Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ms maggie

Roy Moore accused of sexual misconduct with 14 year old

544 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Papi said:

What is common knowledge is that in Alabama it was not unusual for men in the late 20's or ealy 30;s to date teenage girls. It seems to have been the norm at the time. I don't think it's right by today's standards of behavior, but it was not considered unusual 35+ years ago in that state. That does not make every male who dated teenage girls a "pedophile". One has to consider the context of the time and the area. He may well be a terrible person, but if his behavior was not out of the ordinary at that time and place then some of today's outrage needs to be moderated to take that into acccount. And not just for Moore, but for every male who existed in that culture at that time and place. 

We now have a yearbook inscription too. From a girl he denied having met! Seems he can’t get his story straight. So now we have a 15 year old victim too!

9 minutes ago, Papi said:

Too bad your reading comprehension is so poor. In the context of today's standards of behavior there can be no support for men in their 30's dating teenage girls. What is under review are the standards of behavior that were acceptable in Alabama 35+ years ago, and that is the context in which this should be viewed. 

That was not normal in the late 70’s either as his co worker even said!

13 minutes ago, Papi said:

What is common knowledge is that in Alabama it was not unusual for men in the late 20's or ealy 30;s to date teenage girls. It seems to have been the norm at the time. I don't think it's right by today's standards of behavior, but it was not considered unusual 35+ years ago in that state. That does not make every male who dated teenage girls a "pedophile". One has to consider the context of the time and the area. He may well be a terrible person, but if his behavior was not out of the ordinary at that time and place then some of today's outrage needs to be moderated to take that into acccount. And not just for Moore, but for every male who existed in that culture at that time and place. 

14? 

1 minute ago, jtowne-swim said:

You forgot a signed yearbook now too!

a signed yearbook to include the restaurant where she worked....however, the child molester says:

“I can tell you without hesitation this is absolutely false,” Moore said, according to the Anniston Star newspaper. “I never did what she said I did. I don’t even know the woman. I don’t know anything about her. I don’t even know where the restaurant is or was.”

by now most people with any ability to think understand that Moore is a child molester and sexual predator...

11 minutes ago, Papi said:

Too bad your reading comprehension is so poor. In the context of today's standards of behavior there can be no support for men in their 30's dating teenage girls. What is under review are the standards of behavior that were acceptable in Alabama 35+ years ago, and that is the context in which this should be viewed. 

my reading comprehension is fine....you are the one that has chosen to ignore the truth....want to comment on his sudden amnesia regarding the restaurant where he picked out one of his victims, despite having signed her yearbook to include the restaurants name....getting closer to where you might accept the proof exists

3 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

We now have a yearbook inscription too. From a girl he denied having met! Seems he can’t get his story straight. So now we have a 15 year old victim too!

Signing a teenager's yearbook is pedophilia? Tell me, do you remember the name of every person you met 35 years ago? I sure don't. 

10 minutes ago, songfourone said:

I guess threatening young women was also the rage....

:rolleyes:

“He told me, he said, ‘You’re just a child,’ and he said, ‘I am the district attorney of Etowah County and if you tell anyone about this no one will ever believe you.’”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/roy-moore-beverly-nelson-sexual-assault-allegation/545768/

Sure seems like he even thinks it was wrong as he is hiding it!

1 minute ago, Papi said:

Signing a teenager's yearbook is pedophilia? Tell me, do you remember the name of every person you met 35 years ago? I sure don't. 

No, but it's pretty damn creepy.

I hate how you try to present yourself as a rational, moderate poster but are anything but. 

Edited by Heisenberg

2 minutes ago, Papi said:

He claims they never met. She has a signed yearbook and a tale, consistent with the others. She is believable. He isn’t!

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I hate how you try to present yourself as a rational, moderate poster but are anything but. 

That was just a phase the poster was going through. Now your seeing the real thing. 

45 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Article in the New Yorker about how Moore was banned from his local mall for hassling teenage girls.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/locals-were-troubled-by-roy-moores-interactions-with-teen-girls-at-the-gadsden-mall

wow, a stalker as well......I'm sure at least one person will dismiss this as "normal for the times"......

Just now, can you hear me now! said:

my reading comprehension is fine....you are the one that has chosen to ignore the truth....want to comment on his sudden amnesia regarding the restaurant where he picked out one of his victims, despite having signed her yearbook to include the restaurants name....getting closer to where you might accept the proof exists

I am all for proof. I am not for grasping at straws and calling it proof. So far what we seem to have is he said / she said right before an senatorial election, with the "she saids" coming from ladies who have been silent through the rest of this guy's public life (which had any number of opportunities  for him to be derailed). Seems to me that something more substantial is needed to nail him. I hope it exists, as I would never vote for him (not because of these accusations), but  the timing of these stories ought to raise questions in the mind of anyone who is objective.  

6 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

My objectivity is not tainted by politics. Too bad you can't see that.

I am all for proof. I am not for grasping at straws and calling it proof. So far what we seem to have is he said / she said right before an senatorial election, with the "she saids" coming from ladies who have been silent through the rest of this guy's public life (which had any number of opportunities  for him to be derailed). Seems to me that something more substantial is needed to nail him. I hope it exists, as I would never vote for him (not because of these accusations), but  the timing of these stories ought to raise questions in the mind of anyone who is objective.  

We have more than she said. We have They said and written notes in Roy Moore’s handwriting!

4 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

That was just a phase the poster was going through. Now your seeing the real thing. 

You too can kiss my grits. I just adore how folks are so willing to condemn people based on accusations simply because of their politics. SMH

2 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

We have more than she said. We have They said and written notes in Roy Moore’s handwriting!

Link to that ?  Are you talking about something other than a high school yearbook note? That's all I have heard about to date. 

You too can kiss my grits. I just adore how folks are so willing to condemn people based on accusations simply because of their politics. SMH

You do seem to give guys a break when it comes to this kind of thing.  You always say you need concrete proof that the guy did something wrong.   Outside of a video, what would you believe?

5 minutes ago, Papi said:

continuing to call these people liars is grasping at straws.....maybe you ought to do some research about why victims don't speak up...might want to start with your posts as part of the reasons....

there is nothing more need to nail him.....these woman seek nothing and are not asking for anything...they came forward independently at great personal risk....like being called liars or being told that without a trial, they are not to be believed....pat yourself on the back....

5 minutes ago, Papi said:

This latest woman waited at least 50 years to come forward...then sits, hair and makeup done and loaded down with jewelry, and dabs at her eyes with Gloria's arm around her. Oh brother. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Papi said:

Link to that ?  Are you talking about something other than a high school yearbook note? That's all I have heard about to date. 

Yes a HS yearbook inscription. In a girls Yearbook he claimed he never met. In court that kind of denial followed by the inscription renders pretty much anything he says as unbelievable. Mean while we have 5 consistent stories and a co worker who said they thought it was weird he dated HS girls. Saying alledged at this point is pretty much no longer needed. If it wasn’t true he would have had the Post in court already!

2 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

You do seem to give guys a break when it comes to this kind of thing.  You always say you need concrete proof that the guy did something wrong.   Outside of a video, what would you believe?

There could be any number of ways to substantiate an accusation. Coming on camera tearfully realating a 30+ year old story while being comforted (and prompted) by Gloria Alred is not a real convincing way to start, which is what the most recent accuser did today. But if the accusation was against a female for inappropriate  behavior I would want proof as well. If we start "convicting" people based simply on accusations we are on a very slippery slope. 

6 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

continuing to call these people liars is grasping at straws.....maybe you ought to do some research about why victims don't speak up...might want to start with your posts as part of the reasons....

there is nothing more need to nail him.....these woman seek nothing and are not asking for anything...they came forward independently at great personal risk....like being called liars or being told that without a trial, they are not to be believed....pat yourself on the back....

You forgot the vigilante’s who put their picture and address out there!

7 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

This latest woman waited at least 50 years to come forward...then sits, hair and makeup done and loaded down with jewelry, and dabs at her eyes with Gloria's arm around her. Oh brother. :rolleyes:

50? Try 40! Or do you use Roy Moore math when figuring out people’s age too?

There could be any number of ways to substantiate an accusation. Coming on camera tearfully realating a 30+ year old story while being comforted (and prompted) by Gloria Alred is not a real convincing way to start, which is what the most recent accuser did today. But if the accusation was against a female for inappropriate  behavior I would want proof as well. If we start "convicting" people based simply on accusations we are on a very slippery slope. 

We have proof.