Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scaggsville

Sen Al Franken Caught up in Groping Scandal

763 posts in this topic

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/360656-woman-accuses-al-franken-of-kissing-groping-her-without-consent

A TV host and sports broadcaster on Thursday accused Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) of kissing and groping her without her consent in 2006. Leeann Tweeden accused Franken of groping her, without her consent, while she was asleep and provided a photo as evidence.

Edited by Scaggsville

Gropegate 2017 - when the sleaze of Congress finally broke the dam.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

I believe her. What a jerk.

You should since there is actually a photo of Franken with his hands on her breasts while she is asleep on a Military aircraft.

I wonder how that weasel will talk him self out that?

2 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

You should since there is actually a photo of Franken with his hands on her breasts while she is asleep on a Military aircraft.

Yes, I saw the picture. I was referring to the incident she describes backstage where he coerced her into ‘rehearsing’ kissing.

I would guess his defense of the picture will be ‘juvenile antics’ he’s very sorry, he’s grown since, etc...

3 minutes ago, songfourone said:

I believe her but isn't she wearing a flak jacket?

And the excuses start.

8 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Yeah, I saw the picture. Bad taste? Yes. Sexual assault? It doesn't look to me that he was even touching anything.

Edited by ncbirdfan

2 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Yeah, I saw the picture. Bad taste? Yes. Sexual assault? It doesn't look to me that he was even touching anything.

Uh huh, but just talling about real or not is the worst thing ever.....

This place gets more bizarre daily.

14 minutes ago, songfourone said:

I believe her but isn't she wearing a flak jacket?

So what if she's wearing a flak jacket?

7 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

So what if she's wearing a flak jacket?

:rolleyes:

Read the article. Has nothing to do with the picture. I'll hold judgement till ALL the evidence is in.

6 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Read the article. Has nothing to do with the picture. I'll hold judgement till ALL the evidence is in.

I agree with this. The photo alone really isn't much IMHO. When I was in college it was common to take pictures of those sleeping in "staged" compromising positions for laughs. It could be as innocent as putting a teddy bear in their arms or something more revealing. Heck, one guy got his eyebrows shaved. Till this day he is still mad over it, but it was legendary to others.

16 minutes ago, songfourone said:

At what thickness of clothing does it become appropriate?

Its disgusting and not funny. I though Franken would be above this sort of thing.

Edited by hst2

3 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

I agree with this. The photo alone really isn't much IMHO. When I was in college it was common to take pictures of those sleeping in "staged" compromising positions for laughs. It could be as innocent as putting a teddy bear in their arms or something more revealing. Heck, one guy got his eyebrows shaved. Till this day he is still mad over it, but it was legendary to others.

Things like what you describe taking place between men is pretty different than this picture. A person more versed in feminism than I can probably articulate this better but behavior like Franken’s is still problematic to me and indicative of a mindset that says ‘look at me sexually degrade this woman, boy isn’t this hysterical’.

Senator Franken should step down and the Democrats should kick them out, especially after all of the holier-than-thou posturing they've been making as of late.  Downplaying it because his victim was wearing  flak is just trying to justify whether or not it is acceptable behavior based on how many layers of clothing a woman has on. It was also a lot more than just that one staged photograph. Things happened before that according to the woman.

Woman accuses Al Franken of kissing, groping her without consent

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/woman-accuses-al-franken-of-kissing-groping-her-without-consent/ar-BBF2Snk

Leeann Tweeden accused Franken of groping her, without her consent, while she was asleep and provided a photo as evidence.

KABC anchor: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It https://t.co/lG4A1ZTUhC pic.twitter.com/EYIzr9ok2s

…Tweeden also said she fell asleep while on the plane back to the U.S. She said is wasn't until she saw the photo of Franken groping her that she told her husband what had happened and showed him the photo.

10 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

At what thickness of clothing does it become appropriate?

Would you like to share with the class the posts of you calling out Roy Moore?

:D

Yeah, heck.  Roy Moore didn't make that 14 year old girl touch his junk.  He was wearing underwear!

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Things like what you describe taking place between men is pretty different than this picture. A person more versed in feminism than I can probably articulate this better but behavior like Franken’s is still problematic to me and indicative of a mindset that says ‘look at me sexually degrade this woman, boy isn’t this hysterical’.

I agree. In no way am I saying this is appropriate; it just isn't sexual assault or rape. It shows poor taste. If he didn't get any training since then it would be advisable for him to get some. But this is a far cry from someone taking the clothes off an underage girl and and encouraging that underage girl to touch him. IMO there is a huge difference between these cases. It doesn't mean what Franken did was OK. It was wrong. But, unless further information comes out, it is really not much. I wonder if he ever apologized for it?

Edited by ncbirdfan

10 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

Yeah, heck.  Roy Moore didn't make that 14 year old girl touch his junk.  He was wearing underwear!

Uh huh.

Looks like a dumb, tasteless joke. Disappointing but not comparable to the vastly more horrible behavior by Republicans. Not even sure if he's actually touching her in that picture or not. 

Al Franken ... typical male pig

On the day of the show Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, “We need to rehearse the kiss.” I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, ‘Relax Al, this isn’t SNL…we don’t need to rehearse the kiss.’

He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable.

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.

I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time.

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/

Same as Ted Kennedy

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=Z8UNWomVHIzLmwHv1KDYCg&q=TED+KENNEDY+WAITRESS&oq=TED+KENNEDY+WAITRESS&gs_l=psy-ab.3...3712.19853.0.21933.20.20.0.0.0.0.118.1746.14j6.20.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.14.1370...0j0i131k1j0i131i46k1j46i131k1.0.Zd8WAgdBi6k

What will be interesting is who is implicated in the taxpayer payouts ($15 million) to victims of Congress persons

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-congress-plays-by-different-rules-on-sexual-harassment-and-misconduct/2017/10/26/2b9a8412-b80c-11e7-9e58-e6288544af98_story.html?utm_term=.f6d07bab86b1

Franken should publicly apologize to the woman and if more women come forward accusing him of unwanted advances, he should resign