Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheGuru

MPSSAA & Private School Playoff Scores

181 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, themamba said:

Thought it was cleared up right away, when I say I have to check that, which I never say. DW followed right away with the correct score. I'd venture to say that anyone that saw the first post but didn't see the two I just described may be due for a piss test. When you post thousands of scores a year, you are bound to mistake. I'm not exempt from that fact. Its like thinking that the statement, "Thats a big difference" is a question and deserves 3 question marks, instead of the proper period, or exclamation points, depending how excited you are in your expression.

Uh oh the grammar police are on to me!

This looks more like all-star game than a playoff game.

The notion that an N-loss DeMatha should not be ranked ahead of every public team in the state, up to and including Wise, seems preposterous.

That said, they're likely to get pummeled today.

St. John's scored on their first possession - a 20-yd FG after a drive highlighted by a beautiful 33-yd pass from QB Doyle.

3-0 SJC 6:27 1st

Edited by JustMyThought

DM is holding their own.

A long drive, helped by a face mask and a roughing but hurt by a grounding, was halted at the 19.

The 36-yd FG to tie the game was long enough, but just wide left.

3-0 SJC 7:32 2nd

This Doyle kid is awesome.

After the missed FG, Doyle flashed some foot on a long scramble then completed 15 and 41 yard beauties to set up a 1-yd RB Robinson TD.

10-0 SJC 5:31 2nd

17 minutes ago, JustMyThought said:

This Doyle kid is awesome.

After the missed FG, Doyle flashed some foot on a long scramble then completed 15 and 41 yard beauties to set up a 1-yd RB Robinson TD.

10-0 SJC 5:31 2nd

Hear it’s 10-7 at the half. 

The equalizer has been the inability of SJC to protect Doyle. Sacks (2 by DE Morgan) and holding calls are limiting his effectiveness (5-14 for 122).

Morgan's 2nd sack forced a punt, giving DM the ball near midfield.

15 yards for a vicious blow to the head on a clutch grab by WR Johnson moved DM to the 10. 

Just as one person began complaining about DM using any RB not named Marshawn Lloyd, RB Banjura dragged several Johnnies into the endzone.

DeMatha leads 9-7 in first downs and 143-138 in total yards.

10-7 SJC at half 

Edited by JustMyThought

1 minute ago, JustMyThought said:

The equalizer has been the inability of SJC to protect Doyle. Sacks (2 by DE Morgan) and holding calls are limiting his effectiveness (5-14 for 122).

Morgan's 2nd sack forced a punt, giving DM the ball near midfield.

15 yards for a vicious blow to the head on a clutch grab by WR Johnson moved DM to the 10. 

Just as one person began complaining about DM using any RB not named Marshawn Lloyd, RB Banjura dragged several Johnnies into the endzone.

DeMatha leads 9-7 in first downs and 143-138 in total yards.

10-7 SJC at half 

Also heard the Hellams from DM dropped a definite pick 6. Hellams is overrated. 

1 minute ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Also heard the Hellams from DM dropped a definite pick 6. Hellams is overrated. 

Stop it with the Hellams BS! Kid is asked to do everything for DM

Just now, Tomslick said:

Stop it with the Hellams BS! Kid is asked to do everything for DM

I don’t think he’s a Top 100 Player. Plenty of kids play big ways in Maryland. Very good receiver, but not top 100. He’s no where near as good as Fields from SFA or the Jacobs kid at McD, who I think is the best WR I’ve seen in the area in a while. 

Just now, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I don’t think he’s a Top 100 Player. Plenty of kids play big ways in Maryland. Very good receiver, but not top 100. He’s no where near as good as Fields from SFA or the Jacobs kid at McD, who I think is the best WR I’ve seen in the area in a while. 

Kid has offers to play both WR and Safety! He can choose based on what he wants to do. So in offseason he works at both. Needs more DB work but doesnt have the luxury to only train as a WR in the offseason. And anytime youre ready to line anybody up you got Ill bring youngin to Gilman myself so he can run routes against your guy and then turn around and play defense too. 

DE Morgan's 3rd sack forces another punt - DM winning the punt battle, starting at the SJ 39.

10-7 SJC 6:51 3rd

First time watching the most impressive RB Lloyd.

He only needed two carries to put the Stags on top.

14-10 DeMatha 6:37 3rd

Allegany 49 - Boonsboro 7 with 6:55 left in the game...setting up a rematch with Fort Hill next Friday. 

19 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Kid has offers to play both WR and Safety! He can choose based on what he wants to do. So in offseason he works at both. Needs more DB work but doesnt have the luxury to only train as a WR in the offseason. And anytime youre ready to line anybody up you got Ill bring youngin to Gilman myself so he can run routes against your guy and then turn around and play defense too. 

Fields doesn’t play both ways this year, but did last year. Jacobs plays both ways. Watch the kid, he’s a monster. Best player on that team, including Mustipher. 

Another swap of 3-and-outs.

DM opens the 4th at midfield.

17-14 SJC start of 4th

Edited by JustMyThought

After an exchange of punts, DM fumbled it away at their own 45.

A first down followed by a close-ish pass interference call on DM put Doyle in the red zone.

Another DM sack pushed Doyle out of the red zone.

SJC calls time out to ponder.

17-14 SJC 4:51 4th

12 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Fields doesn’t play both ways this year, but did last year. Jacobs plays both ways. Watch the kid, he’s a monster. Best player on that team, including Mustipher. 

Just watched Jacobs film kid is nice but right now he is more of a possession WR. He has time to be another great one out of MCD but Hellams is more explosive than him on both sides of the ball.

On 4th and long, Doyle's pass in the endzone was broken up by DB Hellams.

17-14 SJC 4:38 4th

DM 4th and 2 at the SJC 41.

DM takes their last timeout to ponder.

17-14 SJC 3:27 4th