Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GREYHOUND ALUM

THE MIAA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AKA THE GILMAN BOWL

293 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, mop said:

Gilman had a great second half of the season. If they win it all, they will go down as the best Gilman team ever per GA (jk). How many players do they lose to graduation and how do they look for next year? 

If they win it all, won’t be the best Gilman team ever, but will be without a doubt the most beloved Gilman team ever. This team means a lot to the school, would be talked about for years to come. 

They have 16 seniors but lose some major contributors. Losing Madison and Bond will hurt more than losing Booker. They have two young DE’s who I believe will be just as good or better than Booker. They have the best ninth grade RB in the league, so he will help ease the loss of Madison, but Madison is pretty irreplaceable. They return basically their whole OL, sans Booker at TE. A lot will be on how well the ninth grade stud Conyers develops. I think he is a star. Just needs to grow. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

20 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Exactly! Truth is, if anybody knew Coach Holley personally, then they would know that he would never accept losing like they did last year. Gilman's goal every year is to beat Mcd and win the MIAA title, they now have that chance to do both. Nobody(including) myself, gave them any chance to do either when the season started. 

Ha! He didn’t want the job in the first place and can’t wait for sabbatical.

the little entitled engine that could, the 2017 Gilman football story.

it would be like Rudy if he were a spoiled brat...and a racist.  🙂

Are we really talking about a 5-6 team , I don’t care if they played in the SEC , 5-6 is 5-6 and does anyone really think they can beat a team that put up 76 on them just weeks ago ! 76 I’m talking about 76, not 46 or 56; 76! 76 points in a football game ! 76! 

8 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

Are we really talking about a 5-6 team , I don’t care if they played in the SEC , 5-6 is 5-6 and does anyone really think they can beat a team that put up 76 on them just weeks ago ! 76 I’m talking about 76, not 46 or 56; 76! 76 points in a football game ! 76! 

SFA didn’t put up 76 on them Rob. Wrong team. 

Their record could be 2-9, they’re playing in the Championship of the toughest conference in the area BY FAR! 

20 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

SFA didn’t put up 76 on them Rob. Wrong team. 

Their record could be 2-9, they’re playing in the Championship of the toughest conference in the area BY FAR! 

Yeah my bad that was Loyola , it was 50-0 , are you taking any 10k bets I sure could use it 

On 11/13/2017 at 3:02 PM, Rob A. said:

Yes, Rob, its ridiculous. GA and his handles are begging and pleading with people to believe Gilman is something other than a losing team, one that gives up a ton of points, and one that hasn't beaten a team with less than 4 losses. Read this paragraph again, then read the jubilation that GA and his handles are feeling right now. Its buffoonery beyond measure.

JMT can bring out all of the little computer sheets he desires, it doesn't erase the fact that every team in the MIAA with a loss (everyone but SFA) has lost to team in a league ranked below them. So much for the figures. Those 6 teams have gone 15-12 outside of their league. As I said earlier, too bad they can't just bring JMT's forms with them and hand it to someone before the game so they can declare a victor, and save anyone from actually playing the game. Instead of 15-12, they could be 29-0.

The funniest (and most hypocritical) thing about this is these people using the MaxPreps ratings, the same rating system these Bozo's have torn apart when it doesn't suit them. The one that had Damascus at #24 in the state last week. The one that says Liberty (Carroll County) has a tougher schedule than Wise. Buffoonery at its best.

Now apologists are talking about adversity. LMAOoooo! Its like they want to frame their school as the Little Sisters of the Poor, and we should feel sorry for these little guys. Nevermind all the boasts in pre-season of how great they will be, or how they would be the same 9 win team as it was before Biff left. Somehow, going 7-15 has 'Fan Boy' and his handles setting up a ticker tape parade, for a team that will allow nearly 400 points in a season.

Edited by themamba

13 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

Yeah my bad that was Loyola , it was 50-0 , are you taking any 10k bets I sure could use it 

No, wouldn’t bet on this game. 

