Marshan Man

Baltimore homicide detective shot near violent West Baltimore corner

507 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Just announced the officer has passed away.

Condolences to the family and his brothers in blue.

RIP Detective, and condolences to his family. 

OK,... so first some house cleaning. I used some very poor judgement last night when writing out some of my posts. I'm very guilty of letting my familiarity and closeness to this young officer get the better of me, and I ended up disclosing some information I should not have. While nothing I said was inaccurate or untrue, my timing and objectivity was,... well, just plain awful. I've been here for some time now and many of you know that I speak my mind and will argue my point. Those of you who know that, also know that when I am wrong,... I own it! You've never seen me lean on excuses or twisted justification in the face of poor judgement and/or stupidity on my part. 

Shortly, there will be a new conference where the department will disclose any and all that they feel is appropriate. 

I will say this,... my heart goes out to some very good friends on the lost of their loved one. I've known this kid for many many years and consider him a part of my family. I remember the day he joined the department, I remember the day he came home from his final tour of duty in Iraq. I remember the day he separated from the military,... I remember many moments with and about him. And right now those memories are bitter sweet. 

I stopped posting late last night to make certain I didn't type any more stupidity. Instead, I choose to spend the time with friends and former co-workers. We just sat around and talked about Sean,... sometimes laughing and sometimes silent.

Now that all the family has arrived,... it is now left to his lovely wife to make the hardest call she will, more than likely, ever have to make. I pray for her,... I pray for Sean and his family. I pray for this city!

I used to worry about Sean making his early morning and mid-night commutes up and down 83 to the state line,... seems that was the cakewalk for him.

If I offended any one last night, I apologize!

Edited by ericpd

The news conference is going on across the street from where I work, I knew it was bad news.  RIP Detective Suiter and condolences to your family.

May he rest in peace.

Perhaps it's time to have a mayor like Wilson Goode.

7 minutes ago, ericpd said:

OK,... so first some house cleaning. I used some very poor judgement last night when writing out some of my posts. I'm very guilty of letting my familiarity and closeness to this young officer get the better of me, and I ended up saying somethings I should not have. I've been here for some time now and many of you know that I speak my mind and will argue my point. Those of you who know that also know that when I am wrong,... I own it!

Shortly, there will be a new conference where the department will disclose any and all that they feel is appropriate. 

I will say this,... my heart goes out to my very good friend on the lost of his child. I've known this kid for many many years and consider him a part of my family. I remember the day he joined the department, I remember the day he came home from his final tour of duty in Iraq. I remember the day he celebrated from the military,... I remember many moments with him. And right now those memories are bitter sweet. 

I stopped posting late last night to make certain I didn't type any more stupidity. Instead, I choose to spend the time with friends and former co-workers. We just sat around and talked about Sean,... sometimes laughing and sometimes silent.

Now that all family has arrived,... it is now left to his lovely wife to make the hardest call she will more than likely ever have to make. I pray for her,... I pray for Sean and his family. I pray for this city!

I used to worry about Sean making his early morning and mid-night commutes up and down 83,... that was the cakewalk.

Not at all.

My condolences on your loss as well. 

12 minutes ago, ericpd said:

OK,... so first some house cleaning. I used some very poor judgement last night when writing out some of my posts. I'm very guilty of letting my familiarity and closeness to this young officer get the better of me, and I ended up saying somethings I should not have. I've been here for some time now and many of you know that I speak my mind and will argue my point. Those of you who know that also know that when I am wrong,... I own it!

I will say this,... my heart goes out to my very good friend on the lost of his child. I've known this kid for many many years and consider him a part of my family. I remember the day he joined the department, I remember the day he came home from his final tour of duty in Iraq. I remember the day he celebrated from the military,... I remember many moments with him. And right now those memories are bitter sweet. 

Now that all family has arrived,... it is now left to his lovely wife to make the hardest call she will more than likely ever have to make. I pray for her,... I pray for Sean and his family. I pray for this city!

I used to worry about Sean making his early morning and mid-night commutes up and down 83,... that was the cakewalk.

So sorry that this has hit so close to home for you. My condolences to you and to the family of your good friend. 

40 minutes ago, ericpd said:

OK,... so first some house cleaning. I used some very poor judgement last night when writing out some of my posts. I'm very guilty of letting my familiarity and closeness to this young officer get the better of me, and I ended up disclosing some information I should not have. While nothing I said was inaccurate or untrue, my timing and objectivity was,... well, just plain awful. I've been here for some time now and many of you know that I speak my mind and will argue my point. Those of you who know that, also know that when I am wrong,... I own it! You've never seen me lean on excuses or twisted justification for in the face of my poor judgement or stupidity. 

I will say this,... my heart goes out to some very good friends on the lost of their loved one. I've known this kid for many many years and consider him a part of my family. I remember the day he joined the department, I remember the day he came home from his final tour of duty in Iraq. I remember the day he separated from the military,... I remember many moments with and about him. And right now those memories are bitter sweet. 

Nothing to apologize for, grief is a beotch and we all handle differently.

Horrible news. My sincere condolences go out to to the family, friends, and fellow officers of Detective Suiter. May he rest in peace.

This city will break your heart. 

Seems as though the media got some bio info a little shifted. Sean wasn't Navy and wasn't an Officer. He was Army E8,... Tops!

ericpd, I was hoping you were wrong last night. My condolences on the loss of your friend. My heart aches for his family.  

What a tragedy.

Hope they find this guy quickly before he kills again.

RIP and condolences. Gotten to the point where I should just copy and past that phrase when needed.

Any mongrel like this turdball who is willing to shoot a cop in the head in broad daylight is a danger to every single person in your city.

Stop coddling and hiding the violent vermin.  

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-detective-thursday-20171116-story.html

The Baltimore homicide detective who was shot in the head on Wednesday has died, police said.  Police identified the officer as Det. Sean Suiter, an 18-year veteran of the city police force and a husband and father of five. In an email to the department, Police Commissioner Kevin Davis said he died surrounded by his family.

“His tragic death will forever impact the BPD,” Davis wrote in the email obtained by The Baltimore Sun. “Each of you go out there and put your lives on the line every single day. The importance of your sacrifice, and Sean’s, can’t be overstated.”  Baltimore Police and their federal partners continued a massive manhunt Thursday for the suspect. Authorities offered a $69,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.

Condolences to his family.

1 hour ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Just announced the officer has passed away.

Condolences to the family and his brothers in blue.

Oh God. no. :(

What a shame his Black Life didn't Matter enough for the blacks to march in support of his widow and five (now) fatherless children.

I just got an alert that Gov Hogan has added $100k to the reward making it now $169,000.

That should draw someone out with info...I hope. 

Just now, Glengarry said:

What a shame his Black Life didn't Matter enough for the blacks to march in support of his widow and five (now) fatherless children.

They already have. His black life isn't an exception to BLM just because he was a cop. He could have just as easily been pulled over for a minor offense and  been beaten, maimed or killed by other officers for the crime of DWB. We've seen it happen to black officers time and time again. Perhaps you could start another thread about it instead of attempting to derail this one?