Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaJellyBelly

The Silence Is Deafening!

55 posts in this topic

Kudos to Gov. Hogan in his rebuke of Roy Moore's candidacy for U.S. Senate!:D

I've been waiting to see if anyone would comment on our great governor's

repudiation of Moore's fitness to sit in the U.S. Senate.

He is truly honest and worthy of praise and respect from Maryland's electorate!!:)

Governor Hogan is a decent man. No one that supports him is surprised. Those who would detract from him would never mention it. Politics 101.

Hogan has shown that being a centrist is still politically viable.

Unless he does something that convinces me otherwise, he has my vote next year.

A link would have been nice.

gee the governor doesn't support a pedophile, call a press conference... :rolleyes: 

Why would he have to voice his opinion as the Governor of Maryland concerning a senatorial candidate from Alabama?

I know, if he didn't posters like the one above me would whine that he didn't.

Way to keep them on their heels Larry;) .

7 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Why would he have to voice his opinion as the Governor of Maryland concerning a senatorial candidate from Alabama?

Not at all. The gov of Alabama's policies don't affect MD. The POTUS' do. Therein lies the difference. It's not rocket science.

Democrats will praise Larry Hogan up until the Election next year. Regardless of his approval rating, Democrats will decide they want one of their flamers in office. Hogan will lose.

31 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Not at all. The gov of Alabama's policies don't affect MD. The POTUS' do. Therein lies the difference. It's not rocket science.

Nonsense. Moore is an elected official. Elected officials should speak out.

And the other poster is 100% correct in that had Hogan not commented on it (as you suggest), the left would have hammered him on it.

He can't win. Except when he does. :)

9 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Nonsense. Moore is an elected official. Elected officials should speak out.

And the other poster is 100% correct in that had Hogan not commented on it (as you suggest), the left would have hammered him on it.

He can't win. Except when he does. :)

You two sharing the same crystal ball? Brain? Both? ...And he only wins when dems like me are happy. :)

58 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

You two sharing the same crystal ball? Brain? Both? ...And he only wins when dems like me are happy. :)

Pretty sure he has written off partisan dems like yourself because you wouldn't vote for him with a gun to your head.

Now tell me you voted for Ehrlich:lol:

Edited by jonsensback

It's really silly to try and make anybody praise something the governor said when it is obviously what a lot of people are thinking about this child molester.  Now if we could get the idiot at the top to believe it then that is something to talk about.  You rep. will try and find anything to keep a republican in office, and why are you all so concerned about how people vote anyway?

41 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Pretty sure he has written off partisan dems like yourself because you wouldn't vote for him with a gun to your head.

Now tell me you voted for Ehrlich:lol:

I voted for Ehrlich the 1st time and Hogan last time. I’ll vote for Hogan again if I feel like I have to. 

In short when “partisan” dems like me crossover the republican wins. ;)

Hard to say anything else considering the bright blue electorate he has, but kudos to him anyway. I think he's one of the better human beings in politics today.

2 hours ago, Manny said:

Democrats will praise Larry Hogan up until the Election next year. Regardless of his approval rating, Democrats will decide they want one of their flamers in office. Hogan will lose.

Actually, some Democrats found something to complain about in Hogan's condemnation of Moore.  Typical partisan hacks.

"Some Democrats said Saturday that the governor didn’t go far enough with his criticism.

"Roy Moore's homophobic, Islamophobic and white supremacist views should have been enough to keep him on the fringes of society," said Maryland Democratic Party spokesperson Fabion Seaton. "Calling on Moore to step aside is the decent thing to do, but Governor Hogan must also examine why Moore's vile views were embraced by members of the Maryland Republican establishment.”

Ben Jealous, one of several Democrats hoping to unseat the governor next year, called Hogan’s statement political and said that the governor does not speak out against extremists in his party.

“Roy Moore was already unfit for the Senate long before these heinous allegations surfaced, and we never heard a word from Larry Hogan,” Jealous said in a statement. “Larry Hogan speaking out now has more to do with politics than principle. Let’s not forget that just a week ago, the same Larry Hogan was in Virginia campaigning for another Republican extremist Ed Gillespie.”

