Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bawlmerian

GOP staffer and speech writer Richard Cross found dead

12 posts in this topic

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/obituaries/bs-md-obit-richard-cross-20171110-story.html

Police said he was found dead Thursday afternoon in his home in the 1900 block of Thames St. in Fells Point. A spokesman for the state medical examiner’s office said Friday that the cause of death had not been determined. Police said there were no signs of foul play.  Mr. Cross’ sister, Gina Cross, said friends noticed that he hadn’t been posting on Facebook or showing up at a favorite restaurant, which raised concerns. Building managers checked his apartment.  Raised in Towson and Timonium, Mr. Cross attended St. Paul’s School and the Johns Hopkins University.

He became a Republican stalwart who worked in the congressional offices of Mr. Ehrlich and Helen Delich Bentley during the 1980s and 1990s. He was Mr. Ehrlich's congressional press secretary from 1995 to 1998.

Mr. Cross later worked as communications director for the Downtown Partnership before going to work at the State House after Mr. Ehrlich was elected governor in 2002. He stayed through the four years of the administration but later became critical of Mr. Ehrlich, writing that the former governor’s failed 2010 run against Gov. Martin O’Malley was “the most poorly conceived and executed campaign for governor of Maryland in recent memory.”

20 hours ago, Bawlmerian said:

First Joe Steffen and now Richard Cross.  

If you are suggesting an increasing body count, Ehrlich still has a long way to go to catch up to your girl Hillary.

1 hour ago, Manny said:

If you are suggesting an increasing body count, Ehrlich still has a long way to go to catch up to your girl Hillary.

Manny, I have always been a supporter of Bob Ehrlich and never of Hillary.  Take your partisan crap and shove it where the sun don’t shine 

Edited by Bawlmerian

57 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

Manny, I have always been a supporter of Bob Ehrlich and never of Hillary.  Take your partisan crap and shove it where the sun don’t shine 

I call major BS.

Why the Joe Steffen reference?

14 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

I call major BS.

:)

And won't you conspiracy slingers be really embarrassed when it turns out he died of natural causes.

1 hour ago, jonsensback said:

I call major BS.

Because it is sad/odd that two guys that age that worked together died in the same year.  

51 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

And won't you conspiracy slingers be really embarrassed when it turns out he died of natural causes.

I am sure he did.  As did NC Pack 

8 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

Because it is sad/odd that two guys that age that worked together died in the same year.  

Why?  People die everyday for all kind of reasons.

And as far as your usual conspiracies this one has no legs.

Everyone knew Bobby had either a wig or a colossal comb over. 

39 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Why?  People die everyday for all kind of reasons.

Everyone knew Bobby had either a wig or a colossal comb over. 

I have nothing against Ehrlich (except losing to O’Malley).  No theory.  No conspiracy.  Except you guys thinking I have something against my fellow Arbutus native.  

Geeze.  Call Octoburn if you want Ehrlich hate.  Except she loved Cross and Steffen.

47 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

What are my “usual” conspiracy theories?