Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hank Moody

Murder in Locust Point

190 posts in this topic

I’ve been to that Royal Farms late at night dozens of times. No where is safe in Baltimore City 

24 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Crooks going to where the money is victims ........

Very true. Crooks have figured out that old saw 'follow the money'. As noted and the uptick in crime in even 'good neighborhoods'.

Even in poor old Woodlawn....I have noted an uptick in 'utes' causing issues ...atm thefts have increased...banks...stores. .

BC's only export.....trouble. But the police will protect  us. :rolleyes:

Edited by Guido2

Such a shame. Been to Rowhouse several times. I don't recognize Alex but it hits harder when you put these murders into some kind of personal context. My sister also lives about 10 mins away by foot. Scary, scary, scary.

The families of victims need to start suing the city. I'm sure when they arrest this POS that his rap sheet will be as long as all the other violent criminals in this city.

The blood of the innocent is on the judges, DA's and juries of this city.

Edited by Pickle20

The past year or so there seems to have been an increase in violent crime in nicer parts of Baltimore City. 

It will most likely lead to more decreases in Baltimore’s population 

51 minutes ago, soulflower said:

The past year or so there seems to have been an increase in violent crime in nicer parts of Baltimore City. 

So soul....what is your (and other supporters of BC we see here) suggestion to fix the issue.

You have heard more than enough about my ideas and the other mean nasty posters.

And lets not repeat 'jobs'...it is pretty obvious that most criminals aren't intelligent enough to tie their own shoes. And other social feel goods. What does the city DO NOW...to stem the tide?

So....lets hear it.

More 8 o'clock meetings, more revolving door justice, more pop ups, more marches, more mandates that cops have to play nice?

And the answer is? I and others I am sure are all ears.

Edited by Guido2

So the city has said there's a small percentage of the population that is responsible for a majority of violent crime. They've been through the system...they're known to the authorities. Time to crack down on that "group". Task force, undercover, etc.

And for the love of God, charge these parasites with federal crimes so they're not back on the street in a matter of weeks! The government went to war to stop people from drinking in the 20's...100 years later people are being gunned down on our streets and the "government" doesn't even do so much as bat an eyelash.

Edited by Pickle20

2 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Such a shame. Been to Rowhouse several times. I don't recognize Alex but it hits harder when you put these murders into some kind of personal context. My sister also lives about 10 mins away by foot. Scary, scary, scary.

The families of victims need to start suing the city. I'm sure when they arrest this POS that his rap sheet will be as long as all the other violent criminals in this city.

The blood of the innocent is on the judges, DA's and juries of this city.

I doubt that he juries are going to put away 'mama's boy, my cousin, my uncle, my buddy, my dealer, my my. my. Face it...it is a very closed ahhhhh society that is NOT going to put one of their boys away.

I know it is impossible with  'the peers thingy' but the only way they can put a lot of the bad guys away is a true and impartial jury.

BTW that 'a jury of my peers' is a farce....in english that means anyone that is not involved with legal stuff pertaining to the case directly.

As proof....I had jury duty in BC last month and was selected....the accused....never graduated from HS, never held a steady job, not married

( I say his GF in the hallway with a baby), has a rap sheet ...etc. And I was selected; a old white guy, with advanced degrees,  a former cop, had his house robbed, told them of that during selection process and was questioned at lenght by the judge...I said I 'thought' I could be fair but I was not confident I could.....and honest answer ..is it not? I was still selected.

So am I his peer? What does that say?

Maybe BC better change the algorithms for zip code selection and get more working ..honest citizens on board....not saying there aren't but..... and have judges that disallow rejections by the defending council. A stretch I know...

12 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Time to start moving these trials out of the city.

Juries aren't the problem. Judges are. The state's prisons are full of convicted city residents. The problem is they don't stay there long. 

17 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Juries aren't the problem. Judges are. The state's prisons are full of convicted city residents. The problem is they don't stay there long. 

Take the trials away from the judges then too.

5 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Take the trials away from the judges then too.

Good luck with that. They can keep the trials. Take the sentencing discretion away from them. 

Edited by bmore_ken

I just can't believe that there are HIGHLY PAID people deciding to let repeat violent offenders back on the street where the likelihood of them committing another crime/murder is extremely high. In what world does that happen? I mean, it's 2017!

The public should be up in arms about this, but there is very little outrage about this. It's starting to take shape, but not to the point where things will change.

No, the real outrage is directed toward kneeling NFL players and confederate statues.

What the hell is happening in the world today?

28 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

I just can't believe that there are HIGHLY PAID people deciding to let repeat violent offenders back on the street where the likelihood of them committing another crime/murder is extremely high. In what world does that happen? I mean, it's 2017!

The public should be up in arms about this, but there is very little outrage about this. It's starting to take shape, but not to the point where things will change.

No, the real outrage is directed toward kneeling NFL players and confederate statues.

What the hell is happening in the world today?

There's no outrage mainly because who is being killed in the city. Mostly those on the low rung of the ladder. Kind of like how heroin addiction was no big deal until it started affecting more "affluent" people.

Hmm, white guy, doing nice gesture for the black offender.  Held the door for him. 

Probably a hate crime.

14 minutes ago, overtaxed said:

Hmm, white guy, doing nice gesture for the black offender.  Held the door for him. 

Probably a hate crime.

The suspects in the surveillance video look like crackheads 

They probably robbed him for his cell phone and what little bit of cash he had

7 hours ago, soulflower said:

I’ve been to that Royal Farms late at night dozens of times. No where is safe in Baltimore City 

Youre just figuring that out? 

6 hours ago, soulflower said:

Everywhere that accepted the Obama DOJ consent decree is more violent.

A prep school nerd from Hawaii telling inner city cops how to do their jobs...what could go wrong?

7 hours ago, soulflower said:

Sad. :(

5 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Time to start moving these trials out of the city.

Relatively speaking....it is easy if the prosecutors looked at the records of some of these guys. Many felines in possession of a firearm.

Easzzy peezie................hey feds....cha...ching...........goodbye.

But that requires heavy lifting

23 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Relatively speaking....it is easy if the prosecutors looked at the records of some of these guys. Many felines in possession of a firearm.

Oh Guido. Cats with guns are not the problem! 

;)

3 hours ago, Guido2 said:

You have cat to be kitten me?  :)

Edited by blowboatbethesda

Baltimore is a very violent city because there is no fear of punishment. If violent offenders went away for a minimum of 10 years,  hard time, life for cold blood murder, a few of the zombies might be deterred from eating people's brains. As it is now we must live along side the living dead and their voracious appetite for causing harm. 

We won't see an end to the carnage until drastic measures are taken to address the problem.