Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EgyptKang

SCIENTISTS issue dire warning.

37 posts in this topic

We've had Democrats in the WH for many years after this study.  Why have they done nothing?

7 minutes ago, Boobie said:

We've had Democrats in the WH for many years after this study.  Why have they done nothing?

Oh, you mean something like the Paris Climate Accord?

4 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

Americans are doing fine "mate". The weak statists will continue to wring their hands and fly around in their jets preaching to everybody the "evil" the Americans are doing to the world. They'll cozy up to you on this board and join you pontificating how "backward and ignorant"  they  are, unwittingly referring to themselves. It's kind of like those that say "I hate people", when some idiot abuses a dog. As if they are a kangaroo or something.So you can take your America hating to your own forum. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, and bite my tongue, then I thought , why should I? You sit over there in a country thousands of Americans, including several of my uncles fought and died to defend, and troll an American forum tossing insults at America and it's citizens??? Do you do that to other countries as well? 

This seems like an OTT reaction to not liking a hometruth. The US is now the only country in the world that is refusing to sign the Paris Accord. That 'mate' is a fact.

21 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Clearly to make such a pronouncement, you must have some piece of information these scientists don’t. 

No, I have an opinion. And my opinion is that articles like that are simply fear mongering. If you don't like my opinion that's fine, feel free to disagree. but asking me for a link to my opinion is asinine. 

I look forward to seeing the accomplishments of the signatory countries. They have three years to show progress - or else. Or else what? I have no idea. Just - or else.

1 hour ago, Sprightly said:

I look forward to seeing the accomplishments of the signatory countries. They have three years to show progress - or else. Or else what? I have no idea. Just - or else.

These kind of agreements and, in fact, even international "law" itself don't don't necessarily have well-defined "punishments". 

The initial goal here is to slow down the increase in greenhouse gas production, because eventually we're going to have to start lowering it. Whatever gets accomplished in three years will be a fairly good gauge of what might be possible later on.

The ultimate "or else" for climate change can be read in the 800+ page "National Climate Assessment" that miraculously just came out.

I am not optimistic that anything substantive will be done before we start getting a taste of what's to come environmentally.

20 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

You're pathetic. America is done with the deniers. They want our representatives to listen to the scientists on important scientific issues.

LOL  ok  

At least they had the fortitude to openly raise the issue of population control.  

Source:

"We recommend four widely applicable high-impact (i.e. low emissions) actions with the potential to contribute to systemic change and substantially reduce annual personal emissions: having one fewer child (an average for developed countries of 58.6 tonnes CO2-equivalent (tCO2e) emission reductions per year), living car-free (2.4 tCO2e saved per year), avoiding airplane travel (1.6 tCO2e saved per roundtrip transatlantic flight) and eating a plant-based diet (0.8 tCO2e saved per year)."

The amusement at the hypocrisy of those that claim to be worried about 'man made' climate change while having engaged in the single most 'destructive' action of spawning (at times multiple rounds fired from the assault uterus) is never-ending.  The recent documentary Thor: Ragnarok accurately depicted the fate of the natalist Asgardians.  Lord Surtr pierced the veil and temperatures rose one trillion Kelvin.

20 minutes ago, dsummoner said:

At least they had the fortitude to openly raise the issue of population control.  

Source:

"We recommend four widely applicable high-impact (i.e. low emissions) actions with the potential to contribute to systemic change and substantially reduce annual personal emissions: having one fewer child (an average for developed countries of 58.6 tonnes CO2-equivalent (tCO2e) emission reductions per year), living car-free (2.4 tCO2e saved per year), avoiding airplane travel (1.6 tCO2e saved per roundtrip transatlantic flight) and eating a plant-based diet (0.8 tCO2e saved per year)."

The amusement at the hypocrisy of those that claim to be worried about 'man made' climate change while having engaged in the single most 'destructive' action of spawning (at times multiple rounds fired from the assault uterus) is never-ending.  The recent documentary Thor: Ragnarok accurately depicted the fate of the natalist Asgardians.  Lord Surtr pierced the veil and temperatures rose one trillion Kelvin.

Goats fart too, you know, DS. ;) :P

13 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Goats fart too, you know, DS. ;) :P

Not nearly as much as a weed whacker.:D

25 minutes ago, dsummoner said:

Not nearly as much as a weed whacker.:D

How long have you been whacking weeds then, mate? :lol: