Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naive

5 dead in Northern California shooting that ended at elementary school

44 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, naive said:

Not a Muslim, so we shall simply pray while we wait to see how mental illness played a part.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-3-dead-northern-california-shooting-ended-elementary-school-193706664.html

Well, the last paragraph of your link suggests mental illness played a part, doesn't it?  The big question is: Did these neighbors report his behavior to anybody?

“The crazy thing is that the neighbor has been shooting a lot of bullets lately, hundreds of rounds, large magazines,” Flint said. “This guy has been crazy, and he’s been threatening us and everything. I just feel like there maybe should have been more effort put into stopping things like this.”

RIP to those 5 souls.

I await the words of wisdom from the MAGA president.

1 minute ago, Struds said:

Well, the last paragraph of your link suggests mental illness played a part, doesn't it?  The big question is: Did these neighbors report his behavior to anybody?

“The crazy thing is that the neighbor has been shooting a lot of bullets lately, hundreds of rounds, large magazines,” Flint said. “This guy has been crazy, and he’s been threatening us and everything. I just feel like there maybe should have been more effort put into stopping things like this.”

He is probably white so the neighbors thought everybody would be safe because whites don't commit acts of terrorism.

5 minutes ago, Struds said:

Unless a Muslim is involved, mental illness plays a part in all the mass shootings. We shall now dive deep into the guys psyche to figure out what part of his mental illness drew him to take his, likely legally owned guns, and open fire. 

While we are investigating that, we should pray, and work hard on our immigration policies.

But you are correct, the neighbor should have alerted authorities of their concerns.

Edited by naive

Another article.

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-norcal-elementary-school-shooting-20171114-story.html

"I thought this only happens to places like L.A. or New York," said Jose Garcia, owner of La Fortune Convenience, told the Los Angeles Times.

"It's a great community," she said. "I am hoping it doesn't get some kind of bad rap because of one person in one area."

Apparently, this area of Northern California is isolated from the rest of the USA.

29 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

whites don't commit acts of terrorism.

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

2 hours ago, naive said:

Unless a Muslim is involved, mental illness plays a part in all the mass shootings.

False.  Muslims who do such things are also mentally ill.  Regligion preys upon, and breeds mental illness.

I will pray for the victims, their families and for Congress to enact some common sense gun control measures. 

39 minutes ago, Calamari said:

More people who paid the 2nd amendment tax.

I think bullets should be taxed to the point they are unaffordable.

I feel really bad for Congress. They are trying to find a lull in the shootings to pass a bill loosening up gun laws some more, and they just can't get a break.

39 minutes ago, alienrace said:

False.  Muslims who do such things are also mentally ill.  Regligion preys upon, and breeds mental illness.

So when is the last time you popped into one of our ubiquitous "muslims gonna gitcha" threads to say that?

44 minutes ago, alienrace said:

If only there were no religions. Be a lot less hatred toward or fellowmen.

Maybe, I think it would just get tarted up as something else though. I suspect religion is window dressing.

29 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

I think bullets should be taxed to the point they are unaffordable.

Excellent idea! We know guns will be here forever, let's charge 25 grand/bullet. People may then be a bit more selective in using them.

Look at the lengths our federal and local governments have gone through when it comes to cigarettes, as they posed a hazard to those that don't smoke. The results of their efforts have been fantastic. 

2 minutes ago, naive said:

Excellent idea! We know guns will be here forever, let's charge 25 grand/bullet. People may then be a bit more selective in using them.

Look at the lengths our federal and local governments have gone through when it comes to cigarettes, as they posed a hazard to those that don't smoke. The results of their efforts have been fantastic. 

Indeed. The gun lobby should be taxed to cover the medical expenses of their victims.

Edited by hst2

21 minutes ago, naive said:

If only there were no religions. Be a lot less hatred toward or fellowmen.

I disagree. There are good religious people. Some are fanatics and hypocrites but not all.

16 minutes ago, naive said:

There’s no constitutional right to rounds. It could effectively end mass shootings.

9 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

I disagree. There are good religious people. Some are fanatics and hypocrites but not all.

Agree wholeheartedly.

28 minutes ago, naive said:

11 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

There’s no constitutional right to rounds. It could effectively end mass shootings.

Ignoring the fact that something like that will never be passed on a national level, what do you think would happen if it did pass?  It would instantly create a black market for ammo.  As long as it exists, someone will be willing to sell it at an affordable price.  You would just be changing where the profit margin goes.  

9 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

Ignoring the fact that something like that will never be passed on a national level, what do you think would happen if it did pass?  It would instantly create a black market for ammo.  As long as it exists, someone will be willing to sell it at an affordable price.  You would just be changing where the profit margin goes.  

Those people don’t anything about firearms. I know sportsmen who make their own rounds.

53 minutes ago, naive said:

Loading your own bullets is reasonably easy

1 hour ago, Bawlmerian said:

Loading your own bullets is reasonably easy

I am surprised you know that. 

1 hour ago, Manny said:

I am surprised you know that. 

I would think a person like you is surprised every time the sun comes up

Edited by Bawlmerian