Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soulflower

Joe Biden leaning towards 2020 Presidential run

54 posts in this topic

The Hill:

A source in contact with Biden's advisers told the publication that at the moment Biden's primary focus is his book tour.

"Right now, he's pretty laser-focused on the book tour. Get through that and go see what we can do in '18, and see where things are then," the source said.

Biden himself has also appeared to publicly mull a presidential run and has refused to rule out a 2020 run.

"I have a regret that I am not president, because I think there is so much opportunity," Biden toldOprah Winfrey in a clip from "Super Soul Sunday"on the Oprah Winfrey Network. The full interview will air Sunday.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/359761-biden-moving-toward-2020-presidential-run-report?amp

Joe should’ve run in 2016 IMO. 2020 I don’t think will be as good an environment for him to run for President. Democrat voters will have a lot more choices in 2020. 

6 minutes ago, soulflower said:

The Hill:

A source in contact with Biden's advisers told the publication that at the moment Biden's primary focus is his book tour.

"Right now, he's pretty laser-focused on the book tour. Get through that and go see what we can do in '18, and see where things are then," the source said.

Biden himself has also appeared to publicly mull a presidential run and has refused to rule out a 2020 run.

"I have a regret that I am not president, because I think there is so much opportunity," Biden toldOprah Winfrey in a clip from "Super Soul Sunday"on the Oprah Winfrey Network. The full interview will air Sunday.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/359761-biden-moving-toward-2020-presidential-run-report?amp

Joe should’ve run in 2016 IMO. 2020 I don’t think will be as good an environment for him to run for President. Democrat voters will have a lot more choices in 2020. 

He would beat Trump handily. 

Who else do you have in mind looking at 2020 and 2024?

Joe may give Donny a run for his money. It could be close, but I think Donny's crazy hair wins out over Joe's.

Like I said before.

The only Dem that could beat Trump

Jyst don't screw it up and pick a crappy VP 

13 minutes ago, soulflower said:

The Hill:

I would have voted for Biden had he run in 2016 and I lived in a swing state. 

14 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

I think Dems will prefer someone younger in 2020 

I don’t think Sanders or Biden will be the nominee 

Looking for Franken in 2020.

34 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Hmmm... who else is on a book tour and forming a PAC to raise money?  

37 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Joe may give Donny a run for his money. It could be close, but I think Donny's crazy hair wins out over Joe's.

People claiming Trump has a decent shot at re-election are going to look pretty stupid 3 years from now, IMO. Doubtful he's even the nominee. 

Joe's going to turn 78 a few weeks after Election Day 2020.  I hate to be an ageist, but that's starting to get up there.

28 minutes ago, soulflower said:

I think Dems will prefer someone younger in 2020 

I don’t think Sanders or Biden will be the nominee 

Agree.  Get the appeal of Biden as the anti-Trump, an actual decent, thoughtful, informed guy.  But it's time for new blood. 

3 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

Joe's going to turn 78 a few weeks after Election Day 2020.  I hate to be an ageist, but that's starting to get up there.

What if he vows to only run for one term? 

1 minute ago, Dystopia said:

What if he vows to only run for one term? 

He'll be 82 at the end of that term.

Just now, Thirteen said:

He'll be 82 at the end of that term.

80 is the new 70. ;)

Just now, Dystopia said:

80 is the new 70. ;)

And when 70 was the old 70, 70 was probably a bit too old.

His roles in the Anita Hill stuff and the 1994 Crime Bill will be a liability in 2020. 

Younger electorate may not be as forgiving of 1990s Joe Biden. 

What happened to Kamala Harris running?

Or Deval Patrick?   I thought he had Obama's backing.

Just now, SemiAuto said:

I think Sen Harris will run in 2020

Im not sure about Gov Patrick

If the Dems do come up with a younger candidate, I wouldn't mind seeing Joe as VP again to bring knowledge, experience, and credibility.  Similar to what he did for Obama.

20 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

And when 70 was the old 70, 70 was probably a bit too old.

There are people who at 70 and 80 are remarkable--Churchill comes to mind.  But think those are exceptions and (as a person who will be 70 in 2020) the age is a concern.  (Look at the guy we have now....)

36 minutes ago, Dystopia said:

People claiming Trump has a decent shot at re-election are going to look pretty stupid 3 years from now, IMO. Doubtful he's even the nominee. 

To many other politicians and the media will not allow Trump do his job. They want him out. Yes I agree I'm starting to see that he's toast in 2020. From here on out though I'm voting for neither Republican or Democrat. I don't trust any of them nor do I think any of them care about any of us. 

1 hour ago, alienrace said:

I would have voted for Biden had he run in 2016 and I lived in a swing state. 

I would have as well. That being said, I think the Dems do a disservice to themselves if they don't go with a much younger candidate. 

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

Looking for Franken in 2020.

Oh please no.

30 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

I’m rooting for Harris personally. Gladly will vote for her.