Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GREYHOUND ALUM

THE MIAA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AKA THE GILMAN BOWL

441 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Impartial, hmmmm. Could of fooled me.

Let’s be honest, we all know that this is Daywalker using another handle. Someone PM’d me with the info. Basically, looking for some acceptance from his idiol. 

4 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Again, said that Gilman wouldnt lose to any team not in the WCAC or MIAA. SJC is in the WCAC right? So, point being is, they wouldn’t lose to any Maryland team not in those conferences. 

Makes no sense on not letting anybody stream the game, outside of the obvious money grab. They’re not even replaying it anywhere. 

If they aren't streaming it anywhere, then it cannot be a money grab.  Seems more like a Poggi grab to control the content and editorial.  

Very bold statement regardless.  I saw most of their early games.  It was a study in poor coaching and even worse execution. I think a few IAC teams would still beat them as would some of the power publics.  Squeaked by Episcopal (the IAC version of Gilman in many ways) and got plain out beat by Prep.  Unless the Gilman LB's somehow learned to move laterally and the DB's decided they wanted to play physical, they will continue to give up points no matter who they play.  They gave up 28 points a game (332 total).  They don't have the ability to control anybody. Fast guys and ball control teams had a field day because the offense was horrible and the defense was Swiss cheese.  Two successful late season games against league teams that you "got by" doesn't provide the basis for that statement.  Doesn't mean they didn't get better.  But, truth be told, that wasn't a very high bar.  And once they got into the mediocre league play (another topic), it was easier to get better.  

If they can stay within 21 of SFA, then you are right.  If they stay within 28, I will be shocked.

11 minutes ago, DMVFootball said:

If they aren't streaming it anywhere, then it cannot be a money grab.  Seems more like a Poggi grab to control the content and editorial.  

Very bold statement regardless.  I saw most of their early games.  It was a study in poor coaching and even worse execution. I think a few IAC teams would still beat them as would some of the power publics.  Squeaked by Episcopal (the IAC version of Gilman in many ways) and got plain out beat by Prep.  Unless the Gilman LB's somehow learned to move laterally and the DB's decided they wanted to play physical, they will continue to give up points no matter who they play.  They gave up 28 points a game (332 total).  They don't have the ability to control anybody. Fast guys and ball control teams had a field day because the offense was horrible and the defense was Swiss cheese.  Two successful late season games against league teams that you "got by" doesn't provide the basis for that statement.  Doesn't mean they didn't get better.  But, truth be told, that wasn't a very high bar.  And once they got into the mediocre league play (another topic), it was easier to get better.  

If they can stay within 21 of SFA, then you are right.  If they stay within 28, I will be shocked.

Prep didn’t outright beat them! Gilman should have won that game, what game were you watching? 

Gilman at the beginning of the year, is nothing like Gilman now. Coaches made adjustments. They held Dejuan Ellis to less than 40 yards rushing! You do know that Ellis is the fastest returning kid in the State right? This is not debatable. This was as much as a shock to me as anybody. Not only that, they somehow turned a horrible offense, into a very high powers one, with some very unconventional playcalling. 

There is no team in the IAC that would beat Gilman right now. They would beat Prep by three TD’s if they played now. I don’t give them a chance against SFA, none. But SFA is the best team in the area, and probably Top 5 nationally. 

49 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Impartial, hmmmm. Could of fooled me.

Was impartial until my first ever post was attacked and ridiculed by the arrogant, elitist homer who insults you if your opinion differs from his...not impartial anymore.

45 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Prep didn’t outright beat them! Gilman should have won that game, what game were you watching? 

Gilman at the beginning of the year, is nothing like Gilman now. Coaches made adjustments. They held Dejuan Ellis to less than 40 yards rushing! You do know that Ellis is the fastest returning kid in the State right? This is not debatable. This was as much as a shock to me as anybody. Not only that, they somehow turned a horrible offense, into a very high powers one, with some very unconventional playcalling. 

There is no team in the IAC that would beat Gilman right now. They would beat Prep by three TD’s if they played now. I don’t give them a chance against SFA, none. But SFA is the best team in the area, and probably Top 5 nationally. 

