Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alienrace

Mens BBall

10 posts in this topic

Watched the Terps vs Butler, and have to say this year's team has got something going on.  They're still getting the gears oiled, but they demolished a solid Butler team, despite a high amount of turnovers.  Fernando, Morsell, are great additions, and getting Wiley back another.  Cowan runs the offense very well.  This team is very, very deep(and just wait until the incoming class next year!).  I loved Trimble for his grittiness and heart, but at times the rest of the team just stood around and watched him.  This year they all move well, and they have some explosiveness on offense that I haven't seen in a Terps team in a very long time. 

We'll see what they're really made of come conference play time, but so far I like what I'm seeing and have a feeling they'll be dancing in March.

Gut check win last night.  Bucknell may have been 0-3, but they are a good team that is favored to win their league, and gave NC a pretty tough game earlier in the week.  They came out and just lit it up, shooting 70% in the first half, a barrage of 3's and the Terps were down by 15.  Defense adjusted, Morsell stepped up, and the Terps rallied to win the trap game.

This team can definitely win a few games in the NIT...extend Turg time?

Should be a good year although too early to tell.

ACC looks to have some good teams this year: Duke and UNC in top ten.  Miami and Notre Dame just out and Louisville and UVA also being ranked.   Maryland should have a chance to contend in the B1G.  Michigan State and Minnesota are the only real contenders.   You do have to question the weak preseason schedule. 

Stony Brook

UMES

Butler

Bucknell

Jackson State

St. Bonavneture (tonight)

After tonight it gets a little more real with games against Syracuse, Purdue, and Illinois.  But they still have upcoming games vs Garner Webb, UMBC, Ohio, Catholic, & Fairleigh Dickinson.   I count 11 cupcakes on a 30 game schedule.  They could win all 30 and not be a number one seed.

And so it goes.  That’s the other risk of playing so many cupcakes.  You might not  win them all.

The risk of playing good teams when you are average at best is also a risk...Turgeon is a lousy coach.  

Gary could coach but not recruit. Turgeon is exact opposite. It’s time for him to go.

On 12/2/2017 at 0:20 PM, Manny said:

Gary could coach but not recruit. Turgeon is exact opposite. It’s time for him to go.

That seems to be the rub.  Players get worse

On 12/2/2017 at 0:20 PM, Manny said:

Gary recruited with integrity..Turg, let’s just say he recruits with a Big 12 mentality.

On December 8, 2017 at 10:08 AM, RileyMartin said:

Gary recruited with integrity..Turg, let’s just say he recruits with a Big 12 mentality.

If you are aware of a violation contact the NCAA.