Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poefolks

2017 Draft

7 posts in this topic

What happened to our draft class? Only see Humphrey having any real impact. Tyus Bowser, Tim Williams, Chris Wormley and the rest are all MIA for whatever reason.

Anyone else think our draft philosophy and The scouting dept might need a complete overhaul? I'll admit I was excited about going all defense initially but right now it seems like another mistake. Its not like these guys have to sit behind a myriad of super star players either. Of course 9 games in isnt enough time to judge but its disheartening.

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

All anything as a draft strategy is always a bad idea.

that's probably true. my dad always said 'moderation' is best!

4 hours ago, alienrace said:

Erm, Bowser has been playing very well.

Except for the ST penalties.

He was the one called for false start vs Tenn. Then Koch shanked the next punt.

Yea I remember Bowser having a promising start but seems like he has been missing of late. Against Tenn he barely played- only 4 defensive snaps. Wonder if he got in the doghouse for some reason as it wasn't stated he has any injury.

I don't think you can judge a draft class, for good or bad, until at least after 2 full seasons.   Remember Michael Oher?  After one year he looked like a perennial all-pro steal.  It didn't work out that way.  As for the strategy, I questioned it as soon as the draft was over.  The biggest problem with the Ravens last year was the offense.  Going all defense on the draft did not seem like a smart idea.  At least not one that was going to make the team into a contender when the team was only a win or two away from a playoff spot last year.