Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Impartialfan

Damascus-Walkersville

55 posts in this topic

Saw a good game tonight between two small but tough teams...both well-coached...one question came up ...how did the best two players on Damascus end up there after playing for Urbana last year? Dickens the senior RB and Bresee the stud DE...did they both move the short distance from Ijamsville to Damascus?

1 minute ago, Impartialfan said:

Great crowd too.

Oh. I know you've been doing some heavy trolling in your 5 days on here, I was just hoping for some substance, instead of the obvious - great crowd, great coaching. You might have been better off asking someone there for the home address of the two, like their parents.

Just now, themamba said:

Oh. I know you've been doing some heavy trolling in your 5 days on here, I was just hoping for some substance, instead of the obvious - great crowd, great coaching. You might have been better off asking someone there for the home address of the two, like their parents.

Just curious, since public schools never recruit...lol.

1 minute ago, Impartialfan said:

Just curious, since public schools never recruit...lol.

No problem, I figured you didn't go, based on the post.

9 hours ago, Impartialfan said:

Saw a good game tonight between two small but tough teams...both well-coached...one question came up ...how did the best two players on Damascus end up there after playing for Urbana last year? Dickens the senior RB and Bresee the stud DE...did they both move the short distance from Ijamsville to Damascus?

Urbana went though a lot of drama last year, which ultimately led to Coach Mac (former QO coach) resigning. That left many people in Urbana unhappy with the direction of the program.  Families literally moved out of town to places like Damascus.

9 hours ago, themamba said:

No problem, I figured you didn't go, based on the post.

LMAO! Great game,crowd and coaching! 

**** I was sitting on the couch and could say that too!

Damascus had 12 men on the field on the Dickens 12 yard score. Two refereee threw flags but waved them off. Video shows a dozen Swarmin' Hornets on the field.

Damn, I'm on the phone with one of my Douglass peeps who is crying over Lackey Boogie Middleton's big run to setup of the TD and go ahead 2-point conversion with less than two minutes left in the game to pull out the win and he going to try to figure out how to send me a clip of a supposed illegal chop block that freed Boogie the Douglass coaches were screaming about that supposedly took place right in front of the line ref who apparently didn't see it but coaches 30-yards away say they saw.  Refs are human too but it was a killer no call if true the kid blocked was on the ground doing the toss flag motion.

1 hour ago, nomad974 said:

Urbana went though a lot of drama last year, which ultimately led to Coach Mac (former QO coach) resigning. That left many people in Urbana unhappy with the direction of the program.  Families literally moved out of town to places like Damascus.

I thought I read something about this earlier this year Nomad. I first saw that the DL in question was some publication's HS Freshman All American Team. Then I read somewhere that he transferred to Damascus.  Later I read online about the drama Urbana had last season.

3 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

I thought I read something about this earlier this year Nomad. I first saw that the DL in question was some publication's HS Freshman All American Team. Then I read somewhere that he transferred to Damascus.  Later I read online about the drama Urbana had last season.

This at Urbana after I heard several supporters each put up $200,000 to have field turf installed there....

35 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

This at Urbana after I heard several supporters each put up $200,000 to have field turf installed there....

EXCUSE ME DOUG E. FRESH !??!?!?! Wow....

Great game but very ugly officiating. Hats off to both teams. Just saw the film of the Dmass TD. What a complete screw up of officiating some of the worst I have seen ever. But that was two very talented teams fun to watch.

Count the number of players and reme 9 (QB) was split wide.  Also had 5 in the backfield.   The flag was thrown, TD was scored, and the flag picked up.  Crazy 

sad that's how Damascus won the game. gotta feel for the walkersville kids.

Sorry.  I can’t figure out how to post the picture of the 5 in the backfield and 12 man set. 

Damascus is notorious for odd calls in games by the refs.  Seen it once personally in a playoff game with phantom calls and here about from time-to-time.  I know there is groaning everywhere about refffing but I had a friend at the Dmass and Walkersville game last night, that is not affiliated with either school. He just went to watch the matchup and he was texting about how horrible the refs were and the disadvantage Walkersville was in.  The home field advantage is important.  

5 hours ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Yeah, many people including myself at the time said the Urbana fiasco would have far reaching consequences. The dispersal of Urbana talent is one of them.  

5 hours ago, gc06 said:

sad that's how Damascus won the game. gotta feel for the walkersville kids.

One bad call did not determine the outcome of that game. Im sure when D looks at the film they will find calls that were missed that helped W. Who's to say D wouldnt have scored from 17 yds out on the next play. Walkersville had 4 quarters to score a TD and didnt. Calls are blown in the NFL with replay. Officiating in HS is bad. Its part of the game.

8 minutes ago, Oil Can said:

One bad call did not determine the outcome of that game. Im sure when D looks at the film they will find calls that were missed that helped W. Who's to say D wouldnt have scored from 17 yds out on the next play. Walkersville had 4 quarters to score a TD and didnt. Calls are blown in the NFL with replay. Officiating in HS is bad. Its part of the game.

But are we talking about a call that was made and the flag waved off for 12?   A bad call is one thing but not being able to count is another matter, especially if a flag was thrown for that but waved off.  Or do I have what happened all wrong?  School a vamp.  :confused: