Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

Resident shoots armed intruder who forced his way into apartment

33 posts in this topic

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/resident-shoots-intruder-in-ne-baltimore-apartment-complex

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/burglary-suspect-dead-after-shooting

When officers arrived they were meet by a resident who said an intruder forced his way into the apartment armed with a knife demanding money.

The resident was able to get to his firearm and discharged it one time.

I hope the owner of the gun had it legally.  It's a safe bet that the dead intruder didn't force his way inside just to butter bread.

7 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/resident-shoots-intruder-in-ne-baltimore-apartment-complex

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/burglary-suspect-dead-after-shooting

I hope the owner of the gun had it legally.  It's a safe bet that the dead intruder didn't force his way inside just to butter bread.

Out of the average of 169 daily shootings, 5 or 6 of them are for defensive use.

1 minute ago, naive said:

Out of the average of 169 daily shootings, 5 or 6 of them are for defensive use.

Since this is Locals, what's the average in Baltimore? 

I'm glad that the victim had a gun to protect himself in this case if the story as presented is true. 

Aren't you?

4 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Since this is Locals, what's the average in Baltimore? 

I'm glad that the victim had a gun to protect himself in this case if the story as presented is true. 

Aren't you?

The average in Baltimore is likely pretty high. I would guess of the 300+ killed, in someone's mind, they were all killed defensively! Kill or be killed anymore in our city.

Yes, I am happy the homeowner is ok.

1 hour ago, naive said:

Here is a question for you.

Of that 169 how many are-by legal gun owners,or not in the commission of a crime or with guns used are totally legal.

I'll wait.

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

Here is a question for you.

Of that 169 how many are-by legal gun owners,or not in the commission of a crime or with guns used are totally legal.

I'll wait.

I don't care, but if you do, please share your results.

1 hour ago, naive said:

I don't care, but if you do, please share your results.

But but but.....we see your statement...with no validations. You should be able to easily calculate or provide a number based on your 'resources'.

More importantly, if you don't care......then why did you bother to posts those numbers?

Lastly, I am neither your research assistant nor am I your mathematician. So you said it...then you defend it.

Silliest thing I ever heard... you want me to research your position...to try and defeat my rebuttal.

SMH

I used to listen to him all the time on the radio:

"Someone breaks into your house, you Kill 'em.That way there's only One story." - G.Gordon Liddy

And Yes, all my weapons were purchased legally years ago. All are in a locked cabinet except one ready in Condition One.

Edited by Bartman

14 hours ago, Bartman said:

I used to listen to him all the time on the radio:

"Someone breaks into your house, you Kill 'em.That way there's only One story." - G.Gordon Liddy

And Yes, all my weapons were purchased legally years ago. All are in a locked cabinet except one ready in Condition One.

Liddy was shall we say different in many respects....but he is spot on with that one.

If the facts don’t change it seems like a good shoot.

I can’t imagine living in that situation not being armed at least in my home.

3 hours ago, jonsensback said:

Pistols/revolvers are good in close quarters and/or in the hands of someone that is experienced.

The BEST home defense firearm is a good old fashion pump shot gun. Simple, efficient stopping power over a wide area....plus the 'kachunk chunk' of the loading slide will get the bad guys attention without even having to fire a shot. However in some case doo doo clean up maybe necessary. :lol:

This thread's been up for 5 days and only 12 replies? Hmmmmmmmm I wonder why???;)

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:56 PM, Guido2 said:

Pistols/revolvers are good in close quarters and/or in the hands of someone that is experienced.

The BEST home defense firearm is a good old fashion pump shot gun. Simple, efficient stopping power over a wide area....plus the 'kachunk chunk' of the loading slide will get the bad guys attention without even having to fire a shot. However in some case doo doo clean up maybe necessary. :lol:

I'm just Old School, like 1911.

19 hours ago, Bartman said:

I'm just Old School, like 1911.

You keep that cocked and locked?

