Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scaggsville

Sen Al Franken Caught up in Groping Scandal

763 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

I made it clear countless times that what Moore did is despicable and he shouldn't be elected for a sewer cleaner.

You what tit for tat but as an adult you should know it doesn't always work out that way.

Regardless, what Franken did while claiming to be an advocate for women he should be punished to the max by his party even if Moore wasn't even running anymore.

You keep claiming the one case but that has been  multiplied by 7 as we speak.

Franken should be punished, but resigning is too severe for what he is accused of doing. If he does anything moving on, it would warrant a resignation/charges. Moore should also be punished, but rather than getting punished, the GOP is giving him money and assistance in his campaign. This is not tit for tat. This is doing the right thing. And if you are going to go this route, since there are now 8 accusers for Franken, why shouldn't Trump step down (or anyone else who has accusations against him) resign as well? Why just Franken (and he hasn't even had anyone file official charges against him)?

22 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Franken should be punished, but resigning is too severe for what he is accused of doing. If he does anything moving on, it would warrant a resignation/charges. Moore should also be punished, but rather than getting punished, the GOP is giving him money and assistance in his campaign. This is not tit for tat. This is doing the right thing. And if you are going to go this route, since there are now 8 accusers for Franken, why shouldn't Trump step down (or anyone else who has accusations against him) resign as well? Why just Franken (and he hasn't even had anyone file official charges against him)?

All of your whataboutisms aside, you better get on the phone right now and call Franken's office before Stuart Smalley resigns in just a short while. 

12 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

All of your whataboutisms aside, you better get on the phone right now and call Franken's office before Stuart Smalley resigns in just a short while. 

I have to hand it to you. You learn a new term and you keep pushing it - even when it doesn't fit your accusations. 

Edited by Baltimatt

Just now, michiganjoe said:

Direct shot at both Trump and Moore in the resignation speech was a very nice touch.

Yep

It's official.  Stuart's gone. 

Doggone it, I guess people didn't like him as much as he thought.  

2 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

Direct shot at both Trump and Moore in the resignation speech was a very nice touch.

We need more politicians like him. I am listening to his speech now. Before all this happened I really didn't have any feelings one way or another for Franken. But he has shown to be contrite in an arena of falsities. He seems to be a good man caught up in a lynch mob atmosphere.

Edited by ncbirdfan

1 hour ago, ncbirdfan said:

But with Moore has publicly denied it but he already admitted his guilt by saying things like "I asked their mothers for permission" like that makes it OK for a 30-something to date a 14-year old. Then there are pastors that say he only dated underage girls because he couldn't find any women who were "pure" at his age. It's really sick.

[[Sigh]].  He never asked the 14 year old accuser's parents anything. He did admit to asking the legal aged parents for permission to date.  The "girls"... were considered legal in Al at the time.  I'm hoping you didn't know that.

1 minute ago, workerbee said:

[[Sigh]].  He never asked the 14 year old accuser's parents anything. He did admit to asking the legal aged parents for permission to date.  The "girls"... were considered legal in Al at the time.  I'm hoping you didn't know that.

You are right, he did not ask the mother of the 14-year old for permission. And no, 14 is not legal age in any state. The others were border line and still creepy for a 30+ year old to target.

“There is some irony that I am leaving while a man who bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office, and a man who preyed on young girls runs for Senate with the full support of his party,” said Franken, referencing President Trump and Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/al-franken-resigns-senate-sexual-misconduct-allegations-165337635.html

Some irony? A whole freaking bunch of irony.

Proves that RWNJ's are party over country 24/7.

7 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

You are right, he did not ask the mother of the 14-year old for permission. And no, 14 is not legal age in any state. The others were border line and still creepy for a 30+ year old to target.

To me it doesn't matter if 14 was the legal age then or not.  A 30+ year old wanting to "date" a 14, 15 or even 16 year old is disgusting.

1 minute ago, mrsmlh said:

To me it doesn't matter if 14 was the legal age then or not.  A 30+ year old wanting to "date" a 14, 15 or even 16 year old is disgusting.

I agree. But somehow the party of family values (and many rightwing posters here) is OK with it.

Edited by ncbirdfan

1 minute ago, ncbirdfan said:

I agree. But somehow the party of family values (and many rightwing posters here) is OK with it.

