Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ms maggie

Roy Moore accused of sexual misconduct with 14 year old

544 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

It's still 40 years. :rolleyes:

Furthermore, why was she getting in the car with him anyway? Dumb dumb dumb. 

You said over 40 years! First 50.

2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Because she lacked common sense. She admits that got into a car with a known creep (according to all the reports about him being banned from a mall or whatever.)

That was a complete lack of common sense on her part. 

He wasn’t banned from the mall until 8 years in the future. He offered her a ride home.

1 hour ago, Saticon3 said:

So the word is "everyone" knew about good 'ole Roy and his antics years and years ago when the activity was going on- people like his co-workers, political pals and all--- you know when he was a DEMOCRAT--- guess he was just good 'ole Roy back then, no one ever thought to tell or turn him in, but give him 40 years and the R tag and all of a sudden, he's a reprobate and everyone can't get to a mike fast enough to tell their tale of him. 

He was a Democrat In the 80’s?

38 minutes ago, Papi said:

A corroborating witness? Did she tell her mother about the episode? Did she tell a co-worker or a fellow student? Do those people remember that she told related that scenario at the time? At least that would be a start. 

So if her girlfriend, fellow student or co-worker came forward and said she told her about it, you would believe her.  Right....  You would have some other excuse not to believe either of them and if her mother came forward and said that she told her, you wouldn't believe her either and say why didn't she say something back then.

Edited by mrsmlh

38 minutes ago, Papi said:

A corroborating witness? Did she tell her mother about the episode? Did she tell a co-worker or a fellow student? Do those people remember that she told related that scenario at the time? At least that would be a start. 

We have that for several victims but somehow that is not good enough!

1 minute ago, jtowne-swim said:

He wasn’t banned from the mall until 8 years in the future. He offered her a ride home.

A 16yr old girl should not be accepting a ride in a car from a strange man in his 30s...ever.

33 minutes ago, Papi said:

I have my high school yearbook from 1966. There are signatures in there from people that I have zero memory of at this point in my life. I would have to assume that some of them probably don't remember signing my yearbook and would not remember me. Memories of that kind of thing do fade over time. That is simply reality. I would be hard pressed to remember whose yearbooks I signed in June of 1966. 

It’s not does he remember her. He claims they never met. Clearly they did!

15 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

A 16yr old girl should not be accepting a ride in a car from a strange man in his 30s...ever.

Well who is the one who should be more responsible a 15 year old girl or 32 year old ADA?

Edited by jtowne-swim

1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Wth? Yeah...we'll go with that. Is it chilly under that bridge where you live? :rolleyes:

Stuff like that happens all the time. 

It’s not does he remember her. He claims they never met. Clearly they did!

Of course he doesn't remember her. She was a non-descript teenage girl that didn't go down on him. Why would he remember her? She was a nobody. 

2 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Of course he doesn't remember her. She was a non-descript teenage girl that didn't go down on him. Why would he remember her? She was a nobody. 

Probably because he did this to so many people he can’t remember his victims. All of whom remember him!

11 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

No, probably not, but that's not a green-light to start victim-blaming.

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

No, probably not, but that's not a green-light to start victim-blaming.

Yes it is. She put herself in that position. A position that parents teach their daughters (and sons) never to put themselves in..."don't talk to strangers," "stranger danger" "never get into a stranger's car."  And this is the reason why. 

Ya'll seem really dense tonight. :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

Well who is the one who should be more responsible a 16 year old girl or 32 year old ADA?

You once said you're an educator? Highly doubtful, judging by your posts on here. 

Just now, PinkFlamingo said:

You once said you're an educator? Highly doubtful, judging by your posts on here. 

I am and I also read about a subject before posting. You don’t know her age and now you blame a 15 year old for this. If you read you would know she was 15 at the time not 16!

I am and I also read about a subject before posting. You don’t know her age and now you blame a 15 year old for this. If you read you would know she was 15 at the time not 16!

Oh...my...god :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

You have gotten the facts wrong in the case and you insult the poster who has pointed out the fact that you don't know what you're talking about.  Wow what chutzpa!

38 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

Well who is the one who should be more responsible a 15 year old girl or 32 year old ADA?

18 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

That seemed like a reasonable question to me. I do get why Moore's defenders are going this route. Blaming the victims. They are willing to accept a Republican candidate over the Democrat even though the Republican is living under this cloud. The fact that he'll be expelled by the senate if he is seated is OK with the Republicans because the Governor of Alabama will appoint another Republican. Now they do run the risk of a Democrat beating Mr. Moore. 

Let's face it. Judge Moore is a nut. He was removed from the bench twice because he defied the U.S. Supreme court. Jurists are supposed to follow the rule of law whether they agree with it or not. So it's safe to say, Moore is not fit to hold the office. 

Edited by FatBoy

13 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Yes it is. She put herself in that position. A position that parents teach their daughters (and sons) never to put themselves in..."don't talk to strangers," "stranger danger" "never get into a stranger's car."  And this is the reason why. 

Ya'll seem really dense tonight. :rolleyes:

No, it's not. Making a poor decision does not give the predator permission to rape, grope, or harass the victim.

4 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

You have gotten the facts wrong in the case and you insult the poster who has pointed out the fact that you don't know what you're talking about.  Wow what chutzpa!

On more than one occasion he got them wrong!

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

No, it's not. Making a poor decision does not give the predator permission to rape, grope, or harass the victim.

You're right, it doesn't give the predator permission to do those things. 

But, he did. 

Hence the reason we tell our children not to get into stranger's cars.

On more than one occasion he got them wrong!

I believe he is playing devil's advocate for some reason. Although the personal attacks hurt his credibility, in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, PinkFlamingo said:

But, he did. 

And lord knows teenagers always do what their parents tell them.:rolleyes:

Edited by FatBoy

Just now, PinkFlamingo said:

But, he did. 

As we should. But that's not the issue here. The issue is Mr. Moore's actions. The accuser's aren't the ones on trial here. 

9 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

What facts? That's I was off her age by a year or two? C'mon, don't be silly.