Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GREYHOUND ALUM

THE MIAA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AKA THE GILMAN BOWL

293 posts in this topic

On a somewhat related note, ...

In their Week 11 rankings out this morning, the Washington Post has 6 Washington-area Maryland public schools ranked ahead of 8-3 Good Counsel (Wise, Damascus, North Point, Eleanor Roosevelt, Quince Orchard & Howard) and 7 such teams ahead of 6-5 DeMatha (Flowers).

21 hours ago, JustMyThought said:

Top 25 Strength of Schedules, from MaxPreps through Saturday of Week 11

1) 47.8 Gilman
2) 46.1 McNamara
3) 44.1 Good Counsel
4) 43.3 McDonogh
5) 43.2 DeMatha
6) 42.7 MSJ
7) 42.0 Spalding
8) 37.2 St. Frances
9) 36.9 Loyola
10) 35.7 Calvert Hall
11) 27.7 Bowie
12) 27.2 Georgetown Prep
13) 26.8 Bladensburg
14) 26.2 Curley
15) 25.3 Pallotti
16) 25.0 Oakdale
17) 24.9 Bullis
18) 23.6 Silver Oak
19) 23.6 Potomac
20) 23.5 Boys Latin
21) 22.6 Liberty
22) 22.3 Riverdale Baptist
23) 21.6 Avalon
24) 21.3 Tuscarora
25) 20.9 Urbana

Same thing from Massey

1) 47 DeMatha
2) 45 Gilman
2) 45 Good Counsel
4) 44 McDonogh
5) 43 Spalding
6) 41 MSJ
6) 41 McNamara
8) 40 St. Frances
9) 37 Calvert Hall
10) 33 Loyola
11) 29 Georgetown Prep
12) 25 Bullis
13) 23 Oakdale
13) 23 Riverdale Baptist
15) 22 Potomac
15) 22 Avalon
15) 22 Curley
18) 21 Chopticon
18) 21 Oxon Hill
18) 21 Pallotti
18) 21 Wise
22) 20 Bowie
22) 20 Bladensburg
22) 20 Boys Latin
22) 20 Ft. Hill
22) 20 Eleanor Roosevelt

2 hours ago, city40blast said:

Yes gilman has won their last two games against two teams that did not have good years but before that they had 120 points put up on them lol. The MIAA besides SFA  was average this year and biff will try to embarrass gilman. So it’s plenty of teams in the area that has played better football then gilman the last few weeks. If they pull the upset it’s another story. 

What teams in the area are playing better football than Gilman right now? Yes, they gave up 70 plus points against Spalding, but scored 58 and actually outgained them by a lot. They lost the game because they turned it over, and Spalding didn’t. There isn’t one team in the Bmore Area who would beat Gilman right now besides SFA. Not one. There’s not one team in the State, not in the MIAA or WCAC that would beat Gilman right now. 

6 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

What teams in the area are playing better football than Gilman right now? Yes, they gave up 70 plus points against Spalding, but scored 58 and actually outgained them by a lot. They lost the game because they turned it over, and Spalding didn’t. There isn’t one team in the Bmore Area who would beat Gilman right now besides SFA. Not one. There’s not one team in the State, not in the MIAA or WCAC that would beat Gilman right now. 

SJC would.

21 hours ago, nomad974 said:

Interesting.  Bowie, Bladensburg, Oakdale, Potomac, Liberty, Tuscarora & Urbana have the toughest public school schedules.  

Those teams either did not make the playoffs or lost in the 1st round.

Very interesting!

2 minutes ago, jbmad said:

SJC would.

3 minutes ago, jbmad said:

SJC would.

I said any team not in WCAC or MIAA, SJC is in the WCAC. They’re also not in the State of Maryland.

Gilman is winning now because other guys besides Madison are stepping up and making plays, whether it be Bond, Willis, Dixon, Hill, Jones or any of the other guys. They need to make SFA qb beat them throwing the ball, stack the middle and shut down Bangda and make Jones beat you. Pound him and hit him hard anytime he takes off running. Take the legs away from the big Oline and Dline. It can be done.

2 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I said any team not in WCAC or MIAA, SJC is in the WCAC. They’re also not in the State of Maryland.

No public should ever beat Gilman with their resources. So why even make the claim? Gilman did a good job of turning around a disastrous season and making it a bad season. SFA is going to do bad things to them on Sunday. 

Just now, jbmad said:

Gilman is winning now because other guys besides Madison are stepping up and making plays, whether it be Bond, Willis, Dixon, Hill, Jones or any of the other guys. They need to make SFA qb beat them throwing the ball, stack the middle and shut down Bangda and make Jones beat you. Pound him and hit him hard anytime he takes off running. Take the legs away from the big Oline and Dline. It can be done.

Wishful thinking.

5 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

My bad

1 minute ago, Outside Looking In said:

Wishful thinking.

No team is unbeatable. That's what everyone said last year when Loyola came out and damn near pulled off the upset. Superstar teams are susceptible to defeat if things start going bad. But hopefully a good championship game Sunday

Well GA I just got a call from my SF sources and they tell me the Biffster has sent out a memo that states this weeks game is personal and anything besides a blowout is unacceptable to him and while blowing the G out they are to inflict massive amounts of pain and punishment 

5 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Very true. Also, the OC has been outstanding the last three weeks. Have no idea where this has been all year long. Gilman has had the most impressive offensive playcalling in the league these last few weeks. 

