Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EgyptKang

Conservatives are more susceptible to believing lies — but not because they're stupid

18 posts in this topic

https://amp.businessinsider.com/why-conservatives-are-more-susceptible-to-believing-lies-2017-11

Many conservatives have a loose relationship with facts. The right-wing denial of what most people think of as accepted reality starts with political issues: As recently as 2016, 45 percent of Republicans still believed that the Affordable Care Actincluded "death panels" (it doesn't). A 2015 poll found that 54 percent of GOP primary voters believed then-President Obama to be a Muslim (…he isn't).

And then it gets really crazy. Almost 1 in 6 Trump voters, while simultaneously viewing photographs of the crowds at the 2016 inauguration of Donald Trump and at the 2012 inauguration of Barack Obama , insisted that the former were larger. Sixty-six percent of self-described "very conservative" Americans seriously believe that "Muslims are covertly implementing Sharia law in American courts.

With Them believing these obvious lies.......I beg to differ.

Edited by EgyptKang

44 minutes ago, EGoldstein said:

Ashley Todd

Crystal Gail Mangum

56 minutes ago, VOSA said:

Crystal Gail Mangum

Breana Rachelle Harmon

If we are going to list all the stupid people by partisan bias I think the Sun will need to invest in a bigger server. 

maybe get a puzzle to work on.  I recommend starting with a 10 piece.

Liberals read the Nation, the New Republic, the Atlantic. Conservatives read Breitbart, Infowars and watch Fox News.

22 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Liberals read the Nation, the New Republic, the Atlantic. Conservatives read Breitbart, Infowars and watch Fox News.

Wrong. I read the wsj, national review, and weekly standard. But have fun with your stereotypes. 

29 minutes ago, Rael said:

Wrong. I read the wsj, national review, and weekly standard. But have fun with your stereotypes. 

That is because you are a real Conservative, hst2 should have said, conservative interlopers read Breitbart, Infowars and watch Fox News.

2 hours ago, EGoldstein said:

That is because you are a real Conservative, hst2 should have said, conservative interlopers read Breitbart, Infowars and watch Fox News.

You know, the thing I hate most about the politics of today is to watch the extent that my so called conservative compatriots will believe the most ludicrous things because it lines up with their politics. 

I don't believe Roy Moore when he says he "cannot recall" whether he dated girls who were under 18 when he was in his 30's. Perhaps I wasn't the world's greatest ladies man, but I remember every woman that I had a relationship with. I simply don't believe he doesn't. My misdirected conservative friends are willing to believe this load of claptrap that he is innocent (or even better the Limbaugh total capitulation to the dark side) just for political ends. It is disgusting. 

6 minutes ago, Rael said:

You know, the thing I hate most about the politics of today is to watch the extent that my so called conservative compatriots will believe the most ludicrous things because it lines up with their politics. 

I don't believe Roy Moore when he says he "cannot recall" whether he dated girls who were under 18 when he was in his 30's. Perhaps I wasn't the world's greatest ladies man, but I remember every woman that I had a relationship with. I simply don't believe he doesn't. My misdirected conservative friends are willing to believe this load of claptrap that he is innocent (or even better the Limbaugh total capitulation to the dark side) just for political ends. It is disgusting. 

Do you really believe that the interlopers are your misdirected conservative friends?  Call me cynical, but I think that they would throw you under the bus in a heartbeat.    

This from the people who actually believed Obamacare was going to save each family 2500 dollars a year. Not only that, but was going to save so much money it would pay down the national debt. If by some miracle this really happened, politicians would use the money to pay down the debt instead of blowing it to get re-elected.

14 hours ago, Calamari said:

Stupid and Evil.

And that's the big problem in America. It's bad enough they are stupid but with that they only hurt themselves and family. That added evil causes them express that hate outside of their family.