15 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

Spalding put up the 76 and yes, the defense was non-existent but I think your missing the point (and I'm not a Gilman supporter on the forum as I never liked the Poggi's model of buying winning teams when he was there), you have to give credit where it is due. At the start of the year Gilman was horrible, but they kept at it and the coaching staff found a system that worked with this group. I saw the CHC game yesterday and Gilman's staff was much more creative with play calling in order to get kids in positions where they could be successful. In a league where the coaches run the same systems (so tired of spread, read option) it was refreshing to see Gilman's offense. Gilman has 3-4 top players, but they won as a unit not with stars. Give them the credit. The championship will be about Poggi's ego (how many points he tries to score with that group), as that team is exceptionally skilled.. but I think Gilman already has their victory.    PS - SF "toyed" and I mean toyed with McD. Will someone tell that staff to punt it out of pounds! 2nd quarter, with 3 min's to go, score 14-7  SF and McD tries to "pin" them down with a pooch punt...kid goes 90-95 yards and I think he was playing with people on the return. Would be fun to see them play IMG. 

41 minutes ago, Express said:

Spalding put up the 76 and yes, the defense was non-existent but I think your missing the point (and I'm not a Gilman supporter on the forum as I never liked the Poggi's model of buying winning teams when he was there), you have to give credit where it is due. At the start of the year Gilman was horrible, but they kept at it and the coaching staff found a system that worked with this group. I saw the CHC game yesterday and Gilman's staff was much more creative with play calling in order to get kids in positions where they could be successful. In a league where the coaches run the same systems (so tired of spread, read option) it was refreshing to see Gilman's offense. Gilman has 3-4 top players, but they won as a unit not with stars. Give them the credit. The championship will be about Poggi's ego (how many points he tries to score with that group), as that team is exceptionally skilled.. but I think Gilman already has their victory.    PS - SF "toyed" and I mean toyed with McD. Will someone tell that staff to punt it out of pounds! 2nd quarter, with 3 min's to go, score 14-7  SF and McD tries to "pin" them down with a pooch punt...kid goes 90-95 yards and I think he was playing with people on the return. Would be fun to see them play IMG. 

MCD kicked it deep vs out of bounds because they had such good results with their special teams play against CHC and Gilman.....

4 minutes ago, mop said:

MCD kicked it deep vs out of bounds because they had such good results with their special teams play against CHC and Gilman.....

Yeah, kicking it to Hall is pretty stupid in every since of the word. 

3 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Yeah, kicking it to Hall is pretty stupid in every since of the word. 

*sense

53 minutes ago, Express said:

You've always been pro-Gilman, anti-SFA, in your brief time here, what are you talking about, G?

1 hour ago, Express said:

Their biggest 'fan boy' has called for the entire staff to be fired during 3 games this year (on their way to 5-6, allowing 332 points in 11 games). 

Edited by themamba

GA,

Just went through the MCD SFA game film. Every official on the field should be fired immediately. The SFA linemen were tackling the MCD defenders on every play. Arms wrapped around waists, drapped over the tops of should pads, jerseys being ripped out of players pants and off of their backs. I would implore the Gilman coaches to watch the tape and send a message to the Conference and Board of Officials office with film clips included. If guys that are bigger and stronger are allowed to hold (far outside of the normal holding that happens on every play), then the Greyhounds are in for a long day. Watch the film and tell me I'm not crazy. 

7 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

If they win it all, won’t be the best Gilman team ever, but will be without a doubt the most beloved Gilman team ever. This team means a lot to the school, would be talked about for years to come. 

They have 16 seniors but lose some major contributors. Losing Madison and Bond will hurt more than losing Booker. They have two young DE’s who I believe will be just as good or better than Booker. They have the best ninth grade RB in the league, so he will help ease the loss of Madison, but Madison is pretty irreplaceable. They return basically their whole OL, sans Booker at TE. A lot will be on how well the ninth grade stud Conyers develops. I think he is a star. Just needs to grow. 

is the DE ur talking about the freshman Stretch? 

7 hours ago, mop said:

Gilman had a great second half of the season. If they win it all, they will go down as the best Gilman team ever per GA (jk). How many players do they lose to graduation and how do they look for next year? 

they will loose a lot of seniors, some that are replaceable. Other than booker, I don't think they will loose anyone one the line and will be getting current 10th grader transfer Grinage to add to the line.  

