Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scaggsville

Sen Al Franken Caught up in Groping Scandal

763 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

That doesn’t necessarily matter. This will be a general issue used to rally turnout nationally in November.

That it will do but it alone won’t pick off seats.

22 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

What’s funny is 20 years ago the GOP sang a different tune.

What’s even funnier, is that 20 years ago, all the lib women gave Bill Clinton a pass on his well documented sexual abuse, because of, well, policy. . Now , the same women, are waxing nostalgic, on how they would asserted themselves differently. Truly laughable. 

22 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

What’s even funnier, is that 20 years ago, all the lib women gave Bill Clinton a pass on his well documented sexual abuse, because of, well, policy. . Now , the same women, are waxing nostalgic, on how they would asserted themselves differently. Truly laughable. 

What's even funnier, is that 20 years ago, it was only the 6th of December. 

9 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

No one is trying to deprive any of these men of life, liberty, or property though. Franken is perfectly welcome to go the Moore route and claim it's all a manufactured conspiracy by his enemies, 'hell no, I won't go' and all that. Besides, what exactly would due process consist of here?

“Due process” in this case, is, in my opinion, an opportunity to have the people of Minnesota speak on the issue.  Having the Senate Ethics Committee investigate this is similar to having the whore master looking for chastity in a well-traveled whore house.

Were I Franken today, I would not resign.  I would say that I am taking a couple of weeks over the holidays to go back to Minnesota and talk to the people of my state.  That I intended to hold town halls, in both public and private forums, and that I would be asking the people who put me in the Senate if they want me to stay there.  I would bring with me a signed, but undated letter of resignation and I would conduct straw polls, both at the forums and across the state.

If, at the end of the tour of the state, the people wanted me to leave, I would date the letter, hand it to McConnell and pack my bags.

If the people of Minnesota wanted me to stay, I would tell those calling for my head this morning which part of my anatomy they could kiss and I would go back to work.

8 hours ago, jtowne-swim said:

Not according to the Constitution.

Really?  I was referring to the US Constitution.  To which one are you referring?

10 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

No one is trying to deprive any of these men of life, liberty, or property though. Franken is perfectly welcome to go the Moore route and claim it's all a manufactured conspiracy by his enemies, 'hell no, I won't go' and all that. Besides, what exactly would due process consist of here?

So, in order to keep their jobs, we the people, are saying that they should lie and call their accusers liars; but, if they tell the truth and apologize, off with their heads?

Conyers stepped down.  Now, Franken has to do the same.  If he doesn't it will be a very clear example of another liberal exercising white privilege.

1 hour ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

“Due process” in this case, is, in my opinion, an opportunity to have the people of Minnesota speak on the issue.  Having the Senate Ethics Committee investigate this is similar to having the whore master looking for chastity in a well-traveled whore house.

Were I Franken today, I would not resign.  I would say that I am taking a couple of weeks over the holidays to go back to Minnesota and talk to the people of my state.  That I intended to hold town halls, in both public and private forums, and that I would be asking the people who put me in the Senate if they want me to stay there.  I would bring with me a signed, but undated letter of resignation and I would conduct straw polls, both at the forums and across the state.

If, at the end of the tour of the state, the people wanted me to leave, I would date the letter, hand it to McConnell and pack my bags.

If the people of Minnesota wanted me to stay, I would tell those calling for my head this morning which part of my anatomy they could kiss and I would go back to work.

Hammer, meet nail.

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

Conyers stepped down.  Now, Franken has to do the same.  If he doesn't it will be a very clear example of another liberal exercising white privilege.

Yet that cancer Moore is still hanging around like a bad case of the clap with a in your face example of red neck white trash. 

Pains me to say it, but the dems are at least trying to appear like they are taking the high road despite their history of defending another known sexual predator 20+ years ago.

6 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Yet that cancer Moore is still hanging around like a bad case of the clap with a in your face example of red neck white trash. 

Pains me to say it, but the dems are at least trying to appear like they are taking the high road despite their history of defending another known sexual predator 20+ years ago.

I think the plan is for Moore to win and then face due process and removal if found guilty.  The difference between Moore, aside from being unfit as a judge, and Conyers and Moore is that there are definite smoking guns in the case of Conyers and Franken. 

Democrats went after Conyers and are going after Franken IMHO because their attacks on Moore caused unexpected blowback that makes them look like hypocrites.  The exposure of their allies in Hollyweird didn't help their self-righteousness any either.  As it turned out, everyone knew about Weinstein and still were happy to pose with him and other predators and take the money raised. 

In Conyers case, corruption runs in the family - wife, son, nephew. 

5 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

I think the plan is for Moore to win and then face due process and removal if found guilty.  The difference between Moore, aside from being unfit as a judge, and Conyers and Moore is that there are definite smoking guns in the case of Conyers and Franken. 

Democrats went after Conyers and are going after Franken IMHO because their attacks on Moore caused unexpected blowback that makes them look like hypocrites.  The exposure of their allies in Hollyweird didn't help their self-righteousness any either.  As it turned out, everyone knew about Weinstein and still were happy to pose with him and other predators and take the money raised. 

In Conyers case, corruption runs in the family - wife, son, nephew. 

So, if you are expecting due process with Moore, why not the same for Franklin? Double standards on display? And I'm not quite as up to date on Conyers and his family. You must have a lot of inside knowledge on them to make such blanket convictions on them.

22 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

In all of this, we have to ask, "Does the punishment meet the crime? If Franklin is forced to resign when there were no lawsuits or civil/criminal cases against him, should other politicians who actually have had lawsuits and civil/criminal cases be also forced to resign? Should politicians that have done far worse than Franklin also immediately resign?"

