Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ms maggie

Roy Moore accused of sexual misconduct with 14 year old

544 posts in this topic

Someone reminded me this morning that back in the early 90s, when he was 39, Seinfeld dated a 17 year old high school senior. Pretty crazy. I don’t think you could get away with that today.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Someone reminded me this morning that back in the early 90s, when he was 39, Seinfeld dated a 17 year old high school senior. Pretty crazy. I don’t think you could get away with that today.

Why not, it would be legal in most places?

15 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

He would be fine in the court of law, but not in the court of public opinion.

54 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

It’s just a *little* icky though, wouldn’t you say?

8 hours ago, stevez51 said:

So a teenage girl gets a high profile person to sign a yearbook. Did anyone ask if any others that worked there got theirs signed .??

I don't know where my yearbook is.

Did you read what the inscription said?

3 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I had not read what her age is until after I posted. She is 56, but looks older. Ok, 40 years if that makes you happy. Still, she waited all these years before saying something. What possible control could he still have over her...none. So what does she gain? Nothing but 15 minutes of fame and a chance to meet Gloria. 

I reiterate, there's no doubt that Roy Moore is a piece of scum. 

Fair enough but before jumping all over someone’s math skills when indeed they are correct. Shouldn’t you read up or at the least admit you hadn’t read?

31 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

Fair enough but before jumping all over someone’s math skills when indeed they are correct. Shouldn’t you read up or at the least admit you hadn’t read?

It's still 40 years. :rolleyes:

Furthermore, why was she getting in the car with him anyway? Dumb dumb dumb. 

Edited by PinkFlamingo

1 hour ago, jtowne-swim said:

Did you read what the inscription said?

Did it say you were great last night. Lets do it again ......

6 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Did it say you were great last night. Lets do it again ......

...cleaning iced coffee off my iphone screen...:lol:

1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

It's still 40 years. :rolleyes:

Furthermore, why was she getting in the car with him anyway? Dumb dumb dumb. 

Why are you blaming the victim and not the pervert?

34 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Why are you blaming the victim and not the pervert?

Because she lacked common sense. She admits that got into a car with a known creep (according to all the reports about him being banned from a mall or whatever.)

That was a complete lack of common sense on her part. 

11 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Because she lacked common sense. She admits that got into a car with a known creep (according to all the reports about him being banned from a mall or whatever.)

That was a complete lack of common sense on her part. 

I agree she should have had more street smarts but perhaps she was misled by a charming and handsome man.

Edited by Gertrude

5 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Dude is a creeper. I'm about his age now that he was then; the idea of doing anything with a 17 year old is screwed up. 27 would be weird enough.

53 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

I agree she should have had more street smarts but perhaps she was misled by a charming and handsome man.

Wth? Yeah...we'll go with that. Is it chilly under that bridge where you live? :rolleyes:

So the word is "everyone" knew about good 'ole Roy and his antics years and years ago when the activity was going on- people like his co-workers, political pals and all--- you know when he was a DEMOCRAT--- guess he was just good 'ole Roy back then, no one ever thought to tell or turn him in, but give him 40 years and the R tag and all of a sudden, he's a reprobate and everyone can't get to a mike fast enough to tell their tale of him. 

Just now, Saticon3 said:

So the word is "everyone" knew about good 'ole Roy and his antics years and years ago when the activity was going on- people like his co-workers, political pals and all--- you know when he was a DEMOCRAT--- guess he was just good 'ole Roy back then, no one ever thought to tell or turn him in, but give him 40 years and the R tag and all of a sudden, he's a reprobate and everyone can't get to a mike fast enough to tell their tale of him. 

Nice deflection, but Roy Moore's 'deep kinche' moment is the result of his own behavior, not his political affiliation.

2 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

given you've already sanctioned his behavior as a child molester I find this attempted deflection downright hilarious and desperate....

I find people questioning the timing particularly laughable. You could ask the same question about Weinstein. Or Spacey. Or anyone else who has been accused the past couple weeks. The 'me too' campaign was, and still is, a reaction to the election of a molester/misogynist to the highest office in the land.

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

I find people questioning the timing particularly laughable. You could ask the same question about Weinstein. Or Spacey. Or anyone else who has been accused the past couple weeks. The 'me too' campaign was, and still is, a reaction to the election of a molester/misogynist to the highest office in the land.

Wrong. 

22 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

Please give me a couple examples of ways to substantiate an accusation.

A corroborating witness? Did she tell her mother about the episode? Did she tell a co-worker or a fellow student? Do those people remember that she told related that scenario at the time? At least that would be a start. 

21 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

That’s a laugh. 

Feel free to laugh - at yourself. 

3 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Wrong. 

? How is that wrong?

and all the headlines today go like " FIFTH woman accuse Moore of sexual misconduct"

No bias there right?

Well, its not accurate, it seems to me prior to the fifth, only ONE accused him of "sexual misconduct", that being the then 14 year old, the rest just accused him of being a creepy old man. 

13 hours ago, stevez51 said:

So a teenage girl gets a high profile person to sign a yearbook. Did anyone ask if any others that worked there got theirs signed .??

I don't know where my yearbook is.

I have my high school yearbook from 1966. There are signatures in there from people that I have zero memory of at this point in my life. I would have to assume that some of them probably don't remember signing my yearbook and would not remember me. Memories of that kind of thing do fade over time. That is simply reality. I would be hard pressed to remember whose yearbooks I signed in June of 1966. 

8 hours ago, ms maggie said:

One last time.

A WaPo reporter was in AL covering the Republican primary.  Started hearing these stories about Moore.  The paper decided to assign a team of 4 to dig deeper.  THEY FOUND THE WOMEN. GOT THAT?

This idea is sheer bull****: 

"So far what we seem to have is he said / she said right before an senatorial election, with the "she saids" coming from ladies who have been silent through the rest of this guy's public life (which had any number of opportunities  for him to be derailed)"

They were silent because prior to this, nobody came to them and pointedly asked them about the indiscretions.

OK? 

How did they find these accusers? Did they say "do you have dirt on Roy Moore"? Seriously, how do you go into a state as large as Alabama and in a short period of time find accusers like this? Can that be done objectively, or does the process of seeking dirt on a person have to be subjective in some manner? That's an honest question.