33 minutes ago, DMVfootballwizard said:

is the DE ur talking about the freshman Stretch? 

Yes, I think he has a chance to be special. Already taller than Booker and growing, also probably a better athlete than Booker. 

1 hour ago, mop said:

GA,

Just went through the MCD SFA game film. Every official on the field should be fired immediately. The SFA linemen were tackling the MCD defenders on every play. Arms wrapped around waists, drapped over the tops of should pads, jerseys being ripped out of players pants and off of their backs. I would implore the Gilman coaches to watch the tape and send a message to the Conference and Board of Officials office with film clips included. If guys that are bigger and stronger are allowed to hold (far outside of the normal holding that happens on every play), then the Greyhounds are in for a long day. Watch the film and tell me I'm not crazy. 

The MIAA officials are the worst in state by a wide margin.  I have no idea why the league continues to employee this group. Half can't even run 5 yards an the other half don't even know the rules.  Very sad that the league keeps them year after year.  

On 11/13/2017 at 6:29 PM, JustMyThought said:

Curious where you would rank Gilman among your Top 50 MPSSAA schools?

Your last poll has them behind 15 public schools, sounds about right. If they lose by 50 again, I'd have them lower. Then we're talking about a team that is 5-7 that gave up a mind boggling 400 points. If they win, I'd move them up.

They are 5-6, have given up 332 points, 76 points in a game 2 weeks ago, and haven't beaten a team with less than 4 losses. Outside SFA, MIAA teams are just over .500 v teams outside of their league. Thats not something that I rank very high, to be frank.

Edited by themamba

On this page alone Gilman has been referred to as spoiled brats, racists, worse than 15 MD public schools, not worth talking about at 5-6, etc...

I’ve never seen another MD team move the needle like this...Might want to get ready shut this entire forum down next Sunday if they beat SFA.

My only question is, if records were thrown out and you had to rank teams based on their last two games, where does Gilman land in MD? 

2 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

On this page alone Gilman has been referred to as spoiled brats, racists, worse than 15 MD public schools, not worth talking about at 5-6, etc...

I’ve never seen another MD team move the needle like this...Might want to get ready shut this entire forum down next Sunday if they beat SFA.

My only question is, if records were thrown out and you had to rank teams based on their last two games, where does Gilman land in MD? 

Honestly, Gilman’s offense has been great the last three games. Loyola game, team had too many kids out. They don’t have the numbers to overcome 5-6 starters out of a game. They won the game, but didn’t play well. 

Gilman is always going to have hate, a lot of jealousy when that name is spoken. The hate was around before Poggi, as a school, for many reasons. 

If a miracle happens and Gilman wins, yes the forum will break! Will be some serious hurt feelings on here! 

On 11/13/2017 at 6:58 PM, Silverbullet said:

Sorry, Bud, no one ranks anyone on 1 or 2 games. That may have been the most moronic question you've ever asked. If you and anyone else thinks 5-6 is good, have at it. If a team gives up more than 30 points a game and you think they are amazing, thats your perogative. If you think a team that has played 11 games, and have been outscored by 13 touchdowns over that span, should be ranked higher, yell it to the rooftops, someone may be willing to listen. If not, just log out and log back in, if you know what I mean. Nevermind a team that gave up 11 touchdowns in one game. Get a bullhorn, tell people that you aren't counting that game. Better yet, tell the powers that be that you want your team's ranking based on a pair of wins over 2 teams that have losing records in their league, where 6 of the 7 have a 15-12 record outside of their league. They just might take you up on that.

Edited by themamba

18 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Honestly, Gilman’s offense has been great the last three games. Loyola game, team had too many kids out. They don’t have the numbers to overcome 5-6 starters out of a game. They won the game, but didn’t play well. 

Gilman is always going to have hate, a lot of jealousy when that name is spoken. The hate was around before Poggi, as a school, for many reasons. 

If a miracle happens and Gilman wins, yes the forum will break! Will be some serious hurt feelings on here! 

Sorry, G, facts can be unsettling at times.

35 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

If the 15 teams better has you angry, take it up with the 12 state voters. Its their list. I just agreed. Don't let another's opinion, or in this case, 12 people, get you so upset. There's nothing you can do about it.