ago, Papi said:

I wouldn’t say nothing. We have 6 victims stories which are consistent. His admitted behavior pattern and a co worker who said it was common knowledge he dated high school girls.