Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EgyptKang

'Dreams do pay off': Black women cheer royal engagement

101 posts in this topic

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/a1f2ca0d-2551-3444-ba61-ed61cb0f9945/ss_'dreams-do-pay-off'%3A-black.html

For some black women, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s engagement was something more. One of the world’s most eligible bachelors has chosen someone who looks like them and grew up like them.

 

This would be laughable if it wasn't sad. If this isn't Stockholm Syndrome I don't know what is.

Not the fact that she is marrying a white guy.....no not that. The reaction of black women is what I find sad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't even realize that she's "black."  

They make a cute couple. Best of luck and all that.

Then again, I don't understand all this excitement about the royals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

I didn't even realize that she's "black."  

They make a cute couple. Best of luck and all that.

Then again, I don't understand all this excitement about the royals. 

She’s biracial. I don’t get the big deal either or why someone would be sad about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She is a beautiful young lady. I wish them eternal happiness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmore_ken said:

She’s biracial. I don’t get the big deal either or why someone would be sad about it.

Seriously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Someone who looks like them..."

 

Do you mean all black women look alike?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironic that the first mention I saw of Meghan's race on this forum would come from a race obsessed poster.

Well maybe not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

"Someone who looks like them..."

 

Do you mean all black women look alike?

I’m bit of thread irony she really doesn’t “look like them”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bmore_ken said:

I’m bit of thread irony she really doesn’t “look like them”

Well, she's not quite as pale as the royals. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do find it interesting that whites are chastised about their feelings about blacks and are called racist and bigoted. Regardless of the context in which a comment is made.

However, as I understand black culture.....'not being black enough'...is a point of contention within certain black circles.

Please ....anyone ....correct me if that is another 'urban myth'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Well, she's not quite as pale as the royals. ;)

Re the royals.....Inbreeding and a general lack of sunshine.....does that. :lol:

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

"Someone who looks like them..."

 

Do you mean all black women look alike?

I didn't write the article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Well, she's not quite as pale as the royals. ;)

I don’t think anyone is.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hadn't read anything about her until this thread. You can't help but see her picture on the internet. I didn't know she was biracial. 

I figured she was Spanish or Italian. Doesn't matter. She IS a looker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FatBoy said:

I hadn't read anything about her until this thread. You can't help but see her picture on the internet. I didn't know she was biracial. 

I figured she was Spanish or Italian. Doesn't matter. She IS a looker. 

Definitely   B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Well, she's not quite as pale as the royals. ;)

Queen Latifah, while not pale, really isn't that much darker than the royals either.   

Markle sparkles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Queen Latifah, while not pale, really isn't that much darker than the royals either.   

Markle sparkles.

You need your eyes checked 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The brainwashing of the gullible African masses continues.   Fanatical self hatred leads people of African descent to seek validation from their oppressors to the point of self-erasure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kandace said:

The brainwashing of the gullible African masses continues.   Fanatical self hatred leads people of African descent to seek validation from their oppressors to the point of self-erasure.

What took you so long? You’re slipping girl. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 minutes ago, kandace said:

The brainwashing of the gullible African masses continues.   Fanatical self hatred leads people of African descent to seek validation from their oppressors to the point of self-erasure.

 

5 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

What took you so long? You’re slipping girl. :lol:

I have a job and a life outside Sunspot, incredible as it may seem.  :P;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kandace said:

The brainwashing of the gullible African masses continues.   Fanatical self hatred leads people of African descent to seek validation from their oppressors to the point of self-erasure.

I knew you would get it. All that sugarcoating that they are TRYING to do by tip toeing around the issue can't hide the truth of your statement .

It's the same reaction sistas had when Serena married the founder of that racist site .....reddit. 

Stockholm Syndrome.

Edited by EgyptKang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

I knew you would get it. All that sugarcoating that they are TRYING to do by tip toeing around the issue can't hide the truth of your statement 

Yup.  I wonder how the bride will handle it when her kids start emulating their Caucasoid relatives and wear swastikas in her presence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

I knew you would get it. All that sugarcoating that they are TRYING to do by tip toeing around the issue can't hide the truth of your statement .

It's the same reaction sistas had when Serena married the founder of that racist site .....reddit. 

Stockholm Syndrome.

Or there is a lack of quality black men available. Just throwing that out as a possibility. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kandace said:

Yup.  I wonder how the bride will handle it when her kids start emulating their Caucasoid relatives and wear swastikas in her presence.

She will more than likely overlook it as a phase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0