C'mon GA.  Prep beat them 24-17 at home.  That's the game I was watching... The one they did play.  Not the one they should have played.  Their best DB (and fasted KR kid on the team) didn't even play in the 2nd half. Every Gilman loss (except SFA) seems to be a game they "should have won".  I think pretty much every team thinks they should have won a game that wasn't an absolute blowout.  And they could have.  But they don't.  So they didn't.  Saying "should have" doesn't change anything.   Gilman went from horrible to average.  They got better and I think healthier as the season went on.  So did Prep - while losing two of their best LB in game 3.  They just smashed Bullis (35-12) - a very good MD ranked team team with a ton of recruited talent - using two 170 lb DB's as the 3rd and 4th LB.  Bullis is the SJC of the IAC. Prep was up 28-0 in late 3rd Q or first play of 4th Q. Their D has a three year history of keeping them in games regardless of who they play.  They play great special teams and rely on a stud RB every year to ground down the clock with lineman that are nowhere near as imposing as the opposition.  Not one time - but consistently.  They are NOT a top team in the state to the level of a SFA or top 4 WCAC.  And they are not the same Prep that played in the MIAA. But they got better and beat one of the better teams in the "next group" which includes the better privates and a handful of publics.  And don't get me started on Ellis.  He's not a QB.  You are 100% correct - he is fast.  That's it.  He's a 160 lbs of "it's all about Ellis" and the next level.  McDonogh is a good team.  They'll always have a chance against everybody except SFA. But not world beaters and clearly trended downward as the season went on.  You caught them at the right time for both of you. 

Your passion for all things Gilman is noted.  I am certain that if you had $100M lying around, there would be a building called GA Hall on campus there.  Please beat SFA - or at least keep it close.

Edited by DMVFootball

On 11/13/2017 at 11:05 AM, JustMyThought said:

The current MaxPreps line of St. Frances (-29) over Gilman came out before Sunday's games.

It will likely tighten a bit when it is updated tomorrow.

Didn't tighten much :

#1 St. Frances (-28) over #11 Gilman

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Let’s be honest, we all know that this is Daywalker using another handle. Someone PM’d me with the info. Basically, looking for some acceptance from his idiol. 

:D  :D  NoHuddleNoMercy....NoHuddleNoMercy....  Whoever you are referring to is NOT The DayWalker!!!  Someone PM'd you the info....  :P

Yes, LET'S BE HONEST

Dude, on the DC Morgue Board  --  NoHuddleNoMercy YOU debating GreyHound Alum YOU claiming to be an uncle of the then Spalding QB acknowledging the then Gilman QB was the best MIAA QB would be YOU "...looking for acceptance from ones idiol...", YOU!!!!  Ya still got those tight jeans, cowboy boots with real spurs, and that 10-gallon cowboy hat being from east Baltimore???

Edited by DayWalker

4 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

The Prep loss was a embarrassing loss, they came a long was since then

2 hours ago, Impartialfan said:

Anticipated late Sunday post from GA..."I am tremendously proud of my alma mater for hanging close for 3 minutes and 41 seconds...they would have won if not for the 17 injuries and team food poisoning they had to deal with...plus the greatest freshman lineman and most talented back in Baltimore history both were hampered by serious head colds. If Biff had the decency to pull all his starters and backups in the first half it would have been much closer. Despite losing 50-0 AGAIN my boys are clearly a top team that is improving every day...the coach of the year should be a no-brainer since Gilman somehow found a way to win 5 games against SEC quality teams while only losing 7 and held their opponents to less than 400 points for the year."

HAAAAAAA!!!! LOVE IT

30 minutes ago, JustMyThought said:

Didn't tighten much :

#1 St. Frances (-28) over #11 Gilman

CalPreps has it SFA (-33)

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Again, said that Gilman wouldnt lose to any team not in the WCAC or MIAA. SJC is in the WCAC right? So, point being is, they wouldn’t lose to any Maryland team not in those conferences. 

Makes no sense on not letting anybody stream the game, outside of the obvious money grab. They’re not even replaying it anywhere. 