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-hogan-moore-20171111-story.html

2 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

.And he only wins when dems like me are happy. :)

Patently impossible task. :)

1 hour ago, Dystopia said:

Hard to say anything else considering the bright blue electorate he has, but kudos to him anyway. I think he's one of the better human beings in politics today.

I don't think I am way off the mark when I say; why he is doing so well here, and in national polls etc. is because he is not a professional politician...he is a businessmen with good sense and is not spending most of his time plotting his moves for the next rung up the political ladder. 

He sees no practical reason to attack or support Trump so says nothing. However, as a father...and not a politician he had to speak out about Moore....what was he said....something like 'well suppose it was YOUR DAUGHTER'.

JMTs

5 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

gee the governor doesn't support a pedophile, call a press conference... :rolleyes: 

He spoke up against his party when the party was wrong.  That is admirable 

3 hours ago, Struds said:

Actually, some Democrats found something to complain about in Hogan's condemnation of Moore.  Typical partisan hacks.

"Some Democrats said Saturday that the governor didn’t go far enough with his criticism.

"Roy Moore's homophobic, Islamophobic and white supremacist views should have been enough to keep him on the fringes of society," said Maryland Democratic Party spokesperson Fabion Seaton. "Calling on Moore to step aside is the decent thing to do, but Governor Hogan must also examine why Moore's vile views were embraced by members of the Maryland Republican establishment.”

Ben Jealous, one of several Democrats hoping to unseat the governor next year, called Hogan’s statement political and said that the governor does not speak out against extremists in his party.

“Roy Moore was already unfit for the Senate long before these heinous allegations surfaced, and we never heard a word from Larry Hogan,” Jealous said in a statement. “Larry Hogan speaking out now has more to do with politics than principle. Let’s not forget that just a week ago, the same Larry Hogan was in Virginia campaigning for another Republican extremist Ed Gillespie.”

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-hogan-moore-20171111-story.html

More evidence of the democrat party going to the extreme left, I haven't voted in years but I will starting with the next election. Although I think with the extreme candidates that are hijacking the party, they aren't likely to win in 2020, but their wild rhetoric may have scared enough people to win some mid term seats. It's been a while since I've been moved to vote, but their radical policies are to dangerous to sit back. These guys don't even resemble the party when slick Willy was running the show. Those days, along with the Reagan and Tip days are long gone.

6 hours ago, jonsensback said:

That's about how I feel about it. 

50 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

That's about how I feel about it. 

MD Democrats are trying their best to align the Governor with the current White House occupant despite continued evidence that he is truly a moderate Republican and clearly does not support the POTUS or any other far right person/position. It's desperate, but in the end (sadly I think) it may actually work.

27 minutes ago, Struds said:

MD Democrats are trying their best to align the Governor with the current White House occupant despite continued evidence that he is truly a moderate Republican and clearly does not support the POTUS or any other far right person/position. It's desperate, but in the end (sadly I think) it may actually work.

Oh I get that, believe me. As a Maryland voter though, I care about what the guy does and says about Maryland issues. 

8 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

A link would have been nice.

I wouldn't excuse him just yet either, but to publicly condemn him based on an allegation without any factual evidence to support it? Seems nowadays all a person has to do is just say "something" and it is believed. Corroboration is non-existent I see.  

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

Oh I get that, believe me. As a Maryland voter though, I care about what the guy does and says about Maryland issues. 

Yah mean like Hogan .....

That is why he is so successful. And a refreshing change....a Governor that cares about the states citizens and not the next step in the political ladder.

Hogan is like the Anti-MOM comparatively.

34 minutes ago, AugusteDupin said:

I wouldn't excuse him just yet either, but to publicly condemn him based on an allegation without any factual evidence to support it? Seems nowadays all a person has to do is just say "something" and it is believed. Corroboration is non-existent I see.  

SMH.