Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ms maggie

Roy Moore accused of sexual misconduct with 14 year old

544 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Did u read any of my posts? I said she was lucky that all that happened was groping.  

Here's an idea. Why, instead of blaming the victim, shouldn't adult men just not grope underage girls (or anyone for that matter)?

Of course we now have 8 victims from 1977-1991!

Hannity seemed to accept the letter.

Edited by jtowne-swim

3 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

Here's an idea. Why, instead of blaming the victim, shouldn't adult men just not grope underage girls (or anyone for that matter)?

Ok that sounds like a plan! So you get to working on that ok?

14 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Ok that sounds like a plan! So you get to working on that ok?

I just know women who have been raped and/or sexually assaulted. Most do not report it because they get humiliated through the process and are the ones who have to prove it. They essentially are guilty unless they can prove otherwise. What women have to go through after reporting a sexual assault or rape is unconscionable.

53 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

Of course we now have 8 victims from 1977-1991!

Hannity seemed to accept the letter.

The letter basically admits that he pursued teenagers. Moore needs to be honest and stop hiding behind nondenial denials.

4 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

Sounds like you are indicting all adult men.  Speak for yourself.

1 minute ago, Smokey 1 said:

Sounds like you are indicting all adult men.  Speak for yourself.

All adult men who abuse children - you bet!

1 minute ago, ncbirdfan said:

All adult men who abuse children - you bet!

Of course.  How do you define a "child"?

7 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Of course.  How do you define a "child"?

Under the age of 18 is usually considered a child in most jurisdictions. 30 year old men should stay away from them, don't you think?

6 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Under the age of 18 is usually considered a child in most jurisdictions. 30 year old men should stay away from them, don't you think?

What about the age of consent which is 16 in many states?  I haven't seen too many examples of "children" being victims in this latest round of abuser claims. While the idea of a 30 year old man hitting on a 16 year old is somewhat disgusting it is legal in many states.  How do you feel about 30 year old women having relations with teenage males?  I see that as just as disgusting.

Edited by Smokey 1

7 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

What about the age of consent which is 16 in many states?  I haven't seen too many examples of "children" being victims in this latest round of abuser claims. 

A 30+ year old adult male has no business with any sexual relationship with a 16 year-old. I have no problem with a 19-year old and a 16-year old because they are close enough in age. And the age of consent may well be 16 in some jurisdictions, but you know as well as I do that a 30+ year old pursuing teenagers is sleazy and demented and is ripe to take advantage of the teenager.

Edited by ncbirdfan

1 minute ago, ncbirdfan said:

A 30+ year old adult male has no business with any sexual relationship with a 16 year-old. I have no problem with a 19-year old and a 16-year old because they are close enough in age. And the age of consent may well be 16 in some jurisdictions, but you know as well as I do that a 30+ year old pursuing teenagers is sleazy and demented and is ripe to take advantage of the teenager.

Does your disgust apply to older women who pursue young men too?

Just now, Smokey 1 said:

Does your disgust apply to older women who pursue young men too?

Yes it does. It should for you as well.

Just now, ncbirdfan said:

Yes it does. It should for you as well.

Oh yes, it sure does.  Unfortunately many sexists see that scenario differently.

17 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

What about the age of consent which is 16 in many states?  I haven't seen too many examples of "children" being victims in this latest round of abuser claims. While the idea of a 30 year old man hitting on a 16 year old is somewhat disgusting it is legal in many states.  How do you feel about 30 year old women having relations with teenage males?  I see that as just as disgusting.

It is more than disgusting, its immoral.

15 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Oh yes, it sure does.  Unfortunately many sexists see that scenario differently.

With Moore, if he had gone after women his own age in the past it would not be a problem as long as he didn't rape or sexually assault them. The issue here is the age of the victims - one was 14. It also shows a pattern with his pursuit of underage girls. We know as many as seven came out publicly, but how many have not? Are we to assume that the only ones that he pursued were the ones that came publicly. There are reasons why they didn't report it when it happened. There are reasons why others still wouldn't come forward with their accounts.

Edited by ncbirdfan

Moore will fit right in.

In 1994, Trump took a 13-year-old girl to a party with Jeffrey Epstein, a billionaire who was a notorious registered sex offender, and raped her that night in what was a "savage sexual attack," according to a lawsuit filed in June 2016 by "Jane Doe." The account was corroborated by a witness in the suit, who claimed to have watched as the child performed various sexual acts on Trump and Epstein even after the two were advised she was a minor.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-accused-rape-attempted-rape-162434352.html

7 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

The letter basically admits that he pursued teenagers. Moore needs to be honest and stop hiding behind nondenial denials.

Hannity needs to call it out as BS and not treat it like he did birthers 

7 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

I just know women who have been raped and/or sexually assaulted. Most do not report it because they get humiliated through the process and are the ones who have to prove it. They essentially are guilty unless they can prove otherwise. What women have to go through after reporting a sexual assault or rape is unconscionable.

Seeing some of the posts on this topic I can certainly understand why many women still prefer to stay silent about it