Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baltimatt

Some conservative smashing their Keurig machines after company pulls ads from Hannity

93 posts in this topic

http://www.businessinsider.com/keurig-boycott-coffee-machine-smashing-videos-2017-11

Keurig's decision to pull its advertising from Sean Hannity's Fox News show is not going over well with some viewers.   Social-media users on Sunday posted videos of themselves smashing their Keurig coffee makers, two days after the company said it would no longer advertise during Hannity's show.

Keurig and other companies faced pressure to pull their ads following Hannity's interview with Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, who is facing allegations he engaged in sexual misconduct with a 14-year-old girl and dated several teenagers while he was in his 30s.  Critics of the interview said Hannity went too easy on Moore. By Saturday, several companies including Keurig, 23andMe, and E-Trade all announced they would pull their ads.

Dumb!

Has anyone posted a video of shooting up a Keurig?

My Mother, God rest her soul, used to say "some people ain't got the sense they were born with." 

This post reminded me of that. I've had Keurig machines for years. They have come down in price in recent years, but the plane jane model is still $80 bucks. 

My first thought was How dumb can you be?  Like Keurig is going to care that you smashed your coffee machine. Now, you are going to have to go out and buy another machine.

I took my Keurig to Goodwill.  It was apiece of crap.  I wanted to smash it, but decided to write it off my taxes instead.

4 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

I took my Keurig to Goodwill.  It was apiece of crap.  I wanted to smash it, but decided to write it off my taxes instead.

Our daughter bought one when they first came out and that one was a piece of crap. She notified Keurig and they sent her a new model.  Her and our sons have had them for years now without any problems. 

Edited by mrsmlh

5 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

They are OK if you only drink one cup of coffee a day ( which I do ).

Like the Hannity show itself, Keurigs can generate a lot of trash.

2 minutes ago, hst2 said:

My family all use the refillable cups so no more trash than a regular coffee machine.

Just now, mrsmlh said:

My family all use the refillable cups so no more trash than a regular coffee machine.

Great idea. My understanding is, and I may be wrong, is that these coffee makers get the water to the correct temperature for brewing coffee, something most typical drip coffee makers do not do.

Well, isn't this the same group that burned all of their Beatles albums back in the day?  Touchy little buggers.

My Keurig is not going anywhere.  I love it.

Been brewing for ten plus years and even have a back up in storage when my first one goes.

People need to get real.  Don't screw with coffee:mad:

16 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

My Keurig is not going anywhere.  I love it.

Been brewing for ten plus years and even have a back up in storage when my first one goes.

People need to get real.  Don't screw with coffee:mad:

Neither my husband nor I drink coffee but all kids and grandkids all do.  They have voiced that same sentiment. 

There should be an online product exchange for these people. All the liberals who burned their New Balance’s a year ago could’ve held on to them and exchanged them for Keurigs. And all the people who burned NFL stuff could’ve swapped them with their arch rivals!

43 minutes ago, hst2 said:

That's a common misconception. You don't have to use K-cups. You can get reusable filters and use any ground coffee you want. And it's actually way more efficient than brewing coffee by the carafe. A lot of that coffee gets dumped down the drain because after setting for a while on the heat it gets nasty. 

Here's the one I use. They last for years.

https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Single-Stainless-Brewers-iPartsPlusMore/dp/B00LGEKOMS/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1510587174&sr=8-13&keywords=keurig+filter+replacement

1 minute ago, FatBoy said:

That's a common misconception. You don't have to use K-cups. You can get reusable filters and use any ground coffee you want. And it's actually way more efficient than brewing coffee by the carafe. A lot of that coffee gets dumped down the drain because after setting for a while on the heat it gets nasty. 

https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Single-Stainless-Brewers-iPartsPlusMore/dp/B00LGEKOMS/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1510587174&sr=8-13&keywords=keurig+filter+replacement

That's why I said can create more garbage.

with Hannity, there is no can about it.

1 minute ago, WhatintheHell said:

They're only good for that first cup of coffee after getting out of bed in the morning. 

Ah. You got the model that only makes one cup a day. They're less expensive, but I opted for the model that makes multiple cups per day. :rolleyes: 

7 minutes ago, hst2 said:

That's why I said can create more garbage.

with Hannity, there is no can about it.

Simmer down there sweetheart. I agree with you.

11 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

When our youngest son was a smoker, he drank coffee all day long. He loved the Keurig because that way he was getting a fresh cup each time instead of the nasty stuff sitting in the carafe.  Or at least, that is what he told me.

Just now, mrsmlh said:

When our youngest son was a smoker, he drank coffee all day long. He loved the Keurig because that way he was getting a fresh cup each time instead of the nasty stuff sitting in the carafe.  Or at least, that is what he told me.

Yea, it's a no brainer for me and the wife. It does take a couple of minutes to brew a cup. But as you say, it's a fresh cup every time.