Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sprightly

George Takei Accused Of Groping Former Male Model In 1981

33 posts in this topic

Former model Scott R. Brunton told The Hollywood Reporter on Friday that actor George Takei sexually assaulted him 36 years ago. 

Brunton, then 23, told the news outlet that Takei groped him without his consent during an evening in the actor’s condo in 1981. Brunton was just begining his career when he met Takei, who was in his mid-40s, saying the men had exchanged numbers and would occasionally run into each other. After breaking up with his boyfriend, Brunton said, he was invited by Takei to dinner and a show. 

“He was very good at consoling me and understanding that I was upset and still in love with my boyfriend,” Brunton told The Hollywood Reporter. “He was a great ear. He was very good about me spilling my heart on my sleeve.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/george-takei-accused-sexual-assault_us_5a0661dde4b01d21c83e9fc8

Yeah, we should just have one thread on all 30+ years old allegations.

28 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Former model Scott R. Brunton told The Hollywood Reporter on Friday that actor George Takei sexually assaulted him 36 years ago. 

Brunton, then 23, told the news outlet that Takei groped him without his consent during an evening in the actor’s condo in 1981. Brunton was just begining his career when he met Takei, who was in his mid-40s, saying the men had exchanged numbers and would occasionally run into each other. After breaking up with his boyfriend, Brunton said, he was invited by Takei to dinner and a show. 

“He was very good at consoling me and understanding that I was upset and still in love with my boyfriend,” Brunton told The Hollywood Reporter. “He was a great ear. He was very good about me spilling my heart on my sleeve.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/george-takei-accused-sexual-assault_us_5a0661dde4b01d21c83e9fc8

You know all this will get you is, but he's not running for office ......

5 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

You know all this will get you is, but he's not running for office ......

I'm not all that concerned about the bullies on this forum. They have yet to shut me up and they never will.

59 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Interesting that two gay men on what is clearly being described as some kind of a "date" that resulted in what used to be called "petting" (when I was young and dating young women) is now, 36 years later, described as "groping".

It makes one wonder how many women who, when dating at a younger age, were in a parked car "making out" with their date and had certain parts of their body touched during that experience. After multiple decades is all of that now considered "groping" and a "sexual assault"? If so, there are very likely millions of men in this country who committed "sexual assault" as teens. The rule that was followed at the time was that if the young lady pushed your hand aside when it touched a particular area that she didn't want touched then you didn't do it again. However, the reality is that many hands were not pushed aside.

Do folks in that situation now get a "do over" and get to call it non-consensual groping? Gee, lawyers are going to be thrilled. :mellow:

Of course, I will be condemned for not automatically believing the accusers but I'm smart enough to know that there are people looking for their 15 minutes and a big payout.  Then again, if true abuse took place, I applaud them for coming forward.

The scenario you painted is interesting and true. Regret over a decision to engage in petting or sex does not equal abuse. And, here we go again putting myself out there, but I know that vengeful women are more than capable of making false accusations against a man. I've seen it. And if people were honest, they know it's true that it happens. That's why every accusation needs to be looked at separately instead of with the broad brush of "accused means guilty."

12 minutes ago, Papi said:

Interesting that two gay men on what is clearly being described as some kind of a "date" that resulted in what used to be called "petting" (when I was young and dating young women) is now, 36 years later, described as "groping".

It makes one wonder how many women who, when dating at a younger age, were in a parked car "making out" with their date and had certain parts of their body touched during that experience. After multiple decades is all of that now considered "groping" and a "sexual assault"? If so, there are very likely millions of men in this country who committed "sexual assault" as teens. The rule that was followed at the time was that if the young lady pushed your hand aside when it touched a particular area that she didn't want touched then you didn't do it again. However, the reality is that many hands were not pushed aside.

Do folks in that situation now get a "do over" and get to call it non-consensual groping? Gee, lawyers are going to be thrilled. :mellow:

I once took a date to a heavy petting zoo.B)

Was this just petting or, as the man claims, an episode where there was something in his drink that made him pass out a la Bill Cosby?

