Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GREYHOUND ALUM

THE MIAA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AKA THE GILMAN BOWL

441 posts in this topic

I want to start this off by saying, never been more proud of a Gilman team than this one. They never let the struggles get to them, perservered and now have a chance to shock the world and win a title. 

And for all you folks out there, there is no MIAA playoffs or title game without The Gilman School in it. We ARE MIAA football. All these clowns and idiots on here talking about Gilman and how their time is over, as usual had no idea what they were saying. In fact, they should have been never speaking about football period!!! One transition year, and the boys are already back in the title game! That's called a PROGRAM FOLKS! One 'expert' had Gilman losing by two TD's, hahahahaha! As i said,Gilman is better than 90% of the teams in the State! 

Can Gilman beat the mighty Panthers, I doubt it. But it wouldn't surprise me. They will need to stack the box and force SFA to pass all day long. And they have to take the fight to them! 

 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to your squad GA.  And good luck to them next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Congrats to your squad GA.  And good luck to them next week.

Thanks a lot my friend. They will need all the luck they can get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats how you keep grinding and why they play the games! Congrats! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I want to start this off by saying, never been more proud of a Gilman team than this one. They never let the struggles get to them, perservered and now have a chance to shock the world and win a title. 

And for all you folks out there, there is no MIAA playoffs or title game without The Gilman School in it. We ARE MIAA football. All these clowns and idiots on here talking about Gilman and how their time is over, as usual had no idea what they were saying. In fact, they should have been never speaking about football period!!! One transition year, and the boys are already back in the title game! That's called a PROGRAM FOLKS! One 'expert' had Gilman losing by two TD's, hahahahaha! As i said,Gilman is better than 90% of the teams in the State! 

Can Gilman beat the mighty Panthers, I doubt it. But it wouldn't surprise me. They will need to stack the box and force SFA to pass all day long. And they have to take the fight to them! 

 

Appreciate the expert call😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Thats how you keep grinding and why they play the games! Congrats! 

Exactly! Truth is, if anybody knew Coach Holley personally, then they would know that he would never accept losing like they did last year. Gilman's goal every year is to beat Mcd and win the MIAA title, they now have that chance to do both. Nobody(including) myself, gave them any chance to do either when the season started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Appreciate the expert call😂

Hahahaha! I will be waiting for your 'expert' pick this week. Although, don't think you will blow this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Hahahaha! I will be waiting for your 'expert' pick this week. Although, don't think you will blow this one. 

Gotta give credit where it’s due

shouldve known something bad would happen when I got my *** kicked at the tables yesterday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I saw Gilman early in the season, they could barely complete a forward pass and the D was clueless. But the old HS adage "coach em up" was exhibited by the Hounds this season, what a turnaround. The coaching staff has done a great job, but the young men should be commended for hanging in there all season thru adversity and believing in themselves. Not sure if they have a real shot vs the best football team in the state, one of the best in the country, but to beat your rivals and make the title game is a great season for Gilman. Excuse my language, but Brandon Madison is a tough MF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ShoNuff said:

When I saw Gilman early in the season, they could barely complete a forward pass and the D was clueless. But the old HS adage "coach em up" was exhibited by the Hounds this season, what a turnaround. The coaching staff has done a great job, but the young men should be commended for hanging in there all season thru adversity and believing in themselves. Not sure if they have a real shot vs the best football team in the state, one of the best in the country, but to beat your rivals and make the title game is a great season for Gilman. Excuse my language, but Brandon Madison is a tough MF.

If Madison isn’t first team All Metro, I’m never reading the Sun sports section again. The kid won’t win POY, unless Gilman wins it all, but he deserves it. 

I gave Gilman coaches and Hill hell this year, but both proved me wrong. They were absolutely great down the stretch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually think Gilman pushes SFA next weekend. Very interested to see who they hire this offseason. It’s been pretty quiet from the Gilman bashers today. They had to know this day was coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to see Gilman win this game! 

Will the game be streamed live?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Terps22 said:

Would love to see Gilman win this game! 

Will the game be streamed live?

not sure if it will be live streamed. if it is I don't think it will be done by greyhound tv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Win or lose next week, Gilman is the story of the year for private school football.  On paper, it should be a running clock next week. But, Gilman shouldn’t be in the champiomship on paper. Great story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

I actually think Gilman pushes SFA next weekend. Very interested to see who they hire this offseason. It’s been pretty quiet from the Gilman bashers today. They had to know this day was coming. 

I’m hearing Mr Wren I watched the game on Gilmans side and his name cane up a lot GA have you heard this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GOOCH said:

I’m hearing Mr Wren I watched the game on Gilmans side and his name cane up a lot GA have you heard this 

for AD or head coach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GOOCH said:

Head Coach 

I would be shocked, but how they turned he season around, never know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aacountyfootball said:

Win or lose next week, Gilman is the story of the year for private school football.  On paper, it should be a running clock next week. But, Gilman shouldn’t be in the champiomship on paper. Great story. 

Couldn’t agree more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

I actually think Gilman pushes SFA next weekend. Very interested to see who they hire this offseason. It’s been pretty quiet from the Gilman bashers today. They had to know this day was coming. 

No, these idiots don’t know Football and actually believe Gilman would continue to be down. The fact that it only took them one year to make it to the title game after losing the Head Coach that built their program to where it was, says so much for that staff and those kids. I have to give you credit, you were one of the few people who always said that they would be back soon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, aacountyfootball said:

Win or lose next week, Gilman is the story of the year for private school football.  On paper, it should be a running clock next week. But, Gilman shouldn’t be in the champiomship on paper. Great story. 

They are 5-6, and have given up 332 points this season, 76 points in a game 2 weeks ago. The league is as bad as its been in a long time. This is the private school story of the year? A losing team that gives up 30 points a game? This is hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the average MaxPreps rating of each team in each league/region through Week 11 :


1) 47.5 MIAA-A
2) 42.9 WCAC
3) 28.3 IAC
4) 20.7 MIAA-B
5) 16.8 Howard
6) 16.1 Frederick
7) 14.2 Carroll
8) 13.0 Prince George's
9) 11.6 SMAC
10) 8.6 Montgomery
11) 8.0 Anne Arundel
12) 5.8 Western Md
13) 3.7 UCBAC
14) -4.8 Bayside
15) -5.0 Baltimore County
16) -12.9 Baltimore City
17) -13.0 MIAA-C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JustMyThought said:

Here's the average MaxPreps rating of each team in each league/region through Week 11 :


1) 47.5 MIAA-A
2) 42.9 WCAC
3) 28.3 IAC
4) 20.7 MIAA-B
5) 16.8 Howard
6) 16.1 Frederick
7) 14.2 Carroll
8) 13.0 Prince George's
9) 11.6 SMAC
10) 8.6 Montgomery
11) 8.0 Anne Arundel
12) 5.8 Western Md
13) 3.7 UCBAC
14) -4.8 Bayside
15) -5.0 Baltimore County
16) -12.9 Baltimore City
17) -13.0 MIAA-C

Ouch Baltimore City 

JMT what would those numbers be if you factor just the big 3 for the City (my opinion of Big 3)

Dunbar 

Edmondson 

Mervo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0