You mean make Jones best you with his arm, because he can beat you with his legs all day, every day. It’s going to be hard regardless. The main problem is depth. Gilman, and most teams in the league, has to play too many guys both ways. SFA comes at you in waves. I think Gilman will make this a game, but see them being worn down by the middle of the third. 

9 hours ago, GOOCH said:

Well GA I just got a call from my SF sources and they tell me the Biffster has sent out a memo that states this weeks game is personal and anything besides a blowout is unacceptable to him and while blowing the G out they are to inflict massive amounts of pain and punishment 

LOL! I knew this was coming. Every year, in their biggest game, some Gilman supporter makes up some source spreading gossip about a tweet, memo, hearsay, whatever. Good to see the 10 year streak continue. Memo is pretty funny, haven't heard that in a while. Can you get a copy? #LikeClockwork

Edited by themamba

Just now, GOOCH said:

I don’t doubt this. Losing to Gilman, would be an outright disaster for SFA and Biff. I think losing to Gilman would put them back big time as a program. They’re already not gettting any credit right now for their great season, people will destroy them(and Biff specifically) if they lose. So yes, he will want to put it on Gilman this week. 

4 minutes ago, themamba said:

LOL! I knew this was coming. Every year, in their biggest game, some Gilman supporter has some source spreading gossip about a tweet, memo, hearsay, whatever. Good to see the 10 year streak continue. Memo is pretty funny, haven't heard that in a while. Can you get a copy? #LikeClockwork

lmao!

1 hour ago, GOOCH said:

Wouldn't be the first memo his dumb *** has sent out, now would it.

8 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Wouldn't be the first memo his dumb *** has sent out, now would it.

Lol 

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Not buying this at all GA.  They went from being unable to simply snap the ball inept, to uninspired poor, to finally being able to compete with middle of the road under performing teams in the conference.  They get credit for turning around something the was truly awful (as evidenced by being booed at home if I recall).   They earned a second date with the high school version of Alabama.  As you admit, they are likely to lose.  In reality, they are more likely to get absolutely crushed. Turn around duly noted. But to jump from here to "best team in the state" is myopic.  You fail to recognize that other teams got better too.  Even the ones that handed it to Gilman early.  Parsing DC from MD is kind of nonsensical if one plays DC teams and is otherwise in the DMV conversation.  And Gilman is in the regional conversation, regardless of record.  That being said, and the carnival barking amusement gained here aside, I am actually hoping that Gilman wins.   Good luck.

PS - completely stupid that they will not allow GreyhoundTV stream the game. 

1 hour ago, Outside Looking In said:

What was the score the first time? I'm thinking shutout.

I'm thinking running clock...does the MIAA use the 35 point rule in the first half or do we have to wait until the 2nd half?

24 minutes ago, DMVFootball said:

Not buying this at all GA.  They went from being unable to simply snap the ball inept, to uninspired poor, to finally being able to compete with middle of the road under performing teams in the conference.  They get credit for turning around something the was truly awful (as evidenced by being booed at home if I recall).   They earned a second date with the high school version of Alabama.  As you admit, they are likely to lose.  In reality, they are more likely to get absolutely crushed. Turn around duly noted. But to jump from here to "best team in the state" is myopic.  You fail to recognize that other teams got better too.  Even the ones that handed it to Gilman early.  Parsing DC from MD is kind of nonsensical if one plays DC teams and is otherwise in the DMV conversation.  And Gilman is in the regional conversation, regardless of record.  That being said, and the carnival barking amusement gained here aside, I am actually hoping that Gilman wins.   Good luck.

PS - completely stupid that they will not allow GreyhoundTV stream the game. 

Again, said that Gilman wouldnt lose to any team not in the WCAC or MIAA. SJC is in the WCAC right? So, point being is, they wouldn’t lose to any Maryland team not in those conferences. 

Makes no sense on not letting anybody stream the game, outside of the obvious money grab. They’re not even replaying it anywhere. 

Anticipated late Sunday post from GA..."I am tremendously proud of my alma mater for hanging close for 3 minutes and 41 seconds...they would have won if not for the 17 injuries and team food poisoning they had to deal with...plus the greatest freshman lineman and most talented back in Baltimore history both were hampered by serious head colds. If Biff had the decency to pull all his starters and backups in the first half it would have been much closer. Despite losing 50-0 AGAIN my boys are clearly a top team that is improving every day...the coach of the year should be a no-brainer since Gilman somehow found a way to win 5 games against SEC quality teams while only losing 7 and held their opponents to less than 400 points for the year."

3 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

Anticipated late Sunday post from GA..."I am tremendously proud of my alma mater for hanging close for 3 minutes and 41 seconds...they would have won if not for the 17 injuries and team food poisoning they had to deal with...plus the greatest freshman lineman and most talented back in Baltimore history both were hampered by serious head colds. If Biff had the decency to pull all his starters and backups in the first half it would have been much closer. Despite losing 50-0 AGAIN my boys are clearly a top team that is improving every day...the coach of the year should be a no-brainer since Gilman somehow found a way to win 5 games against SEC quality teams while only losing 7 and held their opponents to less than 400 points for the year."

Impartial, hmmmm. Could of fooled me.