Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnpolitics

MONDAY NIGHT MESS

129 posts in this topic

Eastside at the game the route running was horrible couple that with Joes inaccuracy and this offense will produce 5yrd check downs all game long.

And what a mess getting into the stadium last night it took me 30 minutes in line. Had to drop someone off at a hotel near BWI got stuck in traffic till we got back to York it was 2am. Tough work day today.

I only watched part of the 3rd quarter and saw an awful lot of fans seemingly disguised as empty seats.

Did anybody attend and what was the crowd like?

2 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

I only watched part of the 3rd quarter and saw an awful lot of fans seemingly disguised as empty seats.

Did anybody attend and what was the crowd like?

It was less than the last game. A big game this Sunday vs the Lions will determine how much the fans are still into this team by the attendance.

I noticed that on the Sunday night game too, lots of empty seats.  The networks are doing what they can to hide it, but there is no doubt that people are not coming to games.

11 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

Defense and Tucker can only carry you go far.

Defense and Stover won a Super Bowl, but I get your point. 

27 minutes ago, daravenator said:

And what a mess getting into the stadium last night it took me 30 minutes in line. Had to drop someone off at a hotel near BWI got stuck in traffic till we got back to York it was 2am. Tough work day today.

I went in kinda early...around 7:50...took 5 mins.

9 minutes ago, alienrace said:

I noticed that on the Sunday night game too, lots of empty seats.  The networks are doing what they can to hide it, but there is no doubt that people are not coming to games.

Eh, it was about 3/4 full.

This is the NFL today.

It'll be interesting to see what the crowd is like this Sunday.

6 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Defense and Stover won a Super Bowl, but I get your point. 

The 2000 offense was vastly underrated.  They wound up 15th in points and 16th in yards, with a really strong second half of the season.  Their offensive line was very, very good, and allowed Jamal to plow over teams very consistently.  Dilfer was good for 1 or 2 big plays every game.

The other myth was that Dilfer "protected the ball".  He was actually an interception machine throwing somthing like 13 picks in 11 games.

2 hours ago, WhatintheHell said:

They need some help on the offensive line. Jarvis Landry isn't going to help when Flacco has no time to pass.  I wonder where the Ravens would be now if they didn't have any injuries on the offensive line. 

I agree. Maybe it would be different if the O line was whole, but though most agree with me I think Flacco has enough decent receivers to have a decent offense. Even if you subtract Perriman. 

18 minutes ago, alienrace said:

The 2000 offense was vastly underrated.  They wound up 15th in points and 16th in yards, with a really strong second half of the season.  Their offensive line was very, very good, and allowed Jamal to plow over teams very consistently.  Dilfer was good for 1 or 2 big plays every game.

The other myth was that Dilfer "protected the ball".  He was actually an interception machine throwing somthing like 13 picks in 11 games.

Sorry bro gotta call you on this post. I just went back and looked at the scores. That year the Ravens scored 1 TD or less in 8 games. There were 6 games(if I counted right) where they scored no TDs. You're right that the O played better in the 2nd half, but if you take the totality of the season, if we had an average defense and average kicker that year, we don't even make the playoffs. You're right on Dilfer, but I never made that claim. Ironically the offense started playing well when Dilfer became the starter at Cincy in week 10

Edited by bmore_ken

12 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Sorry bro gotta call you on this post. I just went back and looked at the scores. That year the Ravens scored 1 TD or less in 8 games. There were 6 games(if I counted right) where they scored no TDs. You're right that the O played better in the 2nd half, but if you take the totality of the season, if we had an average defense and average kicker that year, we don't even make the playoffs. You're right on Dilfer, but I never made that claim. Ironically the offense started playing well when Dilfer became the starter at Cincy in week 10

I don't disagree, but my point was that going into the playoffs, the Ravens were a more complete team than people gave them credit for.  Sure, in totality of the season their offense was ranked in the middle, and no doubt without the defense and ST they had they'd have not even sniffed the playoffs. 

I think that they Ravens offense just needed a spark/change, and Dilfer provided it.  Banks did some good things early on in the season, but he just made too many mistakes at the worst times, though it wasn't all his fault.  I felt bad for him when Billick made the change. 

2 minutes ago, alienrace said:

I don't disagree, but my point was that going into the playoffs, the Ravens were a more complete team than people gave them credit for.  Sure, in totality of the season their offense was ranked in the middle, and no doubt without the defense and ST they had they'd have not even sniffed the playoffs. 

I think that they Ravens offense just needed a spark/change, and Dilfer provided it.  Banks did some good things early on in the season, but he just made too many mistakes at the worst times, though it wasn't all his fault.  I felt bad for him when Billick made the change. 

I don't disagree with that, but my original statement was based on the fact they wouldn't even had gotten that far if we had been dependent on the offense. 

