Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saticon3

Laptop won't respond to mouse clicks

3 posts in this topic

Hi all

another project for learning and just tinkering, not necessity

Dell Latitude E-6400 laptop-- worked fine for a couple of years until one of the kids brings it and says it won't do anything. Boots but after a certain point won't respond to mouse clicks- cursor will move-- tried external mouse, doesn't help.

Just decided to re-load OS  , did the same thing in set-up--- the process went through a few steps then when it gets to the accept license and install, it won't click.  

swapped hard drives, same thing.  Even tried to run Ubuntu off a usb, same thing, Ubuntu will load and cursor will move, you can click on a few things but only to like open files to read, won't click on things like opening programs.

Tried to re-set bios to default, no indication was given if that operation was successful or not, but it didn't help. 

Booted again with original os and still it will do a few clicks then just quit responding to clicks. 

Saw something about loading mouse driver directly into bios, but I haven't a clue how to do that. Any ideas?

Edited by Saticon3

Sorry, no clue here. Been running a couple Factory Refurbed Dells myself  for some time now, each at least 3 and 4 years old respectively out of their refurb place. The internal speakers on my newest one started cutting out so I was afraid of the audio going out. Got a pair of cheap USB speakers for it and they work fine but the internal speakers just quit for some reason.  

Giving up on it for now, taking too much time- I'm on  this Lenovo T60 thinkpad  I bought months ago-- $20 for two of them, they came without HD's, power supplies, or batteries-- was able to get this one going with just stuff I had on hand and its flying--- took awhile the OS wouldn't load then I discovers the spare HD I had put in it was no good, swapped it and now all is good