Clear and Unload it when I go to work in the morning. When I come home I keep it ready to go;

Yup, the only way to go. I'm a Glock man myself. Although my favorite gun is a  Colt Python. It's 40 years old but it just keeps getting sweeter. Feels like I'm shooting a .22. Smooth as a baby's butt.B)

20 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

Yup, the only way to go. I'm a Glock man myself. Although my favorite gun is a  Colt Python. It's 40 years old but it just keeps getting sweeter. Feels like I'm shooting a .22. Smooth as a baby's butt.B)

Tried a couple Glocks but just didn't care for them. One friend of mine must have half a dozen in different Flavors. I always liked the Classics, my Gov't Model is just Plain Jane but I put black rubber grips on it. Some people feel intimidated by the 1911 but to me it's a big old *****cat. My 9mm is the old tried & true Browning Hi-Power. Nothing fancy just the base Std model in black. Couldn't afford a Python when I was arming up way back when so I got one that had good reviews, the Taurus 689 6" vent rib in Stainless. I put Hogue grips on it. For a .22 I had to go with the classic Ruger MkII but got the 6" Bull barrel. Now the one Oddball I have you just can't get anymore. A Russkie nickel plated Makarov in .380. Basically the Russian idea of the PPK. That's why I got it 'cause I couldn't afford the Walther. It ain't bad and I like that it says "Made in Russia" on the slide. If I could Carry, that would be the one. Figure I covered the Major calibers I wanted . An old shooting buddy tried to talk me into a S&W .44 but I shot one Once and said I'll Pass on it. I've got enough. Don't feel that I need anything else.

Edited by Bartman

On 11/19/2017 at 4:23 PM, jonsensback said:

I've always said: It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:09 PM, mrdeltoid said:

This thread's been up for 5 days and only 12 replies? Hmmmmmmmm I wonder why???;)

It the narrative doesn't fit, you must omit!

On 11/19/2017 at 7:56 PM, Guido2 said:

#00 buck....when you care enough to send the very best....B)

19 hours ago, Bartman said:

Tried a couple Glocks but just didn't care for them. One friend of mine must have half a dozen in different Flavors. I always liked the Classics, my Gov't Model is just Plain Jane but I put black rubber grips on it. Some people feel intimidated by the 1911 but to me it's a big old *****cat. My 9mm is the old tried & true Browning Hi-Power. Nothing fancy just the base Std model in black. Couldn't afford a Python when I was arming up way back when so I got one that had good reviews, the Taurus 689 6" vent rib in Stainless. I put Hogue grips on it. For a .22 I had to go with the classic Ruger MkII but got the 6" Bull barrel. Now the one Oddball I have you just can't get anymore. A Russkie nickel plated Makarov in .380. Basically the Russian idea of the PPK. That's why I got it 'cause I couldn't afford the Walther. It ain't bad and I like that it says "Made in Russia" on the slide. If I could Carry, that would be the one. Figure I covered the Major calibers I wanted . An old shooting buddy tried to talk me into a S&W .44 but I shot one Once and said I'll Pass on it. I've got enough. Don't feel that I need anything else.

While I like to shoot the 1911, it's a little to much kick for my taste. And the 9mm holds more rounds, the ammo is cheap, and I can be back on target quicker. But you're right, it is a wonderful piece. The .357 fell in my lap. I bought it used for $300 about 25 years ago. I couldn't pass it up. I love that gun.

All ammo can be cheap if you reload as I do.

Yup somepeople are just lucky with firearms and getting bargains. Some people super bargains.

A buddy of mine was a postman (retired) in Maine. One of his customers had disassembled a 1911 (from WW2) and never put it back together....just gave it to him. Another gave him an old Henry lever action...in excellent shape....just needed a good cleaning and a new firing pin spring.

Me all I get is dirty looks when I walk out with my gun cases on my way to the range. :D

21 hours ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

#00 buck....when you care enough to send the very best....B)

Just to be nice....my first round is #8 trap shot.....if they don't get the message..a couple of #00 are next in line...last.....rifled deer slug.

If all that doesn't get the message across....then I am dealing with the HULK...and I had better run. ;)

47 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Just to be nice....my first round is #8 trap shot.....if they don't get the message..a couple of #00 are next in line...last.....rifled deer slug.

If all that doesn't get the message across....then I am dealing with the HULK...and I had better run. ;)

At 25ft bird shot is going to hit like an ounce and a quarter slug....won't have cleared the shot cup at that range and will make one big hole instead of a whole bunch of little ones.;)

Sometimes I think a full blown 12ga is overkill for inside home defense and a 20ga is more than sufficient with the added benefit of being lighter and easier to handle....plus, if necessary mrs fever (she who must be obeyed) can handle it.

Then there are these:

https://www.venturamunitions.com/categories/shotgun/12-ga-minishell.html

I can cram 12+1 into the hd gun.