Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Trump nominates, Senate panel approves a 36 year old blogger for lifetime appointment on the federal bench

45 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mrsmlh said:

I'm beginning to think none of them understand what "conflict of interest" means. 

They know, they just don't care and play dumb when caught.  Same as when the wealthy get caught not paying taxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

They know, they just don't care and play dumb when caught.  Same as when the wealthy get caught not paying taxes.

Yeah you're probably right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The judicial nominee who’s never tried a case is also married to a Trump administration lawyer.

Brett J. Talley, the young lawyer nominated by President Trump for a lifetime federal judgeship in Alabama, was asked by a Senate committee to disclose family members who are likely to present potential conflicts of interest if he is confirmed.

In response, Talley said he would evaluate “real or potential conflict, or relationships that could give rise to appearance of conflict” and recuse himself from cases if necessary, according to a Senate Judiciary Committee questionnaire.

He did not, however, identify any family members — including his wife, who is one of President Trump’s attorneys. Annie Donaldson is White House Counsel Donald McGahn’s chief of staff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/11/13/that-judicial-nominee-whos-never-tried-a-case-is-also-married-to-a-trump-administration-lawyer/?utm_term=.e5758956eebe

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ivanbalt said:

They know, they just don't care and play dumb when caught.  Same as when the wealthy get caught not paying taxes.

Time and again it's the M.O. of all involved with this administration. Ignorance is no excuse of the law. The only question that matters is how does it effect the swing voter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot more conservative judicial nominations coming as well!  District courts, circuit courts, and (drum roll) Supreme Court!  

Shaping the federal justice system's direction for the next few decades is the ultimate election prize, and progressive liberals need not apply!  

Probably regretting that decision to run Hillary Clinton as your candidate now, lol.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Glengarry said:

A lot more conservative judicial nominations coming as well!  District courts, circuit courts, and (drum roll) Supreme Court!  

Shaping the federal justice system's direction for the next few decades is the ultimate election prize, and progressive liberals need not apply!  

Probably regretting that decision to run Hillary Clinton as your candidate now, lol.

:lol:

Are there no competent conservative judges?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hst2 said:

Are there no competent conservative judges?

You'll find out.  Either way you have no say in the matter, sit back and watch how your poor choice of candidate will destroy your leftist agenda legally through the federal court system.

A poor choice of candidate coupled with Sen. Reid's nuclear option gives the Republicans the will and the means to stack the entire federal judicial system with non-leftwing liberals. 

Hell, even the 9th Circus of Liberal Nuttery may finally shed that laughing stock reputation as the worst and most overturned court in the country once a few judges with brains are appointed out west.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Law clerk by day, ghost hunter by night"

"In 2009 and 2010, he was a member of the Tuscaloosa Paranormal Research Group, a volunteer operation that since the early 2000s has held all-night vigils and used infrared cameras, handheld sensors and other devices to search for spectral entities in plantation mansions, abandoned hospitals and other buildings."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/law-clerk-by-day-ghost-hunter-by-night-now-trumps-judiciary-nominee/2017/11/17/518b66a8-ca51-11e7-b244-2d22ac912500_story.html?utm_term=.cbeb7dab50df

Why not, the GOP has already had a witch, why not a ghost hunter as well.  The GOP is really trying hard to show everyone just how loony they can get.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this era of inclusion, we shouldn't discriminate against 'ghost busters'.  Now warlocks, that's a different story. 

Edited by FatBoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news! At 36, he'll be on the bench a long, long time, hope most of the rest of Trump's judicial appointees are young as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2017 at 10:38 PM, Jimmy Jazz said:

So I don't buy this 'the ABA is liberal' nonsense that we hear. There are plenty of conservatives with experience, appoint them and not people who are young just so they can be on the bench forever.

I don't know about it at the national level, but in AACO, the ABA always highly recommended the most liberal candidates, at least back when I was there and paying attention to such things. That's how we got the likes of Manck & North, who never met criminals that they didn't like. 

But regardless, I don't think the ABA should wield veto power over judicial appointments. Lawyers have their own ideas of what makes good judges, which is not always in tune with what's good for the people. 

Edited by Saticon3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

I don't know about it at the national level, but in AACO, the ABA always highly recommended the most liberal candidates, at least back when I was there and paying attention to such things. That's how we got the likes of Manck & North, who never met criminals that they didn't like. 

But regardless, I don't think the ABA should wield veto power over judicial appointments. Lawyers have their own ideas of what makes good judges, which is not always in tune with what's good for the people. 

But his judicial experience should outweigh the ABA opinion, oh wait he has none.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EGoldstein said:

But his judicial experience should outweigh the ABA opinion, oh wait he has none.    

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but this is good stuff, we need more of it, I mean when the lefties are bitterly complaining about things of substance that Trump has actually done, when they're complaining, it means its good for the country. I suspect there would be a whole lot more complaining about Trump's regulatory reforms and cancellations of Obama xo's and such, but, they have to bite their tongues on that as each complaint of something he actually did represents an acknowledgement a Trump success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who you gonna call....ghost busters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saticon3 said:

but this is good stuff, we need more of it, I mean when the lefties are bitterly complaining about things of substance that Trump has actually done, when they're complaining, it means its good for the country. I suspect there would be a whole lot more complaining about Trump's regulatory reforms and cancellations of Obama xo's and such, but, they have to bite their tongues on that as each complaint of something he actually did represents an acknowledgement a Trump success.

for you and those of your ilk who want to take the country back to pre-civil war times.....why expect a president to appoint judges with experience when he can fill the courts with buffoons.....you do realize judges can be impeached?  so given the paucity of this one judges experience, he will eventually do something stupid enough to be removed...he's already proven he is a liar, which makes him perfect for the current circus that passes for the current administration...why have judges that display any modicum of integrity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

for you and those of your ilk who want to take the country back to pre-civil war times.....why expect a president to appoint judges with experience when he can fill the courts with buffoons.....you do realize judges can be impeached?  so given the paucity of this one judges experience, he will eventually do something stupid enough to be removed...he's already proven he is a liar, which makes him perfect for the current circus that passes for the current administration...why have judges that display any modicum of integrity?

 

What kind of idiot cheers the to have extremely inexperienced, unfit people in our countries highest positions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week, Senate Republicans were able to confirm four of President Donald Trump's judicial nominees for lifetime positions on circuit courts, in addition to one more to a district court post as a part of the president's unprecedented judicial blitz.

Quote

 

Seizing an opportunity to move forward on reshaping the federal court system to a more conservative bend, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell worked to confirm the judges in rapid-fire succession, in a week that experts said was incredibly rare "That never happened in President George W. Bush's eight years, and the most confirmed in any week was three," he said. "It only happened once in [President Barack] Obama's eight years, and that was an unusual circumstance. ... It also happened only once in [President Bill] Clinton's eight years."

The fast rate of judicial confirmations comes as McConnell has pushed for the GOP to crush one of Democrats' biggest weapons in combating Trump's nominations to the federal bench. McConnell told has said that "blue slips" — a tradition that allows senators to give or withhold their blessing for a judicial nominee from their state — should be viewed as a confirmation of how a senator will vote on nominees, breaking with the norm of needing a blue-slip approval to move forward with a judicial nominee. 

The blue-slip process gives the party that does not control the White House leverage over the president's nominations, and some Democrats have used that power to deny a handful of Trump's nominees from moving forward in the Judiciary Committee. That, in turn, makes it easier for Trump to advance nominees in states that do not have any Democratic Senate representation.

 

:lol:

Lifetime appointments, and (at least) 3 more years of shaping the federal judiciary by replacing progressive activist liberal idiot judges with judges who follow the Constitution. 

Keep them coming, you know if the radical left is whining it's a good thing for America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0