Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Where do kids learn to undervalue women? From their parents.

131 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, banner1124 said:

I guess you've never seen Stripes :rolleyes:

Oh, and what give you the idiotic idea that my avatar is homophobic?  You really should shut up about things you know nothing about

"Not that there's anything wrong with it":lol:

3 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

"Not that there's anything wrong with it":lol:

Nice twist on a classic Seinfeld episode :lol: 

On 11/13/2017 at 6:12 PM, mrsmlh said:

When my husband got off active duty and we returned to MD, we both went to work in the same building. We would drive to and from work together.  I was still doing all the basic cooking and cleaning.  We would come home from work, walk into the house and my husband would say what's for dinner.  After doing this same routine for about six months, I was near exhaustion. We came home from work one day, my husband says "What's for dinner?".  I looked at him and said "I don't know what are you fixing?"  He just looked at me for a couple minutes and then apparently it dawned on him.  He is a worse cook than I am so I still do all the cooking but he does most of the house cleaning.  His father couldn't understand a man doing household chores like vacuuming.

That would have gone on for one day max in my house.  My wife and I have been though various phases.  Both worked and shared responsibility.  She stayed home for a bunch of years when we had two toddlers and later when our youngest had medical issues and middle was home schooled.  After that she went back to school and because a nurse.  All the whole shopping and cleaning were 50/50. Maybe 60/40 but I had the pool and yard plus various repairs on the farm house and outbuildings.  And when she cooked I always had dishes and total kitchen cleaning.  Now we are both working again and our youngest is in high school.  Less we have less logistical issues but the division of labor is pretty fair.  But we all agree that we don’t want to eat my cooking.

3 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

That would have gone on for one day max in my house.  My wife and I have been though various phases.  Both worked and shared responsibility.  She stayed home for a bunch of years when we had two toddlers and later when our youngest had medical issues and middle was home schooled.  After that she went back to school and because a nurse.  All the whole shopping and cleaning were 50/50. Maybe 60/40 but I had the pool and yard plus various repairs on the farm house and outbuildings.  And when she cooked I always had dishes and total kitchen cleaning.  Now we are both working again and our youngest is in high school.  Less we have less logistical issues but the division of labor is pretty fair.  But we all agree that we don’t want to eat my cooking.

It was tough for both of us because we had both be raised in that old school of the wife does the housework.  It took near exhaustion to wake me up so to speak.

We are both retired now so we sort split the chores into what each doesn't mind doing.

Just now, mrsmlh said:

It was tough for both of us because we had both be raised in that old school of the wife does the housework.  It took near exhaustion to wake me up so to speak.

We are both retired now so we sort split the chores into what each doesn't mind doing.

Every family just needs to find a system that works for them.  It sound like you did.  Congratulations on retirement!!

17 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

Every family just needs to find a system that works for them.  It sound like you did.  Congratulations on retirement!!

Thanks, it's great!!