Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guido2

Just for fun....wild Al...remember this?

4 posts in this topic

i stumbled across this just now....God so long ago.....thought I would share....please smile and hopefully laugh. Enjoy

Think my 1st PC was a P-100. HD was possibly 20 or 30 Gb back then, I remember I paid xtra for a CD burner. Ordered from an outfit named Digirex out of that big old Computer Shopper book that used to come out. I used to grab that book every month as the Technology was booming so fast. My Second one was from an outfit named Multiwave, they're still around last time I looked selling parts. Then later at a Computer Show I bought a Barebones rig that I finished out and powered with the then new AMD Thunderbird chip. Since then I've bought nothing but Cyberpower rigs, The latest one I bought back last January is my 4th from them. Never had any problems or failures with any of them.

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com

In the early 90’s my first computer was a window 98 which I bought to run a demo version of AutoCAD which included a tablet. I used this to make the drawings I needed for my business as a Land Surveyor.

Today I have four other employees who are using the latest version of AutoCAD & our survey crews are using GPS.

Having said that, I am still using my old windows 98 to do my job until the day I die

(:-

Edited by tooldtocare

God....you guys are making me feel really old. My IT trip started with breadboards and punch cards...my first computer was a TRS-80 I think there was 4k of ram ...you had to re-key every program in if you turned the machine off. I was in hog heaven when I got the cassette to save them. Forget hard drive....the cassette was  your hard drive.