Lawman 27

Solving the Detective's homicide

65 posts in this topic

Note to editor: This may sound like it should be added to our fallen Detective's "Topic" but I feel it should stand alone.

I am hearing horror stories on social media about the Detective and how he died.

I honestly believe that, to honor the Officer's memory, the Police Commissioner needs to come forward and dispel some of these stories.

I am also hearing that one of the Representatives in the House is screeching about how the FBI needs to handle the case. I for one agree with this, but I would think that a member of the House would know that the FBI can not get involved without the Commissioner's blessings. So the questions remain: Why can we not get an answer to what happened and why can't the Commissioner stand up and at least clear out some of the BS?

12 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

Note to editor: This may sound like it should be added to our fallen Detective's "Topic" but I feel it should stand alone.

I am hearing horror stories on social media about the Detective and how he died.

I honestly believe that, to honor the Officer's memory, the Police Commissioner needs to come forward and dispel some of these stories.

I am also hearing that one of the Representatives in the House is screeching about how the FBI needs to handle the case. I for one agree with this, but I would think that a member of the House would know that the FBI can not get involved without the Commissioner's blessings. So the questions remain: Why can we not get an answer to what happened and why can't the Commissioner stand up and at least clear out some of the BS?

Commissioner Davis has been giving updates and dispelling rumors as much as he can. He can’t give out too much information during an ongoing investigation, plus, he really doesn’t owe the public any more information until it’s all concluded. 

I don’t know why you’re asking...you should know this stuff.

Edited by PinkFlamingo

What social media?  They can be very unreliable, but you should identify them.

One representative screeching?  Do you mean Elijah Cummings?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/blog/bs-md-cummings-suiter-wray-20171129-story.html

Rep. Elijah E. Cummings pressed the director of the FBI on Wednesday to make the investigation into slain Baltimore homicide detective Sean Suiter “a top priority” and called on the federal agency to “do everything” in its power to help.

Cummings and other members of the Congressional Black Caucus held a closed-door meeting with FBI Director Christopher Wray to discuss concerns with an unrelated Aug. 3 report from the bureau that warned of a threat posed by “black identity extremists.”

Cummings, the governor, and the Baltimore City council are all calling for the FBI to do whatever is possible to help solve the murder of Detective Suiter.

Who's opposing it or refusing to let them take it over? 

The FBI needs to be involved, especially when they reported that the officer's DNA was the only DNA found on his own gun that killed him at very close range.  How is that even possible unless the other person was for some reasons wearing gloves on that day, which wasn't cold by any stretch?

I don't think there is anything at this point that Davis could say that would dispel any rumors or suspicions that many have, and maybe he can't say anything more because of the investigation and the information they're looking at. 

5 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Cummings, the governor, and the Baltimore City council are all calling for the FBI to do whatever is possible to help solve the murder of Detective Suiter.

Who's opposing it or refusing to let them take it over? 

The FBI needs to be involved, especially when they reported that the officer's DNA was the only DNA found on his own gun that killed him at very close range.  How is that even possible unless the other person was for some reasons wearing gloves on that day, which wasn't cold by any stretch?

I don't think there is anything at this point that Davis could say that would dispel any rumors or suspicions that many have, and maybe he can't say anything more because of the investigation and the information they're looking at. 

The Commissioner did come forth today and speak of an FBI request. None too soon either.

The Commissioner doesn't have to spill the beans, just dispel stories about what did NOT happen.

52 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

The Commissioner did come forth today and speak of an FBI request. None too soon either.

The Commissioner doesn't have to spill the beans, just dispel stories about what did NOT happen.

I find it hard to believe that the FBI will be more forthcoming to the public than Davis is...but we shall see. 

50 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

I have been out....so he hinted ...committing too? I dunno.....I think if I were Davis I would punt.

Unless there is something else going on.....much like Trump.....a nasty fact that no one wants out.

1 minute ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I find it hard to believe that the FBI will be more forthcoming to the public than Davis is...but we shall see. 

One of my relatives is in the FBI.....all that stuff about 'never lie to the FBI' is very true.....second one but unspoken.....'don't mess with our case and DEFINITELY don't mess with our witness.' They REALLY hate being made to look bad.

Let them totally after it.....done before the middle of next week.

22 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Commissioner Davis has been giving updates and dispelling rumors as much as he can. He can’t give out too much information during an ongoing investigation, plus, he really doesn’t owe the public any more information until it’s all concluded. 

Common sense defined!!! 

You can almost read between the lines from what Davis is saying and none of it is good.  He said that the FBI may have evidence that the police do not have. 

This was a horrible situation all around, and I think that many are not going to like what the FBI investigation turns up. 

Cops don't want to snitch on other cops and other involvements and causes not spoken about aloud are probably going to upset a lot of people after the fact depending on what the FBI finds as a result of their investigation. 

In the paper Davis 'asked' the FBI to step in. And implying that they had information about the detective and the dirty cop case which they can not access and may or may not have bearing on the murder.

It is a wise move I think. No 'insider' or dirty cops impeding the case.....type ..... ramifications popping up down the road

Now they are saying suicide is possible....shhhhessshhhhh.