Edited by ncbirdfan

11 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

So, if you are expecting due process with Moore, why not the same for Franklin? Double standards on display? And I'm not quite as up to date on Conyers and his family. You must have a lot of inside knowledge on them to make such blanket convictions on them.

Due process for Republicans means supporting Moore and voting for him.

23 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

In all of this, we have to ask, "Does the punishment meet the crime? If Franklin is forced to resign when there were no lawsuits or civil/criminal cases against him, should other politicians who actually have had lawsuits and civil/criminal cases be also forced to resign? Should politicians that have done far worse than Franklin also immediately resign?"

It's a new world out there with #me too and Franken just had is inappropriate behavior come at the wrong time and will pay for it.

Not to mention his apology laced with "I don't recall the events happening that way, or I take pictures with thousands of people" makes his apology unbelievable at best. 

Before you go on about Moore see my above post.

44 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

It's a new world out there with #me too and Franken just had is inappropriate behavior come at the wrong time and will pay for it.

Not to mention his apology laced with "I don't recall the events happening that way, or I take pictures with thousands of people" makes his apology unbelievable at best. 

Before you go on about Moore see my above post.

So at least you are admitting there are double standards here. And I really don't get how you think his "I take thousands of pictures..." is unbelievable. Did he know this woman before the pic? If so, then maybe it's unbelievable. Did she say anything to him at the time? If so, then it would be unbelievable. Did her husband who took the shot say or do anything at the time? If so, then, yes, it is unbelievable. But from what I gather it was a random photo op at the state fair. And she said it happened in about 3 seconds. Tell me, is it provable that there was intent or maybe it was unintentional and blown way out of proportion?

1 hour ago, ivanbalt said:

No "due process" means charging, trying and punishing him if found guilty.  Same for Conyers and Frankin, et al.

1 hour ago, ncbirdfan said:

You should be complaining to those leaders in Franken's own Democratic Party and other Democrats who are now calling on him to step down. 

The legal problems of the Conyers family have been long reported.  Conyers' wife Monica went to prison for being convicted of bribery.  His son's legal problems were also reported.  Look it up.  It ain't hard to do.  Search engines are your friend.

1 hour ago, ivanbalt said:

Again, take it up with the Democrats who are demanding that he step down. 

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

You should be complaining to those leaders in Franken's own Democratic Party and other Democrats who are now calling on him to step down. 

The legal problems of the Conyers family have been long reported.  Conyers' wife Monica went to prison for being convicted of bribery.  His son's legal problems were also reported.  Look it up.  It ain't hard to do.  Search engines are your friend.

By Jeebers! Why should I look it up when I have you. And yes, I am complaining about the Democrats; unless they have some important information that the rest of us are not privy to, they are just bowing to pressure. In all of the recent accusations Franken has been the most honest and contrite.

5 minutes ago, workerbee said:

No "due process" means charging, trying and punishing him if found guilty.  Same for Conyers and Frankin, et al.

But with Moore has publicly denied it but he already admitted his guilt by saying things like "I asked their mothers for permission" like that makes it OK for a 30-something to date a 14-year old. Then there are pastors that say he only dated underage girls because he couldn't find any women who were "pure" at his age. It's really sick.

20 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

So at least you are admitting there are double standards here. And I really don't get how you think his "I take thousands of pictures..." is unbelievable. Did he know this woman before the pic? If so, then maybe it's unbelievable. Did she say anything to him at the time? If so, then it would be unbelievable. Did her husband who took the shot say or do anything at the time? If so, then, yes, it is unbelievable. But from what I gather it was a random photo op at the state fair. And she said it happened in about 3 seconds. Tell me, is it provable that there was intent or maybe it was unintentional and blown way out of proportion?

There is like 7 that came forward about Franken as we speak.  You wish to call them all liars then you are really know better than the Alabama voters.

You need to read up some, you are like two weeks back on this story.

8 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

There is like 7 that came forward about Franken as we speak.  You wish to call them all liars then you are really know better than the Alabama voters.

I'm not calling them anything since I don't know the details in the cases. I'm just saying the punishment does not fit the crime. What is he being accused of? Does it equal having sexual relations with underage girls?  What Moore has done is despicable and creepy. If you disagree with this, then I really don't know what to say.

Edited by ncbirdfan

14 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

By Jeebers! Why should I look it up when I have you. And yes, I am complaining about the Democrats; unless they have some important information that the rest of us are not privy to, they are just bowing to pressure. In all of the recent accusations Franken has been the most honest and contrite.

You should look it up because you were either ignorant of what I posted or just because knowing what you're talking about is a good thing when you decide to question someone about the veracity of their statement. 

Franken hasn't been honest or contrite beyond mouthing the words.  In fact, his defense has come down to "That's not the way I remember it" and "I've met so many people". 

9 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Agree.  No better at all.  The thrust of the excuse he and others seem to be doing lately is that underage is bad - and it definitely is - and anything else gets a pass despite all of the accusations and even photographic evidence - and it's definitely not.

And that poster conveniently forgets that Franken is one of the big "accusers should be believed" members of Congress.

3 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

I'm not calling them anything since I don't know the details in the cases. I'm just saying the punishment does not fit the crime. What is he being accused of? Does it equal having sexual relations with underage girls?  What Moore has done is despicable and creepy. If you disagree with this, then I really don't know what to say.

I made it clear countless times that what Moore did is despicable and he shouldn't be elected for a sewer cleaner.

You what tit for tat but as an adult you should know it doesn't always work out that way.

Regardless, what Franken did while claiming to be an advocate for women he should be punished to the max by his party even if Moore wasn't even running anymore.

You keep claiming the one case but that has been  multiplied by 7 as we speak.