14 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

I don't disagree with that, but my original statement was based on the fact they wouldn't even had gotten that far if we had been dependent on the offense. 

No doubt about it.  I guess what I was saying is that the offense this year is quite worse than the offense we had in 2000 going into the playoffs.  I'm losing any confidence that they can improve going forward.  It seems like the same story every week, nothing is in sync at all.  I know a lot of people want to blame Marty, or Joe, and the criticism is certainly warranted given the results, but I don't think they can fix anything with the way the line is currently configured.  I guess we are all a little frustrated at this point in it.

1 minute ago, alienrace said:

No doubt about it.  I guess what I was saying is that the offense this year is quite worse than the offense we had in 2000 going into the playoffs.  I'm losing any confidence that they can improve going forward.  It seems like the same story every week, nothing is in sync at all.  I know a lot of people want to blame Marty, or Joe, and the criticism is certainly warranted given the results, but I don't think they can fix anything with the way the line is currently configured.  I guess we are all a little frustrated at this point in it.

Yeah I don't think I've ever seen a Ravens offense this bad. At this point you can't really fix the line, I just don't see adjustments being made considering the shape that it's in. That's my biggest frustration. This team is lucky to be at 6 wins right now. 

3 hours ago, WhatintheHell said:

They need some help on the offensive line. Jarvis Landry isn't going to help when Flacco has no time to pass.  I wonder where the Ravens would be now if they didn't have any injuries on the offensive line. 

The offensive line is going to be pretty decent next year. The weakest part of the line just may be Howard and he is very average. You'll see come next year. My main concern about the offense is Flacco. I just am not sure if he has it any longer but with a better offensive line to play behind next year, we are sure to find out.

8 minutes ago, RavingManiac said:

The offensive line is going to be pretty decent next year. The weakest part of the line just may be Howard and he is very average. You'll see come next year. My main concern about the offense is Flacco. I just am not sure if he has it any longer but with a better offensive line to play behind next year, we are sure to find out.

Yup, I'm starting to wonder if Flacco has much left in the tank.  You're right though, hard to tell given the lack of pass protection, but there are times when he's had it and still is not finding guys and missing throws, and quite frankly, panicking.  I'm not sure he's mentally recovered from his knee injury...he still wears that brace...although, I will say his scrambles last night were encouraging on that front.

Edited by alienrace

38 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Yeah I don't think I've ever seen a Ravens offense this bad. At this point you can't really fix the line, I just don't see adjustments being made considering the shape that it's in. That's my biggest frustration. This team is lucky to be at 6 wins right now. 

What you have to understand is you can only make so many adjustments. Sometimes, the players you have are just bad and you cannot win with them. I have to believe that all the adjustments that they could possibly make still just do not work. If Marty can't think of good adjustments then Roman could give him ideas. Ozzie knows alot about football. He could even give him ideas. Everybody in this organization knows what you know. Trust me. This offense is bad but to believe that Marty could just make a few adjustments and all of the sudden this offense would be clicking is just hogwash. I have never used the word hogwash before. The offensive line is terrible. Flacco is playing terrible. Whether it is the line that is making Flacco play terrible or not remains to be seen but either way...he is playing very very bad.

1 minute ago, alienrace said:

Yup, I'm starting to wonder if Flacco has much left in the tank.  You're right though, hard to tell given the lack of pass protection, but there are times when he's had it and still is not finding guys and missing throws, and quite frankly, panicking.  I'm not sure he's mentally recovered from his knee injury...he still wears that brace...although, I will say his scrambles last night were encouraging on that front.

Yeah some qbs never seem to be the same after that injury. Carson Palmer was bad after the surgery for many years. He didn't become a decent qb again until he signed with Arizona which was something like six years or so after the injury. I may need a fact check

Just now, bmore_ken said:

Yeah I just can't do you today. I'll try it another day. 

Yeah, my last post way wayyyy out there and so non sensical

9 minutes ago, RavingManiac said:

Last night Tom Savage was throwing well enough to find Hopkins long- made Flacco and the WR's look pretty bad. I'm not convinced a better O-line will solve their passing game problems.

4 minutes ago, mikemor1 said:

Last night Tom Savage was throwing well enough to find Hopkins long- made Flacco and the WR's look pretty bad. I'm not convinced a better O-line will solve their passing game problems.

I agree.  They showed some stat where Flacco was 1 for 20ish on passes over 20 yards.

There was no stopping Hopkins one of the best recievers in the league his speed and body control make the ravens secondary  look like college kids with the fouls.

4 hours ago, daravenator said:

I didn't understand what was going on.....

Looked to me like they weren't letting anyone in during the paratroopers entry ....

Once they dipped into the stadium, the line move ld pretty good again....