This makes George Takei a bigger hypocrite than many of those he's taken smug shots at since he appointed himself as some kind of gay moralist who often criticizes others. 

I don't think he ever acknowledged or apologized for stirring up the indignation over the fake anti-gay hate letter that was self-inflicted in Rosedale over some colored jars on a porch or whatever it was.  All the money collected through the Go Fund Me page in the aftermath of the fake hate letter had to be returned.

Not fabulous, George.  OH MY!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

This makes George Takei a bigger hypocrite than many of those he's taken smug shots at since he appointed himself as some kind of gay moralist who often criticizes others. 

I don't think he ever acknowledged or apologized for stirring up the indignation over the fake anti-gay hate letter that was self-inflicted in Rosedale over some colored jars on a porch or whatever it was.  All the money collected through the Go Fund Me page in the aftermath of the fake hate letter had to be returned.

Yeah, like Moore, who feels its morally wrong for gays to adopt children.

Just now, hst2 said:

Yeah, like Moore, who feels its morally wrong for gays to adopt children.

You're on the wrong thread.  This one is about George Takei. 

Just now, Ode2Joy said:

You're on the wrong thread.  This one is about George Takei. 

Indeed. Compare and contrast. Higher level thinking.

Just now, hst2 said:

Indeed. Compare and contrast. Higher level thinking.

Work in a couple of comments about redistributing wealth and white guilt and you can call it an early day.  Toss in something about the road we're on to totalitarianism or a neo-Nazi takeover and take the whole weekend off.  :D 

2 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Work in a couple of comments about redistributing wealth and white guilt and you can call it an early day.  Toss in something about the road we're on to totalitarianism or a neo-Nazi takeover and take the whole weekend off.  :D 

Work on figuring out what 'compare and contrast' means. ;)

And then you can call it a day.

20 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Unless he didn't do it.

2 hours ago, Sprightly said:

I think it was James Cordon who said the other night that whenever he sees a celebrity's name in the news now he thinks "Please let him be dead. Please let him be dead....Ohhh noo"

6 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Work on figuring out what 'compare and contrast' means. ;)

And then you can call it a day.

In your case, it means "to deflect and change the topic.  To attempt to derail a topic.

3 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I think it was James Cordon who said the other night that whenever he sees a celebrity's name in the news now he thinks "Please let him be dead. Please let him be dead....Ohhh noo"

Just wait until they start looking into accusations about some of the older generation's rock stars.

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

Just wait until they start looking into accusations about some of the older generation's rock stars.

Oh hell...no one will remember anything! Especially from the 80s! Lol

In 1980, I personally, was groped by a female  worker on the AC Delco alternator production line in Birmingham, and she was cheered on by her workmates. Who do I turn to, who will heal my mental scars? 😭😔

2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Oh hell...no one will remember anything! Especially from the 80s! Lol

What's next? One of these ladies coming forward and saying that they were abused? Some of them were minors when they had sex with Bowie, Page, and the like.

https://beat.media/most-famous-groupies

3 hours ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

I once took a date to a heavy petting zoo.B)

You went to 'The Block' in BC?:D

3 hours ago, Papi said:

If any of  you watch 'The Big Bang Theory', you know that Sheldon is very big on contracts for everything. And we laugh.

Candidly, if I were a young single male dating now a days....I would strongly consider having a 'date' contract that both parties sign as to what is and is not permissible. And I am not joking or making lite of it.

How many stories have we read about a male being 'hauled in' because the female at a later date decided what happened was not to her liking? And after everything was said and done ....at the time....she was as 'in to it' as he was.

BTW I am not talking about rapes and near rapes and so on here. Though that gray area does touch on the above. (No pun intended).

Edited by Guido2

Sorry I had to do this................but it does add new meaning to this scene.........................

On 11/11/2017 at 10:07 AM, Baltimatt said:

Was this just petting or, as the man claims, an episode where there was something in his drink that made him pass out a la Bill Cosby?

He said that they went out for dinner and drinks. It is entirely possible that a then 23 year old guy might have had to much to drink. But it is interesting that on the news this morning Takei says he never met the accuser and that the episode never occurred. The whole scenario sounds fishy.