22 hours ago, Guido2 said:

In the paper Davis 'asked' the FBI to step in. And implying that they had information about the detective and the dirty cop case which they can not access and may or may not have bearing on the murder.

It is a wise move I think. No 'insider' or dirty cops impeding the case.....type ..... ramifications popping up down the road

Now they are saying suicide is possible....shhhhessshhhhh.

I thought there were three shots! Did he miss his head on the first two? :o:huh:

2 hours ago, caliber45 said:

I thought there were three shots! Did he miss his head on the first two? :o:huh:

I tend to be analytical and not emotional. So here is a scenario of the why and how of the suggested suicide of the  Detective..

Suppose that the Det. had start receiving threats not just on himself but his family if he testifies. If he does the 'right' thing and provides the FBI with a testimony his family is in jeopardy...he seems like a MAN that would ignore the threat on his person. If he reneges on the FBI....he is in legal jeopardy..jail time etc...and his family will also suffer. Loss of paycheck/benefits/pensions etc..

So....is his only 'out' suicide? Could he have 'staged' the suicide as homicide....two shots at the 'assailant' ....then.......kills himself?

The family is safe from the bad guy threat, they will still get all the benefits etc.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND.... I AM NOT ACCUSING HIM OF THIS...FAR FROM IT. But I am trying to lay out what others/some maybe thinking when they suggested the possibility.

So PLEASE DON'T RAG ON ME.

From what I have read about his career...he was a stellar example of what ALL cops could and should be

God rest your soul Detective Suiter. Sleep well.

Edited by Guido2

36 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I tend to be analytical and not emotional. So here is a scenario of the why and how of the suggested suicide of the  Detective..

Suppose that the Det. had start receiving threats not just on himself but his family if he testifies. If he does the 'right' thing and provides the FBI with a testimony his family is in jeopardy...he seems like a MAN that would ignore the threat on his person. If he reneges on the FBI....he is in legal jeopardy..jail time etc...and his family will also suffer. Loss of paycheck/benefits/pensions etc..

So....is his only 'out' suicide? Could he have 'staged' the suicide as homicide....two shots at the 'assailant' ....then.......kills himself?

The family is safe from the bad guy threat, they will still get all the benefits etc.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND.... I AM NOT ACCUSING HIM OF THIS...FAR FROM IT. But I am trying to lay out what others/some maybe thinking when they suggested the possibility.

From what I have read about his career...he was a stellar example of what ALL cops could and should be

"Staged" is what I couldn't bring myself to say.  I thought there was also supposed to have been some signs of a struggle that took place out of sight and a brief hard-to-decipher audio caught right before it all went down. 

Again, not saying that was the case, but there are other reasons a person who had decided to commit suicide would not want it to look like a suicide. 

I hope that was not the case, but there are so many strange circumstances to this case that are causing many people to question many things about it. 

6 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

"Staged" is what I couldn't bring myself to say.  I thought there was also supposed to have been some signs of a struggle that took place out of sight and a brief hard-to-decipher audio caught right before it all went down. 

Again, not saying that was the case, but there are other reasons a person who had decided to commit suicide would not want it to look like a suicide. 

I hope that was not the case, but there are so many strange circumstances to this case that are causing many people to question many things about it. 

Thanks for the reply. This is a true quandry. Hopefully this will all shake out and suicide is not the end result.

Guess all we can do is sit and wonder and wait.

4 hours ago, Guido2 said:

That sounds far-fetched to me.

9 hours ago, Guido2 said:

So here is a scenario of the why and how of the suggested suicide of the  Detective..

This is more the kind of thing someone who is not in law enforcement could be induced to do. Maybe. A LEO would know how to defend against attempts by criminals on the lives of witnesses. This is only credible if he's lured to a location and then told he must kill himself at that moment or watch his family murdered, which seems more like a series of events you'd encounter in a potboiler. It would also require that Suiter's enemy be far more dangerous and ruthless than most criminals, and that Suiter not be aware of this prior to being lured into the trap. Not impossible, just extremely unlikely.

Edited by Evil Yoda

6 hours ago, caliber45 said:

That sounds far-fetched to me.

Not to mention the eye witness account of his partner.....

On 11/30/2017 at 8:26 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

You know why

7 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

You know why

Really...I don’t 

On 12/1/2017 at 3:50 PM, Lawman 27 said:

The FBI needs to take over immediately 

1 hour ago, Dinglehopper said:

The FBI needs to take over immediately 

You are three days late, they already  have.

2 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

You are three days late, they already  have.

Good.  And I may have been three days late.  The FBI was 15 days late.  They should have been brought in on day 2 if not one.

Edited by Dinglehopper

Only the request to the FBI has been made at this point.  Davis bypassed the local field office and made the request directly to the FBI Director.  The FBI have not as of yet responded back.

Part of the problem is that Davis' statements about what he knew and when he found out, as well as possible scenarios initially presented, have shifted.  That Officer Suiter was scheduled to testify was known by Davis and there was more than the one scenario initially presented to the public, if the piece by The Baltimore Sun is correct.  

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-1204-suiter-investigation-20171203-story.html#nt=oft13a-10gp1

4 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Really...I don’t 

Ok