Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hank Moody

Murder in Locust Point

190 posts in this topic

There are 58 countries in the world with the death penalty. only 4 in the industrialized world: US, Japan, Taiwan, and Singapore.

LIfe in prison is more prevalent, but only two European countries (maybe our closest analogy) do Britain and the Netherlands. 

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

How can one refuse to answer if one has already answered?

Simply back up your claim, as I do mine.

Be a man, not a fool.

5 minutes ago, naive said:

Simply back up your claim, as I do mine.

Be a man, not a fool.

Ok....you have your think tank against guns....I have mine that is for guns.

https://www.gunowners.org/sk0802htm.htm

BTW you will note that my link has footnoting and a bibliography as verification of sources for its points. Not a summary statement of verified on Nov 7 2017....and then a list of raw data if you work through it.

You can stop now.

Edited by Guido2

14 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Ok....you have your think tank against guns....I have mine that is for guns.

https://www.gunowners.org/sk0802htm.htm

BTW you will note that my link has footnoting and a bibliography as verification of sources for its points. Not a summary statement of verified on Nov 7 2017....and then a list of raw data if you work through it.

You can stop now.

A complete fool.

So full of yourself, and that's not a compliment.

Defeated, you are.

BTW, the number is around 3%. Own it, and keep ignoring the facts. At least that is something you do well. Lying seems to be another thing. When you can't back up a claim you made, that's called a lie, my foolish friend.

You lose, yet again. You're too easy.

Edited by naive

11 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

There are 58 countries in the world with the death penalty. only 4 in the industrialized world: US, Japan, Taiwan, and Singapore.

LIfe in prison is more prevalent, but only two European countries (maybe our closest analogy) do Britain and the Netherlands. 

That is good information Sparky1. Now the question begs....for those countires that do have a life term....or for that matter even if they don't ....when they say life...or 50,40,30 ....years....do the bad guys serve that time entirely?

Further and more importantly, if a law in those countries says MANDATORY. punishment...it means MANDATORY punishment. Not something that is plea bargained away as it is in BC.

You see ....these are the peripheral points....that no one takes into account....but could have a direct bearing on low crime rates in countries with strict gun laws.

I read a little about Australia and guns and crime. First off....the 'confiscation' was not what many play it out to be. It was voluntary and owners were compensated for turning them in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_buyback_program#Australia

Now...how their judical system works that is another issue. I beleve that they have no death penalty..but does 60 years mean 60 years there?

That is a tough one to determine. But a fellow that I know  In Australia seems to imply in conversations that our justice/punishment system is a joke compared to Australia. But that is one persons opinion....maybe 'DownUnder' has thoughts.

13 minutes ago, naive said:

A complete fool.

So full of yourself, and that's not a compliment.

Defeated, you are.

BTW, the number is around 3%. Own it, and keep ignoring the facts. At least that is something you do well. Lying seems to be another thing. When you can't back up a claim you made, that's called a lie, my foolish friend.

You lose, yet again. You're too easy.

AS I said ... that is why I don't bother giving you facts. You don't accept them anyway.

BTW where did this magical 3% come from? For that matter.... 3% of what?

You really got to start writing in complete thoughts. Put down the smartphone...use a computer...that may help...

Edited by Guido2

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

That is good information Sparky1. Now the question begs....for those countires that do have a life term....or for that matter even if they don't ....when they say life...or 50,40,30 ....years....do the bad guys serve that time entirely?

Further and more importantly, if a law in those countries says MANDATORY. punishment...it means MANDATORY punishment. Not something that is plea bargained away as it is in BC.

You see ....these are the peripheral points....that no one takes into account....but could have a direct bearing on low crime rates in countries with strict gun laws.

I read a little about Australia and guns and crime. First off....the 'confiscation' was not what many play it out to be. It was voluntary and owners were compensated for turning them in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_buyback_program#Australia

Now...how their judical system works that is another issue. I beleve that they have no death penalty..but does 60 years mean 60 years there?

That is a tough one to determine. But a fellow that I know  In Australia seems to imply in conversations that our justice/punishment system is a joke compared to Australia. But that is one persons opinion....maybe 'DownUnder' has thoughts.

How long is long enough? If someone does 60 years of a life sentence and is released as an 84 year old is society again in danger?

repurchase is much more likely than confiscation. The problem with mandatory punishment is that it is essentially computer generated punishment. The reason we have human judges is so that they can use their human judgement. 

It is hard to say that we are not already tough on crime. We have more people on percentage basis in jail than any other country on earth. Prison rates in the US are the world's highest, at 724 people per 100,000.  There must be something else going on. 

13 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

AS I said ... that is why I don't bother giving you facts. You don't accept them anyway.

BTW where did this magical 3% come from? For that matter.... 3% of what?

You really got to start writing in complete thoughts. Put down the smartphone...use a computer...that may help...

You've given no facts. You've made claims you can't back up. Mine are well documented.  Quit while you're defeated. Don't bury yourself in your trivial pschycobabble.

6 minutes ago, naive said:

You've given no facts. You've made claims you can't back up. Mine are well documented.  Quit while you're defeated. Don't bury yourself in your trivial pschycobabble.

Your axle deep in the mud and still spinning  your wheels. Hey ....over there....a straw....another one for  you to grab at.

BTW it is spelled psychobabble.not pschycobabble.  Just trying to help.

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Your axle deep in the mud and still spinning  your wheels. Hey ....over there....a straw....another one for  you to grab at.

BTW it is spelled psychobabble.not pschycobabble.  Just trying to help.

Done making you look like a fool today. Enjoy your day of posting foolishness. Non stop, all day, all night.

24 minutes ago, naive said:

Done making you look like a fool today. Enjoy your day of posting foolishness. Non stop, all day, all night.

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz     ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

2 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

A third arrest has been made.

What kind of human female takes her son on a robbery murder? I wonder how many more offspring she has lurking on corners and around convenience stores, waiting.

Good that they were all caught. You can be sure they will be in jail for decades and decades till they all die in cages. Good.

9 hours ago, naive said:

I did ....mine had a ton of footnotes, professional references, bibliography etc . And ALL from multiple sources.

Yours on the other had has none of that and your ahhhh numbers are not verified....other than the page you selected printed them so .... you didn't.

Here this might help end your confusion:

Definition of fact

1 a :something that has actual existence
  • space exploration is now a fact
b :an actual occurrence
  • prove the fact of damage
2 :a piece of information presented as having objective reality
  • These are the hard facts of the case

So please use snip-it or whatever....show me MULTIPLE sources of verification....not some gun hating guns site made up numbers

Edited by Guido2

1 hour ago, prodigalson1 said:

What kind of human female takes her son on a robbery murder? I wonder how many more offspring she has lurking on corners and around convenience stores, waiting.

Good that they were all caught. You can be sure they will be in jail for decades and decades till they all die in cages. Good.

Her picture has been plastered all over news media outlets. You can see her first hand.