alienrace

Mens BBall

83 posts in this topic

Tied with 3 minutes left and then terps played about as ugly a 3 minutes of bball as I've seen in awhile .....

We'll have to see if Turgeon can have any success sans Melo. And even he wasn't that special of a player.

The injuries have hurt to be sure but this team just isn't that good and Turgeon's weaknesses are becoming apparent.

I know they've had injuries to contend with, and I won't pretend to be an extremely knowledgeable basketball fan, but I can say my impression is that his teams seem to come up on the short end of games that are close late a lot more than I feel they should...

Is it sad that I have been offered 2 tickets in Section 112 tomorrow and I turned them down? Between the drive, my cold symptoms, and the likely result, I prefer to watch it on the couch. 

32-20. Can the Terps maintain this momentum?

1 hour ago, Manny said:

32-20. Can the Terps maintain this momentum?

No, Turgeon is a lousy coach.  

13 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

No, Turgeon is a lousy coach.  

This team doesn’t know how to win. 

2 hours ago, Manny said:

This team doesn’t know how to win. 

He willbe the first to blame the players too.

Most of Turgeon’s teams don’t know how to win, never have.   There are mid-majors with much better rprograms than Maryland’s.  

1 hour ago, RileyMartin said:

He willbe the first to blame the players too.

Most of Turgeon’s teams don’t know how to win, never have.   There are mid-majors with much better rprograms than Maryland’s.  

With a new AD likely, it may be time to cut bait with Turgeon. 

4 minutes ago, Manny said:

With a new AD likely, it may be time to cut bait with Turgeon. 

Starting to agree.  He is a great recruiter, but his teams play way below their talent level.  Major offensive droughts continue to plague his teams. 

19 minutes ago, alienrace said:

Starting to agree.  He is a great recruiter, but his teams play way below their talent level.  Major offensive droughts continue to plague his teams. 

He is the polar opposite of Gary, who could coach, but not recruit. I still think this is an attractive job for a bigger name. I can almost understand losing in Big Ten football, though I am very impressed with Durkin. But in basketball, Maryland should be a Top 25 program every year.

On 1/27/2018 at 6:27 PM, Manny said:

Is it sad that I have been offered 2 tickets in Section 112 tomorrow and I turned them down? Between the drive, my cold symptoms, and the likely result, I prefer to watch it on the couch. 

Not nearly as sad as FlashMobU...MD students make those dorks at Cameron look normal.

Edited by RileyMartin

13 hours ago, RileyMartin said:

Not nearly as sad as FlashMobU...MD students make those dorks at Cameron look normal.

I am a former student who practically lived  in that section. This current crop is an embarrassment.

Edited by Manny

Ready for our butt whipping tonight? If the NCAA tournament started today, Purdue is a number one seed. By the same token, the Terps would’my even get a NIT invite. 

I am hoping for NIT for the extra games and practice. Of course, even if we are selected for the NIT, we are primed for an early exit.

Edited by Manny

Turgeon'' s coaching ability is approaching a grade of a D. How about the Johnnies (St Johns basement Big East dwellers knocking off Puke

Mildly surprising b10

Nebraska is tied with Michigan at 4-4 and Penn St is behind them

Forget NCAA. That’s out of the question. Rather, I give the Terps a 75% of making the NIT. Even there, they are probably knocked out in the second round. Turgeon seems like part of the problem. 

Yes, Manny it's looking like the NIT

6 hours ago, Fumes said:

Yes, Manny it's looking like the NIT

If they get on a hot streak they might make the NIT. 

Edited by RileyMartin

7 hours ago, RileyMartin said:

If they get on a hot streak they might make the NIT. 

Clemson made it as a 2 seed last year with a 17-15 regular season record. They were also an unimpressive 6-12 in ACC play. 

26 minutes ago, Manny said:

Clemson made it as a 2 seed last year with a 17-15 regular season record. They were also an unimpressive 6-12 in ACC play. 

Not too shabby for a non-flash mobbing ‘football school’.

16 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

Not too shabby for a non-flash mobbing ‘football school’.

Terps are 16-10. There are 5 more regular season games left. Then the Big 10 tournament.  Losing out puts us at .500.

I like Terps at home versus Northwestern and Rutgers. We get Michigan again at home. We played them tough on their court, but they are awfully good.

We get Northwestern right away again on the road as well as Nebraska. We can’t trust the Terps away from College Park. 

1-1 in Big Ten Tournament is doable but one and done is not out of the question. 

That being said, I see 3-4 going into the NIT selection. Does 19-14 get us in? Probably so. If we get to 20 wins, I think it’s a near lock for NIT.

3 pointers falling today!

I remember when Northwestern’s dweeby coach was an assistant with Duke.