Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnpolitics

MONDAY NIGHT MESS

129 posts in this topic

Down 7-0, defense commits 3 stupid penalties on 1 drive.

When Flacco did something stupid and "Chucky" attacked him my wife said, "how dare he speak the truth".

Harbuagh should have benched Judon for a series after his penalty.  No excuse for that kind of undisciplined play.  Houston is still way over matched in this game.  The Ravens should be able to pull away in the second half, even though the defense doesn't look on top of their game.   Can anyone do anything about Flacco's knee brace?  That thing seems to pop out every time he slides.  For that matter, why does he still need it?  It's been two years since the injury.  And the play on the sideline to Wallace..... Every week I see WRs able to keep their feet together and pull that pass down.  His feet are wide apart and he can't get it down.  He is so over rated as a receiver.  He has speed and that's about it.  

This team is complete garbage. Not sure why I even waste my time. The offense is literally sickening.  D is solid but still gives up a lot of big plays. 

Offense is pitiful. Just embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

Offense is pitiful. Just embarrassing.

Yeah I'm glad I decided to watch my super hero cross over event for the last 2 hours. Doesn't look like I missed much. 

Wow this offense is UNBEARABLE. Morningweg has to go. This offense is bad but his plays calls are disgustingly bad 

5 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Yeah I'm glad I decided to watch my super hero cross over event for the last 2 hours. Doesn't look like I missed much. 

Definitely better off not watching. This offense does nothing but put me in a bad mood 

At this point in the season I just can’t believe they haven’t been able to figure out some plays and some things to make this offense work, or at least work a little better. It’s not like they have a bunch of no name backups and rookies out there  

What are they paying Morningweg for? 

Their offense is unwatchable. 

And I repeat - "It all starts with the offensive line".

I do agree though, it's unbearably bad.  Flacco, Wallace, Woodhead, Maclin, somebody has to step up and start making plays.  Flacco misses an open Wallace for a TD.  Wallace lets a ball go right through his hands that would have been a 50+ yard gain.  If it's not one guy not making a play, it's another.  Nothing is in sync. 

Of course when 3/5ths of your offensive line are human turnstyles, these things tend to be magnified.

A win is a win and you take it any way you can get it. But what's concerning is the Ravens had to go to their absolute maximum to beat a badly compromised Houston team at home. 

Next up Detroit, which has Matthew Stafford nursing a sprained ankle and isn't guaranteed to play next Sunday.

11 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

A win is a win and you take it any way you can get it. But what's concerning is the Ravens had to go to their absolute maximum to beat a badly compromised Houston team at home. 

Next up Detroit, which has Matthew Stafford nursing a sprained ankle and isn't guaranteed to play next Sunday.

That's what gets lost with a lot of people here.  A win is a win no matter how you look getting it.  The Raven's didn't look particularly good getting it against a team with a backup QB, but it still goes down as a W.  The offense is a product of the FO not improving it that much during the off season.  It is what it is now.  If the AFC form holds and the Ravens make the playoffs with Pittsburgh and New England getting the bye, I could actually see the Ravens winning the wild card game.  Even on the road they could beat a Jacksonville team with an offense as bad as theirs, or a Tennesse team that isn't much better.  They could beat KC if they can some how win the division.  The team I think they would have the most trouble against is the Chargers.  LA has Phillip Rivers who has given the Ravens trouble in the past, and a big time defensive line that could eat the Raven's OL up.  

Marty is the worst ever here and in my opinion it's not even close.

The misdirection pitch that got them a big gain on 4th and short was an example of keeping a defense off balance. Needs to happen 3 or 4 times a week. Along with end arounds, quick inside FB hitters, shovel passes, etc. They're relatively safe plays that get a defense looking at more than one or two options.

1 hour ago, cprenegade said:

That's what gets lost with a lot of people here.  A win is a win no matter how you look getting it.  The Raven's didn't look particularly good getting it against a team with a backup QB, but it still goes down as a W.  The offense is a product of the FO not improving it that much during the off season.  It is what it is now.  If the AFC form holds and the Ravens make the playoffs with Pittsburgh and New England getting the bye, I could actually see the Ravens winning the wild card game.  Even on the road they could beat a Jacksonville team with an offense as bad as theirs, or a Tennesse team that isn't much better.  They could beat KC if they can some how win the division.  The team I think they would have the most trouble against is the Chargers.  LA has Phillip Rivers who has given the Ravens trouble in the past, and a big time defensive line that could eat the Raven's OL up.  