They'd lose to plenty of teams outside those leagues. Leave the crack alone.

14 minutes ago, DMVfootballwizard said:

The Prep loss was a embarrassing loss, they came a long was since then

Not sure a 6 loss team gets to say that.  

Edited by DMVFootball

2 hours ago, Impartialfan said:

Anticipated late Sunday post from GA..."I am tremendously proud of my alma mater for hanging close for 3 minutes and 41 seconds...they would have won if not for the 17 injuries and team food poisoning they had to deal with...plus the greatest freshman lineman and most talented back in Baltimore history both were hampered by serious head colds. If Biff had the decency to pull all his starters and backups in the first half it would have been much closer. Despite losing 50-0 AGAIN my boys are clearly a top team that is improving every day...the coach of the year should be a no-brainer since Gilman somehow found a way to win 5 games against SEC quality teams while only losing 7 and held their opponents to less than 400 points for the year."

LMAO! You caught on quick! No one in the history of the world uses more excuses than this fool.

Edited by themamba

35 minutes ago, DMVFootball said:

Not sure a 6 loss team gets to say that.  

A six loss team in the Championship of the best league in the area! Will take that anyway of the week! 

2 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

A six loss team in the Championship of the best league in the area! Will take that anyway of the week! 

Everybody (5 teams) was 3-3, one of the mediocre teams had to be in the final. Be thankful that you didn't have to play Spalding, who just waxed that *** 2 weeks ago, scoring an ungodly 76 points. 

10 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

And still only a league title of what, 6 or 7 teams with perhaps 1 team with a winning league record.....  What a low low low bar when the MNC isn't an option.  Bush League, not best league.

17 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

And still only a league title of what, 6 or 7 teams with perhaps 1 team with a winning league record.....  What a low low low bar when the MNC isn't an option.  Bush League, not best league.

We will never know until they let privates and publics play. BUT their conference looks very weak. 6 loss team in the Ship is a joke. AND they are going to get hammered.

2 minutes ago, Dmvballer said:

We will never know until they let privates and publics play. BUT their conference looks very weak. 6 loss team in the Ship is a joke. AND they are going to get hammered.

Nothing stops privates and publics play now except publics can't play for a MIAA title nor privates play for the MPSSAA State Championship....  Yet all games publics play impact while only league games matter for the privates.

4 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Of the 15 wins by Spalding, MSJ, Gilman, McD, CHC, and Loyola, v OOC teams, those 15 opponents W-L record is 61-93. Of those 15 wins, just 2 were against teams with 7 or more wins - GC and Riverdale Baptist, who also lost to 4 loss Oxon Hill. Best league is fake news, as many of these posters have pointed out. 61-93. In other words, a less than .400 win percentage. LMAO!

Edited by themamba

2 minutes ago, themamba said:

Of the 15 wins by Spalding, MSJ, Gilman, McD, CHC, and Loyola, to out of league teams, those 15 opponents W-L record is 64-93. Of those 15 wins, just 2 were against teams with 7 or more wins - GC and Riverdale Baptist, who also lost to 4 loss Oxon Hill. Best league is fake news, as many of these posters have pointed out. 64-93, LMAO!

And by the tone of this board it's all SFA's doing.

17 minutes ago, Dmvballer said:

And by the tone of this board it's all SFA's doing.

27 OOC games, 1 quality win.

3 hours ago, themamba said:

27 OOC games, 1 quality win.

No fair using actual stats and common sense.

10 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

What teams in the area are playing better football than Gilman right now? Yes, they gave up 70 plus points against Spalding, but scored 58 and actually outgained them by a lot. They lost the game because they turned it over, and Spalding didn’t. There isn’t one team in the Bmore Area who would beat Gilman right now besides SFA. Not one. There’s not one team in the State, not in the MIAA or WCAC that would beat Gilman right now. 

I got a bottle of 20yr pappy that Gilman won't cover a 15pt spread, score more than 22pts, or hold SFA under 37.  

4 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Best league? Seriously man. They don't travel well OOC and beat everybody up internally NOT named SFA.