Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sprightly

Guinness Opening Brewery in Baltimore County

14 posts in this topic

Sprightly, I don't know if the new pub will be serving Guinness Stout but if so, give it a try, it's good stuff.

I drank my share of it in Ireland years ago and enjoyed every drop.

I wish I still indulged but since I don't, I hope you'll add at least part of my share to yours.

Slainte!

11 minutes ago, retired said:

Sprightly, I don't know if the new pub will be serving Guinness Stout but if so, give it a try, it's good stuff.

I drank my share of it in Ireland years ago and enjoyed every drop.

I wish I still indulged but since I don't, I hope you'll add at least part of my share to yours.

Slainte!

It will be open to the public for tastings and there will be a retail store! :) I will raise a pint to you, retired!  Sláinte!

Edited by Sprightly

Would recommend. Even the inferior American Guinness is still better than your typical beer. I've tried a Guinness in a real Irish pub FWIW.

I hope they offer public tours. I love seeing this stuff up close.

1 hour ago, Gertrude said:

I hope they offer public tours. I love seeing this stuff up close.

Guests at the Baltimore County brewery will be able to sample new and experimental beers at the taproom, take tours of the brewery and purchase Guinness merchandise at the on-site retail store. The brewery would be modeled after the Open Gate Brewery in Dublin, Ireland, which creates and showcases experimental brews.

An arrogant american walks into a dublin pub, slaps a $100 bill on the bar and says,

"That's a wager to any man who thinks he fan drink 10 pints of guiness in an hour".

Nobody responds, but paddy, sitting at the end of the bar, stands up and walks out.

An hour goes by when paddy walked back in, approached the american and asked if the wager is still good.

"Sure", said the yank, "10 pints in an hour for $ 100".

"Yer on", said paddy, who proceeded to down 10 pints well within the allotted time.

"You win", said the american, "but I have to ask why you waited an hour-where did you go?"

"I went to the pub across the street and drank 10 pints of guinness", paddy replied.

"Why?"

"Well it's been awhile since my heavy drinking days and I wanted to be sure I could still do it.";)

Edited by Dr Johnny Fever

Guinness stout on tap works for me. :)

What probably doesn't work is something called "Guinness Blond American Lager", which I've seen advertised. Sounds like they're trying to appeal to the Bud Lite crowd.

17 hours ago, regularguy said:

Guinness stout on tap works for me. :)

What probably doesn't work is something called "Guinness Blond American Lager", which I've seen advertised. Sounds like they're trying to appeal to the Bud Lite crowd.

Not quite. I think it's trying to appeal to the non-Guinness drinker, or someone who doesn't want something as heavy as Guinness.

It's more in line with Grolsch or Heineiken.

On 11/19/2017 at 7:26 PM, Dr Johnny Fever said:

An arrogant american walks into a dublin pub, slaps a $100 bill on the bar and says,

"That's a wager to any man who thinks he fan drink 10 pints of guiness in an hour".

Nobody responds, but paddy, sitting at the end of the bar, stands up and walks out.

An hour goes by when paddy walked back in, approached the american and asked if the wager is still good.

"Sure", said the yank, "10 pints in an hour for $ 100".

"Yer on", said paddy, who proceeded to down 10 pints well within the allotted time.

"You win", said the american, "but I have to ask why you waited an hour-where did you go?"

"I went to the pub across the street and drank 10 pints of guinness", paddy replied.

"Why?"

"Well it's been awhile since my heavy drinking days and I wanted to be sure I could still do it.";)

Very funny.

Tried Guinness once Forever ago way back in my Fells Point days, we're talking in the 70's! Didn't care for it then and haven't touched it since.

15 hours ago, Bartman said:

Tried Guinness once Forever ago way back in my Fells Point days, we're talking in the 70's! Didn't care for it then and haven't touched it since.

I was wondering about that...thanks for clearing it up. Now I can go on about my day.

Harp Guinness and Smithwicks all good beers in the Guinness family. Getting half guiness and harp or Guinness and smithwicks one is called a half and half the other a black and tan.

On 11/18/2017 at 9:10 AM, Sprightly said:

Guinness Brewery - Baltimore County

I drive past this every day and have been watching the building progress.  I don't think I've ever had a Guinness, but maybe I will! :)

For being a dark beer they're not bad.