One guy the Ravens should target this offseason is Jarvis Landry. He wants out of Miami and the Dolphins aren't going to stand in his way. He'd be a good fit if the Ravens continue to run the West Coast (or whatever it is they're purported to be doing out there).

8 hours ago, mdrunning said:

A win is a win and you take it any way you can get it. But what's concerning is the Steelers had to go to their absolute maximum to beat a badly compromised Green Bay team at home.

See what I did there :)

7 hours ago, mdrunning said:

One guy the Ravens should target this offseason is Jarvis Landry. He wants out of Miami and the Dolphins aren't going to stand in his way. He'd be a good fit if the Ravens continue to run the West Coast (or whatever it is they're purported to be doing out there).

They need some help on the offensive line. Jarvis Landry isn't going to help when Flacco has no time to pass.  I wonder where the Ravens would be now if they didn't have any injuries on the offensive line. 

21 minutes ago, alienrace said:

A win is a win and you take it any way you can get it. But what's concerning is the Steelers had to go to their absolute maximum to beat a badly compromised Green Bay team at home.

See what I did there :)

Yeah, but the Ravens were dominated by the Jaguars and lost to the Bears in OT... ;)

9 hours ago, alienrace said:

And I repeat - "It all starts with the offensive line".

I do agree though, it's unbearably bad.  Flacco, Wallace, Woodhead, Maclin, somebody has to step up and start making plays.  Flacco misses an open Wallace for a TD.  Wallace lets a ball go right through his hands that would have been a 50+ yard gain.  If it's not one guy not making a play, it's another.  Nothing is in sync. 

Of course when 3/5ths of your offensive line are human turnstyles, these things tend to be magnified.

It's a complete group effort to struggle that badly. The OL injuries put them behind the curve, the play calling is horrifically basic and predictable, and the skill position players often fail to execute even when they're in position to make a big play. My biggest gripe about Joe, and it's been the same since his first preseason game his rookie year, is that his trigger finger is just a fraction of a second too slow. There were several throws to made last night where a slightly quicker launch would have given his target more room to make a play, or to get his feet moving before the DB closed. Instead, the receiver wound up getting hit immediately upon the catch, or he ran out of room to make an easy catch.

He seems to pick up his own pace and react faster when they go in to a more hurry up type of mode. His clock management still isn't great, but it seems like his production and confidence to make throws improves when they pick up the pace. But Marty rarely puts them in that "muddle huddle" mode. Marty rarely does anything to play to their strengths..

11 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

Yeah, but the Ravens were dominated by the Jaguars and lost to the Bears in OT... ;)

The Steelers were also dominated by the Jags...

1 minute ago, Ravens2006 said:

IThere were several throws to made last night where a slightly quicker launch would have given his target more room to make a play, or to get his feet moving before the DB closed.

The throw to Perriman on the sidelines comes to mind.  Joe had him wide open and if he'd released a little sooner would have been an easier catch for a big gain instead of pinning him against the sideline like that.

The offense is a complete mess from Marty on down to the last guy on the roster. I don't even know what could be done.

14 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

The offense is a complete mess from Marty on down to the last guy on the roster. I don't even know what could be done.

I don't think anything can be done this year except firing MM and letting someone under him take a shot at OC. It won't get worse than what it is now if they took that action.

For next year, imo, they have to draft the best offensive position player on their board- whether it's a QB, RB, WR, or OL- it makes no difference really. They need it all- so just get the best one who will do the most for them for the future. Then do it again in the second and third rounds.

Being there in person is more painful sonce you see more than just the ball like you see on TV ........

Joe comes out of the hiluddle already knowing who he is throwing to and never looks anywhere else .....

There are folks open and he never even looks at them .....

He dumps off if someone gets a couple feet from him .....

Those blaming everything on the o line need to stop making excuses for Joe's lack of pocket presence and tendency to panic .....

Lots of o lines suck, Houston was worse, our rush was better and that back up looked better than Joe getting the ball down field .....