Link please to anyone here who is "ok" with it.

Just now, workerbee said:

Link please to anyone here who is "ok" with it.

Are you trying to get me banned? You know that I cannot do that.

1 minute ago, ncbirdfan said:

I do know that you cannot do that and not for the reason you are stating. ;)  A PM will work.

Edited by workerbee

35 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

We need more politicians like him. I am listening to his speech now. Before all this happened I really didn't have any feelings one way or another for Franken. But he has shown to be contrite in an arena of falsities. He seems to be a good man caught up in a lynch mob atmosphere.

Franken wasn't even contrite in his resignation message.  He denied the allegations by saying that some of the accusations were wrong and he remembered the others differently.

Nothing good about parsing words like he did. 

Just now, Ode2Joy said:

Franken wasn't even contrite in his resignation message.  He denied the allegations by saying that some of the accusations were wrong and he remembered the others differently.

Nothing good about parsing words like he did. 

Some of the allegations could have been bogus. We don't know. And he didn't vilify anyone. Can you say that about Trump? or Moore? Hell no. But the GOP just wants to win. It doesn't care about a person's character. They will continue to be supported by you and others.

13 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

No one on here is okay with child abuse.  No one.  That's why you can't do it.  You can't even point to a post someone made who said that they are okay with it.

Franken merely tried to deflect from his own behavior by dragging Moore and Trump into his "farewell address" to throw a rock at them and by doing so, at his own accusers. 

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

No one on here is okay with child abuse.  No one.  That's why you can't do it.  You can't even point to a post someone made who said that they are okay with it.

Franken merely tried to deflect from his own behavior by dragging Moore and Trump into his "farewell address" to throw a rock at them and by doing so, at his own accusers. 

Do you support Moore and his child molestation? or do you think he should step down?
Do you support Trump's "Grab them by the ******" rhetoric and the fact that he can do anything without consequences? Or should he step down?

Edited by ncbirdfan

The irony of it all is hard to ignore.

Just now, ncbirdfan said:

Some of the allegations could have been bogus. We don't know. And he didn't vilify anyone. Can you say that about Trump? or Moore? Hell no. But the GOP just wants to win. It doesn't care about a person's character. They will continue to be supported by you and others.

Which allegations could have been bogus.  If you want to drag Trump and Moore into the discussion about Franken's predatory behavior, you might as well drag in the accusations made against Bill Clinton and how last year's Democratic presidential nominee attacked his accusers.  Hell.  She even called his girlfriend "a narcissistic loon" because of the affair she had with her husband.

Whataboutism is a two-way street, and Franken's predatory behavior and denial of it is a stand alone issue you are trying to evade. 

Just now, Ode2Joy said:

Which allegations could have been bogus.  If you want to drag Trump and Moore into the discussion about Franken's predatory behavior, you might as well drag in the accusations made against Bill Clinton and how last year's Democratic presidential nominee attacked his accusers.  Hell.  She even called his girlfriend "a narcissistic loon" because of the affair she had with her husband.

Whataboutism is a two-way street, and Franken's predatory behavior and denial of it is a stand alone issue you are trying to evade. 

So you do support a pedophile. End of story. And I love you used that word again. So precious.

2 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Do you support Moore and his child molestation? or do you think he should step down?
Do you support Trump's "Grab them by the ******" rhetoric and the fact that he can do anything without consequences? Or should he step down?

I've already condemned Moore not once, but several times already. You're too busy playing whataboutism to deflect from Franken's pattern of predatory behavior and all of the accusations made against him.  Franken himself said that accusers should be believed.

I guess he had second thoughts.  He's not resigning because of Trump, Moore, or anyone else.  He's resigning because of his own behavior of groping and trying to give his victims uninvited tonsil inspections with his mouth. 

3 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

So you do support a pedophile. End of story. And I love you used that word again. So precious.

I support the death penalty for pedophiles. 

Do you?

I've already condemned Moore not once, but several times already. You're too busy playing whataboutism to deflect from Franken's pattern of predatory behavior and all of the accusations made against him.  Franken himself said that accusers should be believed.

I guess he had second thoughts.  He's not resigning because of Trump, Moore, or anyone else.  He's resigning because of his own behavior of groping and trying to give his victims uninvited tonsil inspections with his mouth. 

So you believe Moore